Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by swpropmaker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Guys,
    Sorry it has taken so long to post here. I want to let everyone know that has shown concern I appreciate all the well wishers and folks that have offered help. Truth is guys that there is nothing wrong except the fact I under estimated the Police Swing Weds-Saturday 1500 to 0300 shift. 2010 was an absolute kick in the you know what. As my last post indicated I lost my Resin guy to the USMC this past summer. After working those hours I was mentally, and physically beat and worn down. The truth is I could not keep up with trying to run a side business alone. I have started a new position with the police department. It’s a day shift assignment and being a creature of daylight has definitely improved my energy levels. I am currently training a new resin guy and have been hard at work getting everything lined out to take care of past due orders.

I have contacted industry famous resin kit makers and am working to reduce the work load so kits can be offered and delivered in a timely manner. I will be using two well known and reputable folks here on the RPF and will announce who will be doing what as soon as the agreements are made.

I will be working on several patterns now and molding a few new releases in 2011 once past due orders are filled. I want to devote the next several weeks to clear all back logged orders. Once complete I will announce where to get what from who for new and old studio scale models I offer. It’s a win ..win situation for everyone.

I wanted to say this too. The main reason I don’t come here much is that I’m like a crack addict trying to sell crack! I mean I go to the Junk Yard and I gotta have stuff and I get out of control with my spending. I "use" more than I sell.. so to speak. In turn this causes stresses with the wife. So that’s why I’ve always put my number and email in every post so folks can call or email me. Hopefully once things are manageable I can control the JY addiction…

I am a studio scale junkie, They say the first obstacle to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem. Well I admitted here to everyone. I hope once I create a more manageable work load things will get back on track.
    To those I owe. I will be contacting you through email to inform you of steps being taken to complete your order. Those of you that I have arrangements with (Nick, Vos) expect emails too. All aspects of situation will be rectified in a timely manner. Don’t hesitate in emailing me with particulars. NO one will be left hanging in the breeze. Not a single person. I know I’ve let you down but I am a fighter and will fight back and get a hold of this.

Priorities at the movement are
    100% past due orders. Secondary establish reliable alternate producers for desirable kits and Third re establish a controllable situation where it’s fun again for me and folks are happy. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.

I cannot thank each and every one of you guys for the support and kick in the butt you have given me over the years. Trust me. 2011 is looking good. Past due orders are taken care of. Work load is shared among the reliable garage kit producer community and all orders are shipped in a timely manner.

If you are an up and coming garage kit producer and want some patterns to run… contact me at my email address or give me a call. Maybe we can work out something out.
    If it doesn’t work out... I will graciously bow out... once all past due orders are fulfilled. I’m a big enough man to know when it causing more harm than good.

Please contact me via email sneisen@bresnan.net or phone 303 817 9339 I’d be happy to talk with you.
    Respectfully
    Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Gort

Gort Well-Known Member

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you got hammered with work, but glad its not been a really tragic event or something. The information vacuum was creating alot of guesses as to what was going on.

If we can sort out our last couple of kit swaps at some point that would be great. Like I said in one of my emails there's no rush.

Cheers
    Nick

3. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Glad to see you back, bro. 2011 will be way better, for everyone!

4. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Be nice to see you back on the board soon Steve, working silly hours and running a sideline business will beat up on anybody, no doubt about that.

Mods, Help us wean Steve off the junkyard so we can have him back here shooting studio scale shenanigins with us and not in the doghouse with Mrs N lol.

Seriously though, some of the guys who were more prevailant here a few years ago, are missed.

Lee

5. modelnutz

modelnutz Member

Very professional and up-front of you Steve. (y)thumbsup
    I'll give a call later today and see what Monkey Works can do to help you out.

6. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I might be unemployed soon!

PM SENT!

7. darthweezy

darthweezy New Member

Thanks for the notice Steve!

I look forward to seeing some new (an old) models from you; I am very pleased with the 2 kits I got from you (even though I'm still waiting for the pdf instructions for the TIEs!) and I'm ready to build something new!
    I missed out on the SS Imperial Shuttle; hopefully that will turn up for sale soon!

Very professional post and thanks for the update!

8. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

Thanks man , looking forward to the y's

9. mbmcfarland

mbmcfarland Sr Member

Thanks for the update, Steve. Hang in there!

Mike

10. GATORBAIT9696

GATORBAIT9696 Well-Known Member

Wish I could pour resin, since I am a full time student now.. Oh well good luck Steve.

11. RickDTM

RickDTM Sr Member

Hang in there Steve!

12. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

Thanks for the update and for your service Steve. :thumbsup

13. eimb1999

eimb1999 Well-Known Member

Hi Steve.

Glad things are getting straightened out. I know what it's like to get bogged down with work and fall behind. I'm there right now!

14. Ketzer.com

Ketzer.com Sr Member

Do the "100%" include my probe droid?

Tim

15. GF

GF Sr Member

Thanks for the update:thumbsup

GFollano

16. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

If I had any casting skills id offer to help.

17. timeslip

timeslip Well-Known Member

Huh, very funny. I've offerd casting help for a long time now. Left a bunch of messeges. Too bad you never took me up on the help. ALL of your past customers would have kits by now. Oh well. Good luck Steve.
    George :wacko

18. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Yeah, good call, kick a guy while he's down...seems a great idea, just the ticket to give him some energy and focus :rolleyes. Jeez, some of you guys crack me up.

lee

19. EvanW

EvanW Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hope all works out for you Steve! I can wait for the Y-Wing. I'll just have to complete my Star Destroyer, X-Wing, Eagle, PL Enterprise...Yeah, I can wait. :lol

20. jockdeboer

jockdeboer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Steve, I am patiently waiting for that 44"er... Can't wait!

