New Spinner Kit?

Comet Miniatures has a listing under their Blade Runner kits for a 24" Spinner. Does anyone have any other info on it or on Studio 2? How accurate is their stuff?

Police Spinner
(Studio 2) 1:8. 24” long. Mixed media.
Coming mid 2006.
Requires construction and painting.

Thanks.
Dan

Originally posted by 1138@Jan 16 2006, 01:45 AM
Comet Miniatures has a listing under their Blade Runner kits for a 24" Spinner. Does anyone have any other info on it or on Studio 2?  How accurate is their stuff?
[snapback]1159773[/snapback]​

I don't know anything in particular about Studio 2. But I can tell you that their 1:8 Police Spinner has been listed on the Comet site as "coming" for about two years now.

Yes- the biggest one that ever got out commercially was the hollow cast 18" one from Anubis and Monsters in Motion

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Jan 16 2006, 11:12 AM
Yes- the biggest one that ever got out commercially wah the hollow cast 18' one from Anubis and Monsters in Motion
[snapback]1160065[/snapback]​
Right. It's a soft sculpt, no decals were included, and the only clear part was the canopy. But the kit is still impressive because of its sheer size.

Does anyone have any other info on it or on Studio 2? How accurate is their stuff?

I found some text and images on the Federation Models site about a 1/48 Firefox kit made by Studio 2:

Federation Models: "Comet Connection" Studio 2 1/48 Firefox

Scroll down the page about halfway and you'll see the kit. It's not the Spinner, but may give you an idea of what you can expect from Studio 2 with regard to the quality of its kits and box art.

I have the Studio2 Firefox and I would say its an average resin kit,lots of work to make it a gem.I'm waiting for the "Firefox" in 1/32 scale thats in the works,and I would not put too much in the spinner unless we see real good pictures of it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Guess I wont be holding my breath for the Spinner :unsure

Thanks for the links and info...
Dan

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back