Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOS 2x interceptor kits shipped.

I will have another kit or 2 going out on Wed. Right now i think we are down to 4 interceptors to go, they should be cast up this week and hopefully all be in the mail.
thanks
mike

List updated:

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade new mould
3. Lazyeagle Standard TIE, Interceptor, Y wing.
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE
5. raiders (order filled)
6. Ketzer.com SS Probe droid
7. GF Interceptor, Shuttle Tyderium, TIE pilot and wing parts.(Int. shipped)
8. voodocaster upgrade ATST ROTJ larger legs, missing kit parts from ATST ROTJ.
9. uncannyx Y wing kit, in trade for excelsior/bird of prey import kits (2yrs ago)
10. Jedimaster Replacement cockpit canopy for Shuttle Tyderium
11. Apophis ATST ESB, or any other kit
12. -... . .- --.. Falcon Red3 and YWing pics on CD
13. Scott Graham (order filled)
14 Gort Various kits in trade....to be agreed
15 neojun77 TIE and Interceptor with metal armatures
16 Barry Joe (Order filled)
17 Nakedbrain TIE Standard,(TIE Interceptor now shipped)
18 Cosmic-X 2x 1/12 Warrior Bugs
19 VOS 2 kits(order filled)
20 JPolacchi (order filled)
21 Viceland TIE Interceptor, ESB ATST, Escape Pod replacement hull(int shipped)
22 Satazius TIE Interceptor, replacement Escape Pod body(int shipped)
23 Wshe (order shipped)
24 JLinNY standard TIE Wings, he will send stars back to steve when he receives the wings
25 Mbmfarland Interceptor plus Armature(shipped)
26 Darth Kukiman few finished SS models
27 incomplete .(order filled)
28 Moffeaton swap out wrong armature (TIE Hero armature needed)
29 dirtydave swap out wrong armature (TIE Hero Armature needed)

Last edited:
I'm so happy to see the past due list getting taken care of sooner rather than later. There has been some confussion about Mike's and my partnership. Mike is NOT making these kits for free. Mikes is a super swell guy by no means would I ever let him or anyone do that. It's my responsibility and mine alone. I am paying Mike for every kit he ships out from the back log. We have joined forces in effort to get caught up and then produce future releases together.

I knew it was important to get these orders out NOW and knew I could not do it alone. Well I could have ..but it would have taken 100 years..... so I think you will agree with me I'm going the correct route here. I'd rather pay to have these done rather than you guys wait any longer.

Mike and I have been doing this for a long time... TIE Standards and Heros are up next .. I'm finishing the Aliens dropship project and then I can dedicate time to round out the owed list.

Thanks for hanging in there! Mike's work is top notch and look forward to future endevors with him! Wanna thank Vader Darth for tracking down and itemizing everything so it's easier to get folks taken care of. David.. thanks man you are indeed a true friend.

I am checking my PM's regularly so if you have any questions i'll do my best to answer them ASAP.

Thanks
Steve

Agreed Scott, good to see Steve back on deck. This partnership with Mike is turning out to be one great piece of teamwork.

Lee

My Interceptor arrived. Thanks to all involved for getting these kits out. It is a beauty.

Thanks Steve....

I can tell everyone who is still waiting on stuff that Steve is working very hard to get everything done, and takes the backlog very seriously, which is one of the biggest reason why he hired me to tackle some of this stuff.....and yes as swell of a guy as i am I can't work for free.....we've talked a lot about future projects and i can tell you that he is anxious to take care of all of this stuff so that he can move on to new and exciting projects.

thanks
mike

WSHE interceptor shipped.

I have the remaining interceptors cast up, but will not get to the post office until next week, i have my hands full with my kids the next 2 days.

I am also closing in on a full batch of tie hulls to send to Steve, so if you are waiting on a standard kit be assured that progress is being made on those as well...

thanks
mike

List updated:

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing (new version not yet released)
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade new mould
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE
5. raiders (order fulfilled)
9. uncannyx New Y wing kit, in trade for excelsior/bird of prey import kits (2yrs ago)
13. Scott Graham (order now filled)
16 Barry Joe (Order now filled)
17 Nakedbrain TIE Standard (7 yr wait)
19 VOS 2 kits(order now filled)
20 JPolacchi (order now filled)
21 Viceland ESB ATST, Escape Pod replacement hull
22 Satazius replacement Escape Pod body
23 Wshe (order shipped)
24 JLinNY standard TIE Wings, he will send stars back to steve when he receives the wings
27 incomplete ESB AT-ST - missing legs detail parts.(order now filled)

Last edited:
List updated: I'm removing names but leaving numbers of those who's orders have filled to simplify my list. :)

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE
9. uncannyx Y wing in trade for excelsior/bird of prey import kits (2yrs ago)
17 Nakedbrain TIE Standard (7 yr wait)
21 Viceland ESB ATST, Escape Pod replacement hull
23 Wshe (order shipped)

Great news TIE INTERCEPTOR back log complete! YAY!! I just talked with Mike and he will be shipping out the remaining orders this week.

[...]
I've been working with several artisans here in an attempt to make new standard TIE wing pattern. Using a ANH TIE wing star found in a garage in California (guy works in industry) I am going to attempt to rebuild a skinnier solid cast wing with all the recommendations the folks here have outlined since reference pictures are more avaiable now than they were back in the day. Got some details to work out but am making progress on that.

Tim Ketzer.. sent pm requesting address.. have you a SS Probe Droid!

Thanks again everyone.... cant wait to see a blank list above!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to thow in that it's so nice to hear things are getting fixed. It just helps out the SS GK comunity. It took me about 2 years to get my first issue Y from Steve, but I was patient and he came through. We all get delays in life the frak up projects- some more than others. I wasn't on the list, but even I am giving a sigh of relief. Its amazing what can be fixed when folks work together.

Congrats to everyone!

List updated: I'm removing names but leaving numbers of those who's orders have filled to simplify my list.

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE
6. Ketzer.com SS Probe droid(pm sent 10-22-11 no response) Kit ready to ship awaiting info
7. GF Shuttle Tyderium, TIE pilot and wing parts.
9. uncannyx Y wing in trade for excelsior/bird of prey import kits (2yrs ago)
14 Gort Y wing, probe droid, snowspeeder parts.
21 Viceland Escape Pod replacement hull
23 Wshe (order shipped)
25 Mbmfarland Armature

Last edited:
Thanks Paul! PRIORITY number one... get these puppies out! Gonna knock a ton of this list out in the next week and soon I will be free and folks will be building!

Steve

I removed the folks who requested replacement armatures, as those were correct for the kit they purchased. The only reason they wouldn't work is if you altered the thickness of the wing star. If it was altered the armature would be too long.

Steve only has the 14" armatures anyway and cannot get more in a different size. He will be using only reinforced resin armatures from now on in the future TIE kits.

Just do what I did, I had already built my TIE cockpit around my armature and I used a rotozip with a cutoff wheel. Put masking tape around my armature at the length I desired, then simply cut it off and sanded the edges smooth. Right Back in business!!!! :)

Dave

Hi Dave,

I've sorted my stuff out with Steve so could you amend my entry to say
1 x Y-wing, 1 x Probe Droid, 2 sets of selected snowspeeder parts

Nice to see the list getting a bit threadbare now. Well done to Steve and Mike for hauling this around, and of course you Dave for facilitating it all. The way its going Steve you will start 2012 with a clear deck :)

Cheers
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back