New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Out of 2 from ST.com 1 is perfect , the 2nd has a very tight emitter , I just figured I'd put a drop of silicone lube and see how that works. will post results later tonight or tomorrow :p

Sorry for the long wait for my results on the nozzle, I put a drop of pure silicone lube in the nozzle and it helped allot to loosen the emitter but still not as good as a fully functioning non screwed up emitter . :facepalm

Hey Guys, got a new hdtv finally , but it uses rf instead of ir so I can't use it for my tv but it will work in my stereo and blu ray player :facepalm

Anybody done any new mods on these lately?

I haven't done anything yet, but I am seriously thinking about painting the body for a start. I love the phaser, but something has been bugging me whenever I look at it. I think it's because to me it looks to plasticky, hahaha if that's a word.

...better than woodticky��

Dont fear, the phaser body is almost certainly made from duranium so that's the way it is supposed to look.

according to wand, the body's are p​ainted and clear coated the exact color (as close as possible) of the actual Jein prop...
anything else we think we see on screen is from lighting and bad TV reception

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm almost finished with my black and white!

12107151_553749838105808_6978266406404240883_n.jpg12003977_553749911439134_2618291266623212822_n.jpg12036847_553749951439130_382898419295508977_n.jpg12119015_553749878105804_7933303100688606721_n.jpg

More Pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=553750041439121&id=426236624190464

For those that have buffed up the aluminium: how does it hold up? Does it start to tarnish while on display?

Reason I asked is I removed the paint on a non related pistol and while it looked great initially, the air seemed to cause it to tarnish and it ended up having to be polished regularly like silver!

For those that have buffed up the aluminium: how does it hold up? Does it start to tarnish while on display?

Reason I asked is I removed the paint on a non related pistol and while it looked great initially, the air seemed to cause it to tarnish and it ended up having to be polished regularly like silver!

K701 the aluminum parts hold up well once polished and as long as they are in a good environment. Most of the Wand phaser parts are not aluminum so if you remove the coatings they will tarnish. I was thinking of changing some of the parts on my Wand phaser with real aluminum parts. Like you I don't really like the flat painted look on the metal parts.

If you (or anyone) does replace the metal parts, please do share methods- especially of disassembly.

I have read through this entire thread and I'm sure someone had photos of one taken apart, but I can't seem to find it again. I don't know if it was a destructive process or if it can be clipped back together?

The parts I polished on my phaser still look great. I polished the nozzle barrel, dilythium crystal clip, the bands along the side of the P1 and the fins in the back of the P2. I think I posted how somewhere way back in this thread. The only part I had a problem with was the thin metal clip in top of the P2 in front of the P1. It's got some sort of paint finish that just scarred up and didn't take a polish.

I did all the polishing on the assembled phaser, masking off the areas around the parts to protect them. I seem to recall someone popped open the phaser bodies and discovered they were sonically welded together. So you won't be able to just snap them back together. Splitting the case might also trash the electronics.

Last edited:
If yours is the one I remember, a tip of the hat to you, sir- fantastic work.

Sonically welded! I didn't know such a thing exists.

If yours is the one I remember, a tip of the hat to you, sir- fantastic work.

Sonically welded! I didn't know such a thing exists.

You need a sonic screwdriver to undo the welds.:lol

Sonic welding has been around for awhile, it uses a high frequency sound to weld 2 pieces of plastic together. It actually makes them into one piece and the weld is as strong, if not stronger, than the surrounding plastic.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back