Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by swpropmaker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Gans

Gans Active Member

Shame about the pod
    does PayPal protection go for 7 yrs and 10 Months ?
    Im sure Steve will refund you or send you a new one ASAP
    its sad to want something for a long time and then be disappointed by it
    reminds me of one of my Christmas presents my parents got me when I was a kid, I wanted a Lego spaceship and I got new school shoes :(

2. Viceland

Viceland Active Member

My last post was not clear I guess - I received a new EP hull yesterday, as replacement for the warped original issue, after a 7y10m wait.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Thanks Frederic (Viceland)... thanks for taking the time to write what you did. Standing up.. and completing the owed list was hard. There are some that want to see me fail and go away. I didn't make my commitment to satisfy past due or replacement part orders to make the nay sayers happy. I did it because it was the right thing to do. You have indeed shown more patience than I ever could of. Something I've worked on during this process. Get better in all areas. I have modeled what i do now in the image of my great friend Mike Salzo. With his mentorship I have/am taking this as on as full time job and not a part time hobby. I don't and will not take pre orders for kit runs ever again. I maintain a work load that is manageable and hire help when needed. I will not used kit sale money to pay for the run in advance. This is where you can get into trouble fast. Which I did. Failed miserably. My participation here on the RPF when the list is complete will be to enjoy watching others build and not be stressed of owing anyone anything... Since there are other outlets for sales that protect the customer.. I think I'm gonna stick to selling kits that way. Keeps me accountable without nasty flame threads. Plus the Studio Scale forum is not the place to sale kits from. Its designed to allow builders a place to talk, work and show off their creations. I will not be using it for business purposes. Again thanks for taking the time to provide constructive suggestions all have been taken to heart. Gan's Viceland finally received his replacement hull so there is no need to launch a paypal claim or anything as you recommended. However you are correct. Future Kit sales are on hand... in that they are ready for shipment. NO PAID PRE ORDERS! If payment is made and the package does not arrive in the prescribed time the customer will be able to file a claim and be protected. This has been proven effective with the non Star Wars I've done the past couple months. Molds are being done on the re detailed TIE Hull and am casting the Virtual Koolshade patterns over the Holidays... December was a productive month towards the future. I hope 2015 will hold many more successes! Happy New Year Everyone!

Shadowknight likes this.
  4. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

Steve, I'm still in a terrible cell area, but we're finally about to head home - can you get the DS and tracking sent off so I can take care of it first thing when I get back to Los Angeles?

Thanks!

5. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

You bet. Call me when you are in better area! Happy New Year Willie!

6. JLinNY

JLinNY Well-Known Member

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that Steve came through for me. Thanks man!!

7. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

John thanks for the heads up!! Glad you got the stuff!

8. edspaged2

edspaged2 Well-Known Member

Hi Steve,

I just sent a message through your website in regards to the studio Tie. Understandable that your getting outstanding orders out of the way first.

9. fistius

fistius New Member

Steve,

I have tried emailing you a few times over the past couple of months, with no joy. Can you please let me know when you will be sending me the remainder of my refund?

Chris

10. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

11. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

Steve - May I ask what the status is on the Tie Fighter please??

12. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Went and checked SPAM.. look for an email with final refund info. Thanks Chris.

13. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Ok guys all the main TIE molds have been re made.. actually pouring TIE's this week. a few molds need to be made on the inserts. So TIE will be shipping hopefully by weeks end! If you are on the list you will receive your kit. Then we can all finally but this thread to bed and move forward. Thanks again for the opportunity to fulfill past orders. this all will be soon at an end. Being behind that is!

14. fistius

fistius New Member

Ok, will check my mail when I get home.

Chris

15. Voodoocaster

Voodoocaster Well-Known Member

Steve,...what about my rotj at-st larger leg set?
    The last time we had contact about these was several months ago.
    Please let me know the status.
    Thanks

16. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Heres they "why" you haven't received your replacement legs isn't part of the owed kit list VC... I'm getting the kits out... just a few left then I'll send you the the larger ATST leg set. It will be sooner rather than later as progress for list completion is upon me now.

