New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

The second one I order will be beheaded. trying to figure the best way to do this..

Note to mods. the picture can stay. sorry I bothered you guys..

Cross-section-of-Phaser-3000px.jpg

Last edited:
Well I about got worried using that picture. but I communicated with Richard of the wand company and he said it's alright. but I should have done that before I posted the pic. found It at the TPZ..

Just got my first one delivered by TG. The finish is unflawed, the packing was just fine, the movement and buttons work flawlessly. Still charging for now.

That's AMAZING!!! The trigger is incredibly clever, and I like the way they did the rising sight mechanism -- same principle as the prop, but simpler and obviously more reliable.

The sight mechanism is smart and simple. My concern is the tab in the acrylic that the push rod pins into sheering off over time and use. I think I'm going to limit the opening and closing of this. I still can't figure out from the diagram how the main emitter moves in and out.

It would be great to see more cut-aways!

My Wand Co Phaser:
wand06.jpgwand01.jpgwand02.jpgwand03.jpgwand04.jpgwand05.jpg

All my TOS Phasers (left to right: Playmates, Art Asylum, Wand Co)
all4.jpgall3.jpgall2.jpgall6.jpgall5.jpg

BTW: The display stand is not the only part with a magnet, my Wand Co Phaser sticks to the radiator as well, so there's a magnet in the handle.

Well I about got worried using that picture. but I communicated with Richard of the wand company and he said it's alright. but I should have done that before I posted the pic. found It at the TPZ..

Thanks for posting it, Sean, it's a great pic, and cool to see the inner workings.

Just got an email this morning from ThinkGeek, saying my phaser and shot glass were finally shipping. :thumbsup It hasn't said when it will arrive yet though, it just hit UPS. Speaking of shipping, I'm a little irritated with Newgistics, the shipping company used by the Trek store to send my damaged one back for replacement because their tracking doesn't show jack since I mailed it on the 2nd.

Your welcome Betamin. I wouldn't worry about the tracking to much. If it's the procedure the company wanted then It's out of your hand's. probably be just fine.

And as far as the cutaway. hell I still can't tell how the emitter Is attached to the body. and I think we need a cutaway of the other side to see the workings of the nozzle..

I'm betting the outer emitter moves in and out as follows - In the cut away of the nozzle there are 4 arcs above and below the emitter. I believe these arcs to be the profile of coarse threads. I bet there is a plastic nub which protrudes off the emitter into these threads. When the nozzle it turned the nub moves forward and back in the threads moving the connected emitter in and out. If this is true then for those with an emitter which no longer moves in and out, I'm betting this nub has been broken off.

In the illustration if the nub(s) are oriented vertically then they won't show up in the cut away, If oriented horizontally the same is true. If horizontal, you have to imaging a nub protruding back into the illustration. A front facing horizontal nub would also not be visible.

Greg

Your welcome Betamin. I wouldn't worry about the tracking to much. If it's the procedure the company wanted then It's out of your hand's. probably be just fine.

And as far as the cutaway. hell I still can't tell how the emitter Is attached to the body. and I think we need a cutaway of the other side to see the workings of the nozzle..

Yeah, it's probably ok. I'll most like;y get a ton of updated of info on it after it's already in their hands. :p

Looking at the image, it IS hard to see anything that actually "moves" the emitter. Maybe there is an unseen slot on the side of the tube that the emitter is inside that lets a worm gear or something press against it, rolling it and moving it as you turn the outer ring. Maybe the emitter has a fine threading that isn't shown to make it move, and being fine, going too far either way can strip it, making the emitter no longer work like some have said has happened to theirs. I don't know, I'm making this up as I go. :lol

Edited to add: Yeah, what Greg just said!

I was thinking the same. could also be just one nub. on one side or the other protruding from a slit In that sleeve..

I got an email from startrek.com: free shipping for 2 days only (Saturday and Sunday) with code "FREESHIP" at checkout.

Going to stick one of these jewels on my next phaser. I like the ratcheting action and they look awesome. the nozzle foreword and back action want work but that's alright with me..

IMG_0737.JPG

So now I'm thinking that the front of the nozzle press fits and snaps onto the front of the Phaser2. I'm also assuming that the metal grill on the back press fits on as well. Once removed I'm thinking the two halves should come apart. I'm not willing to try too hard to open it up just yet. Maybe someone else is brave?

Greg

So now I'm thinking that the front of the nozzle press fits and snaps onto the front of the Phaser2. I'm also assuming that the metal grill on the back press fits on as well. Once removed I'm thinking the two halves should come apart. I'm not willing to try too hard to open it up just yet. Maybe someone else is brave?

Greg

Could you explain this press fit In la mins terms please..

Sure, look closely at the cross section of the emitter. About 1-2mm in from adjustment ring or about 5mm in from the metal front of the emitter you can see where the gray plastic seems to lock into the metal nozzle as though the nozzle is pressed into place.
Nozzle.png
Greg

What I don't know is if the front ring of the nozzle is a separate locking ring, pressed into place or if it's attached to and part of the nozzle. If its more of a retaining ring then once its pried off the adjustment ring may twist off and over the plastic tab. By the looks of it the back of the nozzle may have to snap over the plastic tab to complete the removal.

Keep in mind this is purely speculation on my part. I really have no idea and don't want to encourage anyone to inadvertently damage their Phaser in the attempt.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back