Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

The reason i'm looking at rechargeable coin cells now is that they would take much less space and could be put behind the white ankle buckle with some modifications (or maybe a custom cast buckle). Add in a charging pin and it would be much better in terms of wiring.

What about the coin cells used in 3D glasses? Some are re-chargeable only in the glasses and other types require the battery to be removed.

@ man, I only just got my Vac Chamber up and running properly. So soon I can begin the painstaking task of sculpting the part for a mold to be taken. At this rate, I might have something by 2014. My goal this year is to get those BTTF tube bags done. So the next project is to get the Vac Form working. A newly revised version is currently under construction.

Idk if anyone here remembers me but i used to be a frequent mag conversationer and i am coming back to the project. I was wondering has anyone made a new blue tinted sole for these yet? I know cavx had something he was working on a while back.
Thanks
If your interested in adding as they say Icy soles to your air mags there are methods of dying them you have to combine Seaglow and blue dye make sure the blue dye is the color of an icy sole though the seaglow is originally used to turn yellow soles back to its original blue icy sole. Look into dying your soles if your interested I may try it.

If your interested in adding as they say Icy soles to your air mags there are methods of dying them you have to combine Seaglow and blue dye make sure the blue dye is the color of an icy sole though the seaglow is originally used to turn yellow soles back to its original blue icy sole. Look into dying your soles if your interested I may try it.
Well i know of that method but the original soles stick out further with a different shape than the V2's and i wanted to know if anyone has made an attempt at that fix.
Thanks

Well i know of that method but the original soles stick out further with a different shape than the V2's and i wanted to know if anyone has made an attempt at that fix.
Thanks
The real soles also have a different pattern on the base (which I think I have found) and are much wider, so a complete new master part has to be sculpted first. I would like to use the same waffle on the V2 for the sides. My goal is to build a proper outrigger sole, but it will probably have to be made in 4 parts as I don't think I will be able to make the part as a single. Ideally, one piece would be better. I also have the proper pigment for tinting the rubber from white/clear to icyblue/clear, so I could make both once the sole molds are done.

The real soles also have a different pattern on the base (which I think I have found) and are much wider, so a complete new master part has to be sculpted first. I would like to use the same waffle on the V2 for the sides. My goal is to build a proper outrigger sole, but it will probably have to be made in 4 parts as I don't think I will be able to make the part as a single. Ideally, one piece would be better. I also have the proper pigment for tinting the rubber from white/clear to icyblue/clear, so I could make both once the sole molds are done.
Ya i think the soles are the only way i can tell the real from the V2. If you did end up making the soles like the originals then it would be spot on. I cant wait to see what you come up with.

There are a few things different between the RD and V2 other than the soles, just that the soles are the most obvious.

He made a few pairs in traditional casting methods (was selling them in the JY), but never released the 3D digital file for shapeways. I was really hoping to get the CP Heal Cup from Shapeways as it is probably the most accurate replica out there. I missed the boat on the pair of urethane casts. The MAG lettering is about 10% smaller than it should be on the V2s, so having the proper sized lettering would be neat.

He made a few pairs in traditional casting methods (was selling them in the JY), but never released the 3D digital file for shapeways. I was really hoping to get the CP Heal Cup from Shapeways as it is probably the most accurate replica out there. I missed the boat on the pair of urethane casts. The MAG lettering is about 10% smaller than it should be on the V2s, so having the proper sized lettering would be neat.

yeah, cloneprops did an amazing job.

PS, a question on the Mags.

Does anyone know how to do the stitching around the Mag tongue border?
I'm almost finished on my V2 pair with new Uppers. Just need a tongue on there.

Couldnt you just use the original v2 tounge? It seems original enough.

the v2 tongue is crap.

its the wrong shape, and not even tall enough for starters.
they are also tarnished due to the constant rubbing of the velcro on them.

i may reuse the foam inside them though.

Even the V1 knockoff tongues are more accurate, albeit with too much foam stuffed in them and still not tall enough.

I guess i will try use as many reference shots to get the height correct.
It doesn't have to be thick, just a thin layer of foam covered with leather or faux leather.

i cant wait any chance you will be making multiple ones? lol

Technically Yes, and the good thing about it is that the same template should work for any size.

The only difference for smaller size shoes is simply chopping off a little off the front, thats it.

All the RD Mags seem like they are the same height, and only differ in the length between the end of the laces and the front toe, unless i'm wrong, but it seems like it.

I'm a size 11 US.

I've glued on the fabric in a slightly unorthodox way, but it looks damn near on to the RD/movie ones.

The only things that I can't fix on these V2s as they are, is height of the front lip on the grey mid soles, the white ankle buckle shape (not really a problem to be honest), and the clear soles which should stick out more from the sides.

Awesome did you take any process pictures? I just compared a size 8 and a 13 and your right the only difference seems to be the length of the toe and the start of the laces.

Last edited:

All I ever did was to place a ribbon (or any thin webbing) over the edge and sew. If you can machine sew, you will probably get a neater result though I found as a neat a job can be done by hand, just it takes 10x as long. The ribbon is just a way to finish the edge without the need to turn the part inside out.

here's one.

magv25_zpsdbd60073.jpg

the fabric hasn't been fully stretched and stitched yet, and ive just temporarily put on v1 knockoff tongue in there, and the heel cup with sellotape to see how it looks.
Just working on the White puffy sections now, but overall, its looking far superior to the totally innacurate standard v2.

To be honest, since I now know how to make these from scratch, the only things I would really need to make a shoe would be the grey midsoles, clear soles and heel cup with ankle buckle.

The ankle buckle and heel cup i can probably make and cast in rubber. The grey midsole also can be modified and cast.
The only difficult bit is redoing the clear soles, and extending that part and getting a suitable clear casting liquid.

Last edited:
those are pictures of the real ones. The second picture has been processed in photoshop, so thats why it looks slightly off.
As for the person selling, its probably a scammer who is trying to flog off some v2s, just look at their feedback and dodgy lack of details.

If the factory brings out a new replica, we will know, but just ignore that auction, obviously a scammer!

came across this on Ebay..... but does something look 'off' to anyone else?...

Nike Air Mag New | eBay

if these are replicas , i want them! but from the supplier like we got the V2's.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back