New Spinner Kit?

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by 1138, Jan 15, 2006.

1. 1138

1138 Well-Known Member

Comet Miniatures has a listing under their Blade Runner kits for a 24" Spinner. Does anyone have any other info on it or on Studio 2? How accurate is their stuff?

Police Spinner
    (Studio 2) 1:8. 24” long. Mixed media.
    Coming mid 2006.
    Requires construction and painting.

Thanks.
    Dan

2. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I don't know anything in particular about Studio 2. But I can tell you that their 1:8 Police Spinner has been listed on the Comet site as "coming" for about two years now.

3. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes- the biggest one that ever got out commercially was the hollow cast 18" one from Anubis and Monsters in Motion

4. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Right. It's a soft sculpt, no decals were included, and the only clear part was the canopy. But the kit is still impressive because of its sheer size.

I found some text and images on the Federation Models site about a 1/48 Firefox kit made by Studio 2:

Federation Models: "Comet Connection" Studio 2 1/48 Firefox

Scroll down the page about halfway and you'll see the kit. It's not the Spinner, but may give you an idea of what you can expect from Studio 2 with regard to the quality of its kits and box art.

5. falcondesigns

falcondesigns Well-Known Member

I have the Studio2 Firefox and I would say its an average resin kit,lots of work to make it a gem.I'm waiting for the "Firefox" in 1/32 scale thats in the works,and I would not put too much in the spinner unless we see real good pictures of it.

6. 1138

1138 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Guess I wont be holding my breath for the Spinner :unsure

Thanks for the links and info...
    Dan