17. Voodoocaster

That is strange,....i can clearly see my name and the leg set on the owed list on page 32 of this thread(nr.8)
    Well ,...as long as i receive the leg set i am fine with it.
    Keep up the good work!

18. swmodelfan1977

swmodelfan1977 New Member

Steve,

I am new for this forum in fact, and regret to start my first message with this for TIE.
    I have sent you e-mails many times but no reply yet since I have got your reply on 10th May.
    As everybody knows, it is not the first time but waiting for more than 5 years based on my record on Paypal. I am not sure who would be the longest.
    Always it is said ...'next week ...'. Just I feel unprofessional because I have never seen your work with my own eyes yet.
    I would like you to update periodically at least once in a week or two weeks.

Thanks,

Noboru from Japan

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  19. Voodoocaster

Any updates?
    Did everybody receive their stuff?
    I am still waiting for mine.
    Steve if you read this,..can you tell me the status of the at-st larger leg set?
    Thanks

20. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

Nope 6 years waiting for vapor ware Tie Fighter. seems like a trend from Garage kitters as of late. Sorry I'm just very disappointed.

21. Voodoocaster

Does anybody know if Steve still reads this thread and/or visits therpf?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  22. Dane69

Dane69 New Member

I dont think so,
    I did email his store 10 times the last 2 months-no reply
    i wanted to buy the cloud cars studio scale,, but no response
    They dont want our money :thumbsdown

23. EvanW

EvanW Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Profile said he was active 2 days ago

24. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You seek Timeslip Creations here or on Facebook. And didnĀ“t MIke Salzo offer a CC, too?

25. Dane69

Dane69 New Member

Hi

Dont know who sells a studio scale cloud car, other than Nice models, but please , if anyone have info about who sells a studio scale cloud car
    please tell :)

26. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have two kits of the cloud car and can part with one if you would like to buy it. Let me know here or in a PM.

27. Voodoocaster

Ah finaly an update ,...oops i lied,..no parts received yet,..not even a reply to my interest in buying e-mails adressed to nice-n models design website.
    There must be something seriously wrong with ME,still having faith in Steve comming through in the end and therefore considering,if he lets me,to order new stuff from his website,with the risk of having to wait for it for years.
    I still believe in you man!
    I quess you do not permit yourself to sell new stuff before you actually have delivered all the owed stuff.
    I can live with that.
    Update me whenever you are ready,i'll be faithfully waiting..
    To who am i talking here?
    Steve!,Steve are you still here?:rolleyes
    Anybody seen Steve around or did he take (to) one's legs:p:lol
    This was a joke,..i quess

28. star-art

star-art Sr Member

Steve really has his hands full right now. Really and seriously. I'm not surprised he isn't replying to messages, etc. He's so busy at the moment that he barely has time to sleep and eat. I've been in the same boat for a while myself, so I can relate. I hate putting stuff off but sometimes you don't have a choice.

Voodoocaster likes this.
  29. Voodoocaster

point taken.
    Steve, take care,i hope all is well.
    Good luck
    Star-art, thanks for the explanation

30. Falk

Falk Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Charles, would you mind to elaborate? He is busy doing what? Fulfilling the backlog, new Nice-N products or his collaboration w/ efx?

31. star-art

star-art Sr Member

I'm afraid I can't elaborate at the moment. I do hope more info will come to light soon though. :)

32. mslz22

mslz22 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can vouch for this, I have had the same issue over the last couple of months and i have only checked RPF 3 or 4 times in total those months as well. Steve will be back

33. propcollector

propcollector Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hi mike need to talk to you!!!!!!!

34. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

Steve is back home finally. The last few people he owes will be taken care of.

Steve and crew have been working on a massive undertaking and a licensed project. He's under an NDA to not publicly talk about anything Star Wars. If you have questions for him please email him at sneisen@bresnan.net he will reply appropriately.

35. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

I have emailed and PM'd Steve without any reply. Steve- are you ever going to ship that Tie Fighter I paid for way back in 2009? More like;y Disney will have finished with the Star Wars franchise by then. For years I keep hearing he'll 'take care of the last few owed' Being one of them I feel this is going nowhere.

