Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by swpropmaker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Voodoocaster PM sent.... your Legs have been ordered and all has been taken care of. Please email Mike Salzo at the address I pm'd you.
    Thanks! Again thank you for your amazing patience. Im happy to finally get you taken care of.

2. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

LOL... No shipping today fellas! Blizzard 2016 has hit good 'ol Cheyenne Wyoming 10 plus inches of Blizzardy conditions.. 4 foot drifts.... 4 wheel drive got stuck three times... in the drive way! So wife cant go to work and were stranded in the drive way... So forecast is calling snow to let up later today and clear skys tomorrow so Im going to shoot for then SANJAY. Darn you Mother Nature!

3. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

Baby to arrive in 9 months... Its the way of things :eek

Jedi Dade

4. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Wasn't much else to do buddy! LOL Will see the hospitals explode with newborns!! Took a few days to get everything back to normal.. Post office reports everything caught up so onward with da shipping.

moffeaton likes this.
  5. prop-fighter

prop-fighter Well-Known Member

Hi Steve !

any news ?

6. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Prop-Fighter replacement parts for BOP will ship Monday. Temperatures are finally normalizing so i'll knock out the pieces you need,

7. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

Looks like Steve is making good on his promises. We've been in email contact and he has always responded to me. Yes it's taken a month and an age and been frustrating at times, but I can't complain as he has never ignored me since returning to the rpf.

DRUM ROLL.....He has shipped my TIE and provided a legit USPS tracking number! Furthermore he has also given me an extra surprise gift and shipped it in another box - which was unexpected and very considerate. Another bonus he's given me a few extra parts for my Tie that will make the build unique and very sturdy. I am not someone who will sing praises just on mere words and I don't gush, however looks like Steve has turned over a new leaf and appears to be focusing on his customer base. Once I get the Tie and the gift I will post here.

Steve- thanks,greatly appreciated.

Sanjay

moffeaton, Voodoocaster and timeslip like this.
  8. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Prop-Fighter your replacement parts have shipped USPS Global Priority.
    20160411_161006.jpg 20160411_162238.jpg

Thanks
    Steve

9. ave4uevoli

ave4uevoli Sr Member

Hey Steve...wow...I totally haven't been paying attention to this thread. I'm glad most if not all people have been taken care of. Just please don't forget about me. It happens because I haven't said a peep in a few years. Hope all is well.

10. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

PM sent Thomas. Thanks for the kind words.. I'm working hard to get the back log taken care of and not ever get behind like that again. Things are better, learned some hard valuable lessons and look forward to new projects in the future.
    Thanks a bunch!

Guy Cowen likes this.
  11. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to set the record straight on here as Steve sent my Bird of Prey kit to the UK as promised. I have since ordered another large and very expensive studio scale model kit from him due to trusting him as a reputable seller. As I live in the UK, it takes a lot of trust to send someone a lot of money from across the pond. He has been in touch about the kit and has replied to each of my concerns ref postage. I am now waiting for this kit to be completed and send onto me once he has completed it. I have no doubt Steve will keep his word and promise to me. You can bet I will be thanking him on here once I get word it is on its way to me and once it finally arrives.

12. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Thanks Wayne! We got hit again with snow so the apoxy is not curing as fast as I like.. dont want to heat it and take a chance at warping! I will keep you updated!

Thanks again for the trust! It means a lot!

Steve

waynem0 likes this.
  13. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Hi Steve, no worries appreciate the update and the snow chilling down the curing temperatures to some degree. I hope it clears away soon for you. Yes please do not take any chances, the kit is so rare and so limited in availability that I don't want you to take any risks with it especially that beautifully detailed and long neck piece. A very expensive kit and worth every penny and not worth taking any chances with it. Thanks for the update Steve as always and trust is essential in this game and you have it all the way with me my friend as you have delivered so well in the past with your awesome Bird of Prey kit. This new kit is sure to be it's equal and I want to thank you once again for giving me the chance of getting what I am sure will be such a rare collectors piece for any Star Trek Motion Picture fan and a perfect compliment to your Bird of Prey!

swpropmaker likes this.
  14. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

Well my Tie fighter came this week. I am delighted. Steve threw in an aluminium armature for it and spare EFX Tie Fighter wings together with a free gift - EFX death star tiles wall plaque as issued during the NY Comi-Con I think- thanks. The Tie EFX wings means that my Tie will never warp so that alone makes the wait worth it. A bit of modifying to make them fit, but to repeat I am delighted beyond expectations. Steve has redeemed himself me thinks as he need not to have given me all the extras, I would have been happy with resin wings and resin armature which is what I paid for. Would I buy from him again? I never thought I'd say this, but yes I would as his new customer focus makes him more reachable/approachable/accountable.

