Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if i will be doing the shuttle, I don't want to speak for Steve but I can say that he is utilizing a few people to catch up. Right now i am on board to do the full interceptor kits, the tie hulls/other tie parts for Steve for the standard tie, and the new release. The interceptors and the new kit will be shipping direct from me, the only exception would be metal armatures for the interceptors.

I finished up the interceptor wing mold yesterday, it needs a day or so to post cure before i can run a test cast....provided it works well and i don't need to remake it, i will be running a wing everyday starting this weekend. Since i have most of the other parts already cast up, i really hope to stick to an interceptor shipping every few days starting soon. I can also get started on the mold making for the new release.
thanks
mike

Great!!!

So I guess you have a name list to whom to ship the Tie interceptors? I hope my name is on there.

GFollano

I don't have the list yet, but i should have it by the middle of the week.....

I gave the resin i mentioned above a shot yesterday and it did not work really well...for a few reasons, even though it's the slow version it started to get hot and thicken up too quickly to pour the entire wing in time. but more than that, while it was very rigid, it was also very brittle......i foresaw many broken in transit..

Good news is i have a back up plan, I am going to use my regular slow set resin with alluminum filler, it will make it more rigid while maintaining some flexibility. Also good news is that i may be able to run 2 wings per day....maybe.

I hope to be shipping the first couple of kits late next week...hopefully the pace will pick up as i work out the bugs and get in a groove.
thanks
mike

Got the ok from Steve to update on the Y wing.....yes i am doing it, I've been molding it every extra moment that i have. It's a fantastic wonderfully engineered pattern, everyone involved did a terrific job on it, it looks like it was a Herculean effort to make the pattern and i only hope that i can do it justice in the molding and casting department. I will update in the Y thread as soon as i have something substantial to show. Right now i would expect with a little luck that those will be running in early Nov., as there are so many small parts it will take me another 3 weeks just to finish the molds.
thanks
mike

Oh thank god. That's wonderful news.

Next question: will you be at liberty to make TIEs for new customers at some point? :D

Oh thank god. That's wonderful news.

Next question: will you be at liberty to make TIEs for new customers at some point? :D

Martyn,

sorry man, but totally inappropriate question in the context of this thread. :behave

The same goes for similar requests by others, so please everyone keep this thread focused on resolving this.

It´s already enough of a problem to see new members chime in with what they are owed months after the thread was started.

The way Mike´s laid out the items that have already been produced in that picture is mouth watering, and an example of how things should be done, i.e. applying the old "don´t sell what you don´t have!" rule. I hope we see more of that manner in future sales threads.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Yeah, no argument. A brain fart on my part, sorry!! My enthusiasm running away with me there.

Quick update, interceptor wing molds are running and so far...so good....knock on wood. I will post a pic later, but the short story is that it's done in a standard slow set resin with a filler that makes it more rigid, but still slightly flexible so if you knock into it the wing does not shatter....like the super rigid stuff did. I do hope to get a kit or two out this week...but it may be Monday, only because i may not have time to tie up the loose ends until the weekend...like small parts/pilots etc.

I will also update the appropriate threads with other info on the other kits.
thanks
mike

Mike, here is the list forwarded. It has the interceptor folks on it. :)

Dave

1. 79 Daytona Y Wing (new version not yet released)
2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade new mould
3. Lazyeagle Standard TIE, Interceptor, Y wing.
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE and Interceptor
5. raiders Shuttle Tyderium, TIE Standard armature, Interceptor with armature.
6. Ketzer.com SS Probe droid
7. GF Interceptor, Shuttle Tyderium, TIE pilot and wing parts.
8. voodocaster upgrade ATST ROTJ larger legs, missing kit parts from ATST ROTJ.
9. uncannyx New Y wing kit, in trade for excelsior/bird of prey import kits (2yrs ago)
10. Jedimaster Replacement cockpit canopy for Shuttle Tyderium
11. Apophis ATST ESB, or any other kit
12. -... . .- --.. Falcon Red3 and YWing pics on CD
13. Scott Graham (order now filled)
14 Gort Various kits in trade....to be agreed
15 neojun77 TIE and Interceptor with metal armatures
16 Barry Joe (Order now filled)
17 Nakedbrain TIE Standard, TIE Interceptor (7 yr wait)
18 Cosmic-X 2x 1/12 Warrior Bugs
19 VOS 2 kits
20 JPolacchi (order now filled)
21 Viceland TIE Interceptor, ESB ATST, Escape Pod replacement hull
22 Satazius TIE Interceptor, replacement Escape Pod body
23 Wshe TIE Interceptor with armature
24 JLinNY standard TIE Wings, he will send stars back to steve when he receives the wings
25 Mbmfarland Interceptor plus Armature
26 Darth Kukiman few finished SS models
27 incomplete ESB AT-ST - missing legs detail parts.(order now filled)
28 Moffeaton swap out wrong armature (TIE Hero armature needed)
29 dirtydave swap out wrong armature (TIE Hero Armature needed)

Okay TIE INTERCEPTOR people!!! Since time has passed and people keep changing addys...... I need for you to forward your current:

1. Street Name
2. Street Address (shipping)
3. RPF Screen Name

To mslz22 via PM. Interceptors are gonna start shipping once he gets this information. I know there is a priority list, but I'm treating this like first come first served so he can get these things out of his house and make more. Everybody understand???? If you snooze, you lose until you can get current info to us!

Dave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back