Thanks

36. Guy Cowen

Guy Cowen Sr Member

You may have to wait till Rogue One is finished, as this "allegedly" appears to be the latest sidetrack from the right track!! Good Luck, and at least we reached Mars since you paid, so something positive happened somewhere !!

37. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

So could it be that all those tie fighter hulls destined for customers who actually paid wound up at ILM (since their model shop is long gone) to grace the silver screen? I should be honoured as my digitally remastered resin kit will be flying straight at me in 3D. I wonder if a little faux Koolshade was part of the package deal? I jest Steve all I want is that tie fighter, tie fighter, tie fighter...klicking heels three times.....Did I say I wanted MY TIE FIGHTER!!

38. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

I spoke with Sanjay aka Lazyeagle yesterday and I'm happy to report his TIE will ship out with the new cast resin koolshade plates I've been working on. With only a couple more to wrap and finally this back log and this thread can be put behind me. LazyEagle.. not sure what Guy was saying Rouge One is not causing any delays. However I do agree it has been to long to satisfy your order. I appreciate the continued support as indicated in your email. Mars.. that's a good one Guy.. I appreciate the sarcasm... i do get that its been to long to satisfy these orders.. but good none the less. I'm happy to report only a few more and there wont be any more opportunity to bash on me... on owed orders anyway. Hope everyone is having a great day. I am on the right track.. I hope anyway! Again thanks to David Simonds, Jay Bowen, Mike Salzo, Jason Eaton and all the others that have helped me get to this point.. everything is much appreciated!

39. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow, you've come a long way Steve, that massive backlog is down to two TIEs. That will be a sweet day indeed! :)

40. Lazyeagle

Lazyeagle Active Member

I can confirm that Steve has contacted me and has indicated that he wishes to ship me a Tie Fighter kit. On receipt of the kit I will post here, Thank you Steve I look forward to receiving the kit as you've promised.

Best

'Jay.

41. Voodoocaster

Yeah,.. and 1x niesen-n models design rotj at-st larger leg set ofcourse:),..still patiently waiting on mine

42. propcollector

propcollector Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow Steve owes me the koolshade and this is first I have herd of the cast resin panels being done!!

43. prop-fighter

prop-fighter Well-Known Member

Hi everyone !
    Steve is back home but it does not reply to emails sent to it!
    I wait a few missing pieces to finish a kit Klingon birth of prey a work that a German friend asked me but no response after six months and still no pieces!
    I find that to 3000 dollars for a kit, the minimum is to respond to requests !

Michel.

44. Voodoocaster

NO COMMENT,NO WORDS:facepalm

45. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

The parts that are "missing" will be replaced. The molds to the BOP were archived in storage. I have not been able to empty the storage to get them because of a bad back. I dont mind replacing lost/missing parts.. just have to get to them as I dont have them on hand. I emailed Michel as much. I will make a effort over the weekend to get help to retrieve the lost.missing parts.

I sold 5 kits and this is the only one with missing parts. I was NOT making any kits or kit parts from my shop from June - Dec 2015. So when i can physically pull the storage I will pull the molds sort cast ship.

Steve

just now.. I reached out to a couple buddies to see if they would help me dig out the molds from the storage unit. If I can get this done Michel I'll cast those parts for you. Will report here when they go out.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  46. Voodoocaster

The ROTJ AT-ST large leg set?

47. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Voodoocaster... I'll reach out to Mike and see when the set can be made and sent. Salzo runs the AT-ST parts. I will remind him of your set.

Steve

48. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

Sanjays TIE ships out the 23rd. Will post tracking here. Preparing to satisfy the final past due out kits this week. Then onward and upwards.

49. prop-fighter

prop-fighter Well-Known Member

Ok I expect from you but please try do it quickly because I expect these pieces to complete this kit for my friends ! And he getting impatient! Thank you !

50. swpropmaker

swpropmaker Sr Member

I found one of the boxes on my own today.. got several of the parts cast.. .. gonna get help tomorrow to pull the other box with the light molds and the rear engine parts... Hope to ship out Wednesday..