Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make a custom upper similar to the V2 in durability? The V2 has several layers of different materials so the shoe keeps its shape. Is there a way to replicate this?

I've been experimenting with el wire to go in place of the red yellow and green leds. I first bought 3.2 mm standard brightness el wire and it looks pretty good. I just got some 2.6 mm ultra bright el wire but haven't had time to mess with it. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

Awesomeness.

Is there a way to make a custom upper similar to the V2 in durability? The V2 has several layers of different materials so the shoe keeps its shape. Is there a way to replicate this?

Looking at the patterns on the real MAG and it seems that there could be as many as 4 layers on the main body of the shoe. It seems that the inner liner is two layers, then the laces are attached, then the shell over that which also might be 2 layers.

Last edited:

You will need a grey fabric thats strong and tough, and some thin foam along with some scrim type fabric. The scrim type fabric is what gives it strength.

comparisonsnikes1_zpsf318d385.jpg

comparisonsnikes2_zpsd2859c8d.jpg

OMG, how bad do the HCs look? Thank you for posting those images airair. Even the 'out of the box' V2s look stellar in comparison.

It looks like the Heel Cup on the HC is a new part. Mid-sole, outer sole look to be the same.

I you go to office max or staples or some print/office supply store with a flash drive that has the pdf on it you can easily get it printed

So glad I found this website and would like to thank everyone for the contributions on modding these shoes.my mags arrived yesterday from karen and at first I wasnt going to do much modding but u all gave me the motivation to make these shoes as movie correct as my skills will let me.the tutorials, shopping list, and different ideas being kicked around motivate me, thanks folks!

Does anyone know if the V2s electronics have overcharge protection built in? I suspect not as the batteries are shot in a couple of my shoes. Just for kicks I cut out one of the batteries and soldered in a cordless phone battery and brought it back to life. I'd hate to cook or blow up the battery due to no protection. How long is it recommended to charge the V2s anyways?

Hey guys, decided to post my latest updates to my V2s. Updated the splatter and midsole paint job and tinted to soles blue to prevent further yellowing. I know many guys here complained about the yellowing. All you need to do is just mix fabric dye (royal blue) with either water or sea glow

image.jpg

nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-image-jpg-391484d1413681700

WOW This looks really good.

What grey did you use for the mid-sole?
What aqua (is it equal amounts of green and blue?) did you use for the splat?
Did you use a small brush to apply the grey or is it sprayed on?

As for the blue dye, I think that is a bit of band-aid solution as the soles go yellow right through the cross section. It will suggest that this blue dying will probably need to be done or touched up from time to time - probably at least every 6 months.

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...-58-shopping-list-image-jpg-391484d1413681700

WOW This looks really good.

What grey did you use for the mid-sole?
What aqua (is it equal amounts of green and blue?) did you use for the splat?
Did you use a small brush to apply the grey or is it sprayed on?

As for the blue dye, I think that is a bit of band-aid solution as the soles go yellow right through the cross section. It will suggest that this blue dying will probably need to be done or touched up from time to time - probably at least every 6 months.

thanks bro! For the grey, I pretty much mixed it by mixing a 2:1 ratio of white to black, resulting in a slightly lighter grey. The splatters I did with a small paint brush. I twisted some onlf the bristles to allow more of them to be separated and give it a messy look. The color of the splatter is the turquoise color paint from angelus, which is pretty much a perfect match color wise. The default splatter and Mag letter color was really off, and the grey of the midsole was slightly off. As you can see, I'm basing mines more off the 1989 screen version and not the 2011 release.

as for the dye, it will hold on the sides of the shoe for at least a year. The bottom of the shoe should hold up pretty well too, as long as you don't wear the shoes in the rain. I have dyed sold before and it acts as a great barrier for yellowing.

The only thing I need to do now is swap the electronics or have someone do it for me and these will be the perfect Mag solution for me to wear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back