21. timeslip

timeslip Well-Known Member

Hey Lee :cry

What no one will play with you? :lol

Steve is not down, he is just re-focasing. If I had serious problems with Steve I would let him know. We go way back for a bit of ribbing to be just that. That is what friendship is. You know what that is?
    George

22. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Yeah friendship, check that, got some thanks. Playtime, yeah, been and done that today, cheers George, your a trooper :).

lee

23. Jestefarean

Jestefarean Sr Member

Good luck Steve. Thanks for all you have done for me, and for all of us. Studio Scale wouldn't be the same without you.

24. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

I've got a great pattern for ya ;)

25. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Although it's frustrating on both your and our side, the fact is that your passion to make the real deal studio scale model kits is why guys like me are here. By getting into making studio scale kits, then we can go on to get the confidence to start scratching the models.

I'm totally with you about how this stuff is like crack. It's hard to say no when there's so much fun stuff to be had.

Good luck in the future. It sounds like you have a good plan now.

26. JPolacchi

JPolacchi Sr Member

Anyone hear from Steve? I've e-mailed him about 2 times over the last 2 months with no word.

27. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Call him

28. 79 DAYTONA

79 DAYTONA Well-Known Member

Hey Steve its good to hear from you and thanks for the update , is there any new news about the Y-Wing kit i ordered over two years ago.

29. JPolacchi

JPolacchi Sr Member

I don't have his number.Only e-mail and he hasn't answered.

30. Scott Graham

The phone number is right there in his message

31. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Its not rocket science guys...........:lol.

Please contact me via email sneisen@bresnan.net or phone 303 817 9339 I’d be happy to talk with you.
    Respectfully
    Steve

Pasted it in for ya'll.

lee

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  32. jawsmodels

jawsmodels Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Steve. I think theres a few us that can join you on SS adiction recovery programme. Glad to see you haven't quit the game & look forward to more beautiful work from you.
    Take it easy & remeber family always comes first.

33. 79 DAYTONA

Say has any one had any luck getting a hold of Steve i've tried two e-mails and i tried to call him with no luck.

34. Scott Graham

No and no.

35. Primetime21

Primetime21 Active Member

I've talked to him. He's working really hard to get things done. If your trying to get a hold of him during the day you may be out of luck considering he's in a squad car trying to make our streets safe.

36. 79 DAYTONA

I understand Steve has a hard job and it keep him really busy and working on making these's kits must be a pain sometimes thats why i've always try to have patience and support of Steve over the past two years but i worked really hard for the money i sent him and not to have anything to show for it after all this time can really wear on a person and not to hear anything from e-mails and a phone call where i did leave a message with my phone no. hoping he would call me.

So i think you can see how my patience is wearing a little thin.

37. Scott Graham

38. -... . .- --..

-... . .- --.. Sr Member

Yeah, hopefully he's out there catching all of the jerks who make promises they can't keep, take other people's stuff and then disappear.

39. 79 DAYTONA

So has anyone heard from Steve ?

40. Apophis

Apophis Sr Member

nope, sure havent.

41. Ketzer.com

Ketzer.com Sr Member

:lol:lol:lol

42. jedimaster

jedimaster Sr Member

maybe put out an A.P.B.!!!!

43. Darth Kukiman

Darth Kukiman New Member

hey steve, sorry to hear u r so stressed out, and wish things would straighten out better for you. our decade old deal, let me know if any update la.

thanks buddy. KK (hong kong)

44. 79 DAYTONA

Well thats what i thought.

45. vaderdarth

I'll send him a text. See what's up.

message sent. :)

46. vaderdarth

Just got this text back from Steve. He also voicemailed me and says that he has to ability to answer both emails and accept phone calls and can call back when he gets a break from his class. He is doing SWAT training at present. Anyway here is his message:

"I understand the anger and frustration and will not make excuses for the delays. As indicated in my previous post I have prioritized past due outs and am shipping them out weekly. I have contacted and made arrangements to have others in our hobby to take over projects so that any backorders can be fulfilled in a much more timely manner. I am working as fast as I can to deliever the owed items. I have a list of those that I have spoken with. Please email me and I'll let you know the status of your items.... Again guys no excuse..rest assured I'm working to clear the backlog so I can get everyone taken care of.

Steve"

47. Scott Graham

I've emailed and received no response a few times since the incomplete shuttle kit was delivered, after a long time going back and forth wondering why what I was told was different than what happened - the kit will be shipped, followed by me asking if it had shipped and being told it would go out today or the next day. That game was played for a couple of months.

I shouldn't have to keep calling either. Guys overseas shouldn't have to call. Communication is communication, whether by pm, email or phone. Lack of it leads people to have to make their own conclusions.

Since communicating one on one is ignored, what other choice do people have than to post the problems?

I'm still waiting for a response to fulfill the missing parts problem or even acknowledge that it's being taken care of.

48. vaderdarth

nobody is suggesting that you don't voice your frustration......I was just providing a response from Steve. Lots of people are waiting for this or that. I'm on that list too. Just trying to help. :)

49. asemblyrequired

asemblyrequired Well-Known Member

Call the Captain of his police unit and explain the situation. Explain his business practices, show emails/paper trails and talk to internal affairs. While most police officers believe they are untouchable because of their position , you can rattle the cages a bit.

If the response is not good enough then find his local newspaper and give them call. Newspapers enjoy a good scandal .While not directly related , he still has to keep a certain level of professionalism even out of uniform.

I have a feeling if you " reached out and touched" someone like this ; Emails, kits , pieces would start flying out of his home.

-James

50. GF

GF Sr Member

Steve,

I never got a response, you promised to ship in February the kits I ordered over a year ago,
    I have been very patient and understanding but this is getting out of hand.

GFollano

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011