Although if he stiffs me again I've got access to a private jet making Wyoming just a short hop from West London.....just kidding.

Thanks Steve, appreciate you going the extra mile. Best for Nice-Models Design LLC. .

Sanjay

swpropmaker, Guy Cowen and waynem0 like this.
  15. prop-fighter

prop-fighter Well-Known Member

received my parcel with BOP missing parts today thank you very much Steve !(y))

Michel.

swpropmaker likes this.
  16. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Awesome kit the Bird of Prey. Check out my build on Steve's site if it helps to give you any ideas

swpropmaker likes this.
  17. Talkierg

Talkierg Well-Known Member

Happy to say that I finally get contacted w Steve regarding my kit ordered years ago.

Don

waynem0 likes this.
  18. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Hey Don, was great speaking with you again and Thank you for reaching out. I do not want anyone's order to go unfilled. No matter the time. Again thanks for contacting me. Will get your order to you as discussed in PM!

Steve

19. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Hiya Steve, how is the weather mate, is it warming up a little for you to start doing some molds on Richards Longs K'Tinga kit for me? Cheers buddy. Wayne

20. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

We are rock N Rolling Wayne! Just a thought since this thread was dedicate to past due orders can we not post here. I want this thread to die on the vine! LOL I'll shoot you a update on PM or Facebook! Thanks!!

waynem0 likes this.
  21. Voodoocaster

Voodoocaster Well-Known Member

22. Talkierg

Steve,sent you several times of pm,please respond..

Don

swmodelfan1977 likes this.
  23. -... . .- --..

-... . .- --.. Sr Member

Anybody heard from Steve?

24. greeble_gremlin

greeble_gremlin Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

25. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

PM sent Voodoocaster

26. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

I called you 2 days ago Greeble_gremlin

27. swmodelfan1977

swmodelfan1977 New Member

Steve,

I am waiting for your kit more than 6 years now.
    You might understand how long it is.
    While our e-mail correspondense, you have kept saying it would be soon, next week cast, rebuilding master and so on.
    According to my record, your last e-mail reply was dated 5th May (Japanese time). No response after that even I have sent e-mail several times.
    And also, I have left message on Facebook dated 6th July, the message was opened same day according to system notice.
    Even though I have no reply yet. Therefore allow me to post on public.

Really really I want you to keep promise two things what you have promised in the 25th November 2015 reply because it seems like you have got payment from Disney.
    Do you remember what you have promised me, Steve?

I don't want to repeat whinging on this forum.
    Thank you for your quick action for two promises in advance.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  28. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

swmodelfan1977 yes I did email you in May and everything still stands. I appreciate you posting here as transparency is important. I went back and checked the old list and for some reason i couldn't find you. However you provided enough proof and like I told you in May I will take care of you for sure on your kit and compensation for your inexcusable extremely long wait. For you information i have yet to receive final payment.. seems like everyone "thinks" I have but that is not the case. Its frustrating for sure. I have been instructed not to comment on that entire situation any longer. So check you PM for the info I requested. Again i'll get this squared away for you.

29. greeble_gremlin

greeble_gremlin Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

yes, you , did,
    ...my apologies, my phone ran out of juice that day, and the charger cord in my car had a kink in it. (I was on the road)

..my bad

swpropmaker likes this.
  30. swmodelfan1977

swmodelfan1977 New Member

Steve,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have PM'ed you.

