NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I have has refunded this week end, by shoesbagonsale ! Delay, two days between my complaint and the refund !

At least we have one positive story out of this.

Anyway to change the mood from :thumbsdown to :thumbsup, I did a little experiment with clear silicone. This is the more expensive clear that is paint-able. Given we are not painting it, I don't see why one would need to pay twice as much if this works.

Question: What is the shore hardness of this stuff?

The test piece I have made myself is soft and grips really well to the smooth tiles on my floor. So maybe this might be too soft as the base sole, but what about the sides?

And yes it back lights quite nice :)

attachment.php

Blue at the top, red for Taff83 in the middle and green at the bottom just so I could see if my NEO shoes are worth doing.

Feedback please!

At least we have one positive story out of this.

Anyway to change the mood from :thumbsdown to :thumbsup, I did a little experiment with clear silicone. This is the more expensive clear that is paint-able. Given we are not painting it, I don't see why one would need to pay twice as much if this works.

Question: What is the shore hardness of this stuff?

The test piece I have made myself is soft and grips really well to the smooth tiles on my floor. So maybe this might be too soft as the base sole, but what about the sides?

And yes it back lights quite nice :)

attachment.php

Blue at the top, red for Taff83 in the middle and green at the bottom just so I could see if my NEO shoes are worth doing.

Feedback please!

Cavx that looks awesome thanks for sharing that!! if you have a spare set going send me your paypal and price and i will send cash straight away :D

My project is on hold till i get soles that i can use but as you mentioned i can cut the sides off and use this with my kmag soles.

Cavx that looks awesome thanks for sharing that!! if you have a spare set going send me your paypal and price and i will send cash straight away :D

My project is on hold till i get soles that i can use but as you mentioned i can cut the sides off and use this with my kmag soles.

Or just lay the EL over the top of the red rubber. You might have to paint it first to get the nice black edge.

This is just a pile I squashed down with an ice cube. It is not even the same thickness and why the smaller part of the back light looks slightly cloudy. At its thickest point, I'd say this sample is almost 5mm where it is really clear at about 2.5mm. So the trick would be getting it level.

What was good was there was little or no bubbles, and I will be running further tests in the coming days to see how different batches turn out. I would also like to know what effect the vac chamber has on it.

So this is really food for thought and sharing ideas. I am hoping others will see the possible benefits of this and chime in.

It may look like crap, but at least it is a hi-top with a clean toe :lol

haha, bit smelly though >.<

Or just lay the EL over the top of the red rubber. You might have to paint it first to get the nice black edge.

This is just a pile I squashed down with an ice cube. It is not even the same thickness and why the smaller part of the back light looks slightly cloudy. At its thickest point, I'd say this sample is almost 5mm where it is really clear at about 2.5mm. So the trick would be getting it level.

What was good was there was little or no bubbles, and I will be running further tests in the coming days to see how different batches turn out. I would also like to know what effect the vac chamber has on it.

So this is really food for thought and sharing ideas. I am hoping others will see the possible benefits of this and chime in.

really impressed with what you have done here, really nicely done Cavx!

The thicker it is the better as it will protrude from the mid-sole, i'm just curious how to change the colour of it, paint or dye?

haha, bit smelly though >.<

really impressed with what you have done here, really nicely done Cavx!

The thicker it is the better as it will protrude from the mid-sole, i'm just curious how to change the colour of it, paint or dye?

:thumbsup Yeah thank you :)

I also have some 5mm clear Perpex here (and will be buying a sheet of 10mm soon), so am going to test it with the silicone (for adhesion) because I think the Perspex might be useful for getting the wedge shape we all want. The only thing that worries me is does that part of the sole need to flex when you walk? The front EL might be right on the ball of the foot and could prevent this from working as I would like because it could restrict the amount of flex needed to actually walk.

I am also going to make a test piece with a lightly scratched surface to diffuse light so I can use LED. basically the light from the LED will light up all surface marks, so if the surface has been rubbed white, the whole thing will light evenly.

I know EL is the right stuff to use and that Jedifyfe got good wear time with his. It is just that I think EL is not as robust for wearing as LED and does not need the inverter, just a small resister, so less taxing on space.

LED's can look just as good as EL if it is defussed, the v2's they did a not bad job but as you said if you rubbed the surface white evenly it will look spot on, i did a nike logo in my thread and i think i emailed it to you once, that was just frosted rubber over a led bulb with the nike logo over the top, was hard to tell the difference, obviously i should have used aqua rather than a blue led but you can picture it.

As for the movement of the EL panel, i think if it sat inside the midsole (dremmel out 2mm in 2 half circles) it will be ok and free from any wear and tear, if it is just sitting inbetween the mid sole and rubber sole though yes i could imagine this might be tricky with a protruding sole with the slant, i will send you a spare pair of soles to practice on not to trouble your ones as i don't need them anymore :)

As you said size UK10 so they can be cut down for other folks builds at a later date if needed.

$%28KGrHqNHJB8FCEz4J8%28PBQrjiekJYQ~~60_12.JPG

These are the shoes I got so far. The lights had been installed by Sam. =)
I broke one of the El Pannel for some reason, and need to remake both of the straps. I hope i'll be able too. Do you have any idea how to make the yellow sole a bit more whiter?

I was wondering, do you have any information about these new replicas from China?

As I've read on this forum so far, there are a lot of scam and the charging thingy doesn't work properly. Apparently they are upgrading them? Is that it?
Do you know when they will make the new version of these replicas?

I found this too *troll face*: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Ma...2296310?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item35c240d876

Although I told shoesbagonsale that I`d wait for the second run and keep my order, I haven`t heard anything from them about a release in three weeks or anything else. Sometimes being patient can be really hard...

Although I told shoesbagonsale that I`d wait for the second run and keep my order, I haven`t heard anything from them about a release in three weeks or anything else. Sometimes being patient can be really hard...

They try to avoid customers with orders that have issues. They always talk to customers making new orders.

2 cents

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back