NIKE MAG Knockoffs

With v1 materials, toe slimming would be very difficult. The outer vinyl and the sheer amount of extra material they used in that area of the show makes precision work difficult and it added a lot of complexity and the rigidity of the skinning fabric of the toes that caused them to "dent" rather than realign to form a thinner toe profile.

I know this, because I actually tried it while tearing down my second shoe. ;)

I still have both my V1 uppers here and I too played around with this. After pulling out all the 'layers', the PVC shell is moldable, but tends to collapse rather than reform. I ended up with a slightly 'soggy' toe look of the '89 shoe which may or may not be what people want. I hope they have used a half decent foam in these V2s as well.

Mine cost me over $200 to build with no labor charges.

I don't honestly know at this stage. If my plan comes together, a tube bag (in black ABS with tint/clear ends) should cost about $100 + shipping. Shipping will be pricey because of the size of the thing even if I manage to keep the weight down.

$100 + shipping is reasonable. Just let me know if its carry-on approved and its availability. You can count me as a definite buyer

$100 + shipping is reasonable. Just let me know if its carry-on approved and its availability. You can count me as a definite buyer
As I mentioned earlier, I don't have a scheduled time for this, so when I am ready, I'll run an INT in the JY.

Back to the shoes...

It would be interesting if someone made a pair of nike mags based on one of the concept drawings. Literally no one else in the world would have them.
tink-open-8.jpg

Here's a question while we wait: would anyone here ever consider modding a set of these to be closer to movie accurate? By that I mean using open cell foam to build the uppers? (And of course the proportions of the components of course)

It's a project I've kicked around in my head a few times, so I'm curious if I'm the only one who's considered it. After these come in, I may use my V1 soles to make up pair of those...maybe.

-Nick

Here's a question while we wait: would anyone here ever consider modding a set of these to be closer to movie accurate? By that I mean using open cell foam to build the uppers? (And of course the proportions of the components of course)

It's a project I've kicked around in my head a few times, so I'm curious if I'm the only one who's considered it. After these come in, I may use my V1 soles to make up pair of those...maybe.

-Nick

I started a pair and dumped them because I didn't like how they were progressing. I could not bring myself to cut out the toe box though.

Then when I went back to the blue foamies and did the toe correction, I was caught between replacing the toe box and leaving it off. In the end, I added a new longer one because I could not see how I would get the shape right with out at least a frame of a toe box in place.

I don't consider "newbie-ism" to be bound by a post count or a length of time. There are many old timers that still act like newbs, and people who have never been newbs even when they've had ONE post. It's a state of mind...and you don't have it. :lol

I was referring to the people engaging in the conversation that involved this line of thinking

[quote']"If they mod it more the price might go up...well the price went up so they must've modded it...what if what we're seeing is a separate shoe from the v2's...wait, since they've already modded it and this has gone to production (it hasn't) does that mean we're getting v3s..."

It's all conjecture and circular logic based on misread statements from other members who don't have any inside information. I'm fine with speculation, but baseless guesses and wild assumptions only serve to further that discussion and raise up the expectations of people who don't know any better.

...and it's trumpeted by a VERY small, but VERY vocal group in this thread and I decided to use the term "Newb" as not to call out any one or two people in particular.

There is only one member here who has ANY claim to inside information and he's working his source like a champ for us, and we are indebted to him, I just want to stress caution because it's very easy -- when we're adding pages to this thread at an alarming rate -- to read something on one page, and once it's swallowed up by the post count, forget where you heard it. Then, 3 pages later, post it as fact or "theory" that you "remember hearing" and because no one will go back in this huge thread, they further the rumor leading to anxiety and disappointment for a product that only ever existed in people's imaginations.

Speculation is ENTIRELY fine, but it's ENTIRELY different from that scenario. So speculate away.

-Nick[/QUOTE]
lol jeez... well sorry we all don't have 1500 intellectually thought out posts with perfect logic. :lol

I think I'm being severely misread by a handful of people.

Here's the rub: there were under 4 people (And I'm sure other members here noticed it) who were driving the conversation in a negative downward spiral, I was attempting to stop that, and as it seems I have now become the focus of attention, I guess I succeed?

Not exactly to plan, but I'll take it. Back to shoes.

-Nick

It would be interesting if someone made a pair of nike mags based on one of the concept drawings. Literally no one else in the world would have them.
tink-open-8.jpg
There was some kids spy movie many years back (early 1990's) that had shoes where the soles would reform to allow the shoes to stick to virtually any surface. I just remembered the shoes after seeing these images because they look similar.

These are the ones I was referring to. I much prefer the hi-top.

I don't consider "newbie-ism" to be bound by a post count or a length of time. There are many old timers that still act like newbs, and people who have never been newbs even when they've had ONE post. It's a state of mind...and you don't have it.

Fair enough. I'm all for bashing ignorant assumptions. Just rubbed my neck hair against the grain when the term "newb" was used. We return you to your regularly scheduled speculation...er, programming, now-in-progress...

So, we have a random guy with new photos claiming the shoes are his and at least one site saying the quality of the Mag they wil be selling is better than the shoes in said photos.

Weird.

I've been scouring the thread for this additional photo you mentioned. I can't find it.
Can you link it into a post to this thread? Thanks.

Just received an unprompted email from the place I ordered mine saying there will be about a week til they receive their batch of shoes because of an unspecified delay at the factory.

Only a week...? That's actually not that bad. So either they are wrong about the delay period (and it will really be several more weeks before they ship), or they are correct and 1) they aren't making any further mods to these before shipping, or 2) the pics released were taken weeks ago making it possible that some mods may have already occurred between when the pics were taken and now. Hmmm...

I said it before, and I'll say it again. For the money, I'm not sure how folks can complain if they get a product that looks exactly like the already-released pics. Would it have been nice if we got shoes that were virtually indistinguishable from the real things? Sure, and it's a bit annoying that retailers fostered this unrealistic expectation by advertising them using pics of the real things. But for $100, these will do just fine.

Delays just suck. I'm not getting mine until next month, but I still want to see the 100% final product on the correct date.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back