NIGHTWING ARKHAM CITY build

I got my mask the other day. Pretty close to the arkham city style pretty happy with it. 20131023_112811_resized.jpg

This is what the biceps are looking like right now. 20131023_225534_resized.jpg20131023_225615_resized.jpg20131023_225557_resized.jpg I just have to finish up the boots which I hope to finish up mostly tonight and figure out how to put this thing together. The stomach piece actually needs elastic on it, but i can't put alot or else it won't fit like it should. I was going to connect one side to the rest of the abs and chest but I didn't want to have such a fixed torso area. All the pieces are pretty flexible just did want to put more stress on things if I didn't have to.

This is what the biceps are looking like right now. View attachment 245958View attachment 245959View attachment 245960 I just have to finish up the boots which I hope to finish up mostly tonight and figure out how to put this thing together. The stomach piece actually needs elastic on it, but i can't put alot or else it won't fit like it should. I was going to connect one side to the rest of the abs and chest but I didn't want to have such a fixed torso area. All the pieces are pretty flexible just did want to put more stress on things if I didn't have to.

Are your latex/black suit pieces covering foam too? What did you use or do to get the musculature/sturdy look besides the latex?

This looks superbly awesome BTW (as many have stated) - nightwing's the best of the Bat-protégés.

Are your latex/black suit pieces covering foam too? What did you use or do to get the musculature/sturdy look besides the latex?

This looks superbly awesome BTW (as many have stated) - nightwing's the best of the Bat-protégés.

thanks :) and yeah there's foam underneath everything from 2mm to 6mm depending on the area

Dude! That is looking freakin' sick. I love it. I would like to do the exact same thing myself. More...more!

Last edited:
It would be hard to make the sticks compress due to the shape of the end pieces, there is no room for them to slide into and still have an accuarate look to them. The nightwing set by TriForce that comes out next year and they have two different sets, one compressed and one extended. I had an idea to get them to compress some, but they wouldn't go all the way.

Last edited:
ok, you've inspired me to try one similar to this, but I'm using thin black dearskin leather. I've got the abs made up already and leather covered. I'll make a post with pics when i get more done. Thanks.

Did anything ever come of this? it was looking awesome.

A question though, where did you get the latex from? i've been looking to buy some yellow latex for a sunspot build, but i can't find any stores that sell latex by the yard...

It would be hard to make the sticks compress due to the shape of the end pieces, there is no room for them to slide into and still have an accuarate look to them. The nightwing set by TriForce that comes out next year and they have two different sets, one compressed and one extended. I had an idea to get them to compress some, but they wouldn't go all the way.
Yeah I still was playing around with the idea and think I figured something, but didn't get to play with it as I liked.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, you've inspired me to try one similar to this, but I'm using thin black dearskin leather. I've got the abs made up already and leather covered. I'll make a post with pics when i get more done. Thanks.
Awesome man I look forward to it :) More people need to try and tackle this costume.

Did anything ever come of this? it was looking awesome.

A question though, where did you get the latex from? i've been looking to buy some yellow latex for a sunspot build, but i can't find any stores that sell latex by the yard...
I did have an upper torso and boots that were wearable, but I wasn't exactly happy with the whole thing, as some things got rushed and I didn't meet my goal weight. So I took a break from this build to focus more on my fitness and I think by this halloween I'll have a much better version. I was happy with top, but I found better ways to do the other parts which I'll share when I have enough done. I did get a little distracted though with a dream build of mine. Heh Boba Fett kind of took over and then I just got swamped with work things. Now everything's settled out and I'm back on track I'll most likely pick this build up in the next few weeks.

As far as the latex goes I got it from mjtrends. You can get sample swatches which is great cause lets you feel it and see what kind of color you'll get as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Any updates on this? Its looking great.
Thanks I kinda responded up earlier to gledar on this. I'm really grateful for cosplay as it's motivated me to get into better shape. I've been kind of stocky and now I'm going towards that super lean super hero look. At times I didn't feel like working on things though knowing I wouldn't look how I wanted to in them so I took a break. Plus I may rebuild some pieces as I felt like I was wearing iron man armor almost. Sculpting a full body and casting in latex would be ideal but isn't exactly in my realm right now. It's a little tough to figure how to make things sleek while using so many layers of things. I'm also trying to add strength to the costume without fiberglassing anything which involves ALOT of elastic straps everywhere on the inside so the pieces would snap back to where they were supposed to.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back