New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

See, I like the lever on the Tomen better. The gloss black on the Takagi makes it blend into the rest of the gun too much.

I have a question for anyone who received either kit or assembled model. Do your grips seem cloudy? On my assembled model the right side grip seems cloudy while the left side is more translucent but still not as clear as the last kit version.

I have a question for anyone who received either kit or assembled model. Do your grips seem cloudy? On my assembled model the right side grip seems cloudy while the left side is more translucent but still not as clear as the last kit version.

You need to polish the grips to get them translucent, a polish called Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish was recommended to me and it brings them up great.

Watch out with that Manmelter...It looks lethal. I don't understand how you can allow this anxiousness to occur with just a movie prop. How come you don't know what the import procedure is with these guns? You should ask the Police and Customs, and they should inform you of the laws and procedures etc. Hence you should not be in such a tormentful situation. I am sure those Customs people and police there speak your lingo...:popcorn

Last thing I'm gonna do is draw attention to it. I know what the import procedure is, I'm not allowed to have it, simple as that. I managed to get a pro-kit through from Japan, so I know it is possible. I figure my only chance is to hope it slips in under the radar. The fact that I'm buying from Japan gives me some hope, as their gun laws are even stricter than ours. Torment is the right word, but you see, I have no choice. This Replica is very, very special to me.

Thought it worthwhile to do the two Blasters in the one pic, Tomenosuke on left, Takagi on right:

View attachment 384662View attachment 384663View attachment 384664View attachment 384665

I like playing with the Takagi more, love the finish on the lever and casings and the smoother cycling on the cylinder. Tomenosuke goes in Brandomacks case, Takagi gets played with...:cool

Incredibly revealing photos. So similar, yet completely different. Look at the fit on the Tome receiver, that's incredible. The tome receiver front end cap is much better, which your Excellent front on photos have revealed. If I flash from left to right, I prefer the Takagi, if I focus, I prefer the Tome. If I had to choose one as an ornament then it would be the Tome, but the Takagi fires, and that's huge. Which feels best in the hand?.

Tomenosuke has more heft, Takagi feels 'tighter' wrt to being put together. It's hard to say.

Tomenosuke feels more real but as a piece to play around with I'll take the Takagi.

Next step is putting caps in it and letting it rip!

I know people are still waiting for their kits and have not heard of anyone doing a steel barrel run yet.

If there is enough interest I will ask Dave at DEC if he wants to do them.

Maybe someone who is better at this can start an interest thread?

I currently own an upgraded offworld inc, the new assembled Tomenosuke blaster and last years Tomenosuke kit model. I sold a coyle awhile back.

Of the several versions Ive owned Id have to say the new assembled model is probably my favorite. I made my kit version to resemble deckards blaster but tweaked it to make it my own and not an exact copy. The new assembled version is very clean like a new firearm. I love the clean lines and details. A lot of people (understandably) seem to have an issue with the flat black Steyr receiver. I considered it to be an "as issued" version so I don't mind it. You can even scuff it up or add a little wear an tear if you wanted.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back