swpropmaker likes this.
  31. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Hi everyone, just want to set the record straight if possible from another customers point of view, but I am a private collector however. Ordered a Studio Scale Bird of Prey model from Steve. Got the kit delivered to the UK and what a kit. So good that I have now ordered a Studio Scale K'Tinga from him too. He has taken a while to get the kit sorted for me as he has been so busy as of late but when I have chased Steve on progress, he has always got back to me and even though I parted with a lot of money for this kit, I know he will come through for me and I will be adding another awesome kit from him. Being from the UK, it takes a lot of trust to send someone a lot of money overseas. Not like I can go to his house and get my money back. So, I have full trust in him and he has not let me down to date. The wait is always worth it for the attention to detail Steve puts into his kits. I cant wait for his next piece of work to be posted to me. Thank you Steve

swpropmaker likes this.
  32. Talkierg

Hi Steve,please respond to pm,I'll be much appreciate you can bring an end to our deal after so many years.
    send me my kit or refund,it's just that simple and all I want.
    Thanks

Don

33. merseajohn

merseajohn Active Member

Hey Steve, when's the Y Wing going to be posted that I paid you for back in March mate?

swmodelfan1977 and Talkierg like this.
  34. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

John refund for Y Wing sent. There will be news on its rerelease soon. Thought I cold fix what was wrong but tome is not on my side. Don check your pm.

35. Talkierg

Inbox cleared,please resend message Steve.
    Thanks

Don

36. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Don has been refunded. Working on the final kits to get the past due list removed from this forum. Happy Days ahead.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    waynem0 and swmodelfan1977 like this.
  37. -... . .- --..

-... . .- --.. Sr Member

Um, I think you misspelled "stuck here forever as a permanent warning to future suckers."

Talkierg and MonsieurTox like this.
  38. -... . .- --..

-... . .- --.. Sr Member

I haven't "bashed" anyone's threads, and unlike you and Jamie, I've never needed a "crony" here, or anywhere else. You can ask anyone who knows me in real life, and they will tell you the same.

Fact is, not only was I on your list from the very beginning, most of my friends within this community were there as well.

As a result of what now amounts to nearly two decades of your crummy behavior toward me and most of my friends, I sincerely believe it would be a very bad idea to remove this thread from this forum.

Talkierg and swmodelfan1977 like this.
  39. gjjackson

gjjackson Member

I just noticed this thread. So, how long have most waited for a kit. It's going on three months for the K'Tinga and the latest emails are getting to sound fishy.

greeble_gremlin likes this.
  40. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  41. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Greg Jackson i contacted the caster he said yours goes out today or tomorrow. He said he'll send tracking when he does. I will also offer a refund. Simon message me.

42. gjjackson

gjjackson Member

Well, Steve just called me and boy do I have egg on my face. I was totally confused on the emails. He HAS replied to my emails before and it was just a matter of the last ones being different. I had already gotten the D7 in a timely manner, and it looks good by the way. I want to sincerely apologize to Him and everyone here for a simple misunderstanding on my part. Thinking about it I jumped the gun because one of MY emails was also misunderstood when He thought I wanted to cancel an order. I should also say I DID NOT email him about this Before I posted here. That is another mistake on my part. Sorry to have put you through this Steve.

43. gjjackson

gjjackson Member

I got my Ktinga kit today. It just goes to show that a person should not jump the gun or to conclusions.

44. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Update please Steve on my kit. No pics yet which were promised.

jedimaster likes this.
  45. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Sent you a PM to try to get this problem sorted. Please respond.

46. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Wayne hit you up on FB!

47. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Thank you Steve, I have FB message response.

48. waynem0

waynem0 Active Member

Steve, thank you for your message. I have however looked into the proposal and would like please to ask for a full refund for the model kit I have paid for some time ago but due to unforeseen delays which you have been dealing with are unable to provide to me in the timeline suggested. I have seen this solution given to other customers on this forum and this would work well for me and I am sure you also in order to help with your current workload. I await a response please as soon as possible. Thank you for your co-operation in this matter and for helping me to sort out the problem.

49. Flyscriber

Flyscriber Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

*, I was looking forward to building that Klingon kit for Waynemo since April. I guess sometimes it doesn't happen. * shame when folks don't honour their commitments. 6 years for a model kit, jeez. Is that for real !!. I was thinking of getting a probe droid, but forget that. Ill probably be dead in 6 years. LOL

waynem0, gizmo and Hammer3246 like this.
  50. neojun77

neojun77 New Member

PM sent Steve Please check it