New MG-34 in town! (Denix)

The first one is a michell part that appears all over star wars and you're right, thats the rear half of the V8 pulley! are there props out there that have survived?

I've always assumed that the blasters built on MG34s and Lewis Guns from the first movie got returned to their normal condition when they were returned to Bapty, which was after all in the business of renting prop guns to filmmakers. Sterlings would have been fairly common and relatively inexpensive, so the E-11s might not have been unconverted. But by 1976, MG34s are over 40 years old and would have been fairly valuable in their own right! I figured that's why those guns are so minimally disguised - to make it easy to restore them after.

I've always assumed that the blasters built on MG34s and Lewis Guns from the first movie got returned to their normal condition when they were returned to Bapty, which was after all in the business of renting prop guns to filmmakers. Sterlings would have been fairly common and relatively inexpensive, so the E-11s might not have been unconverted. But by 1976, MG34s are over 40 years old and would have been fairly valuable in their own right! I figured that's why those guns are so minimally disguised - to make it easy to restore them after.
Indeed. Sterlings were much more easily obtained by Bapty, being still in use, and they had quite a few in stock. Just look at Zardoz, they had quite many there too. The MG34 and MG42 German weapons on the other hand were rarer, had the historical background and were heavier.

Reply from Denix regarding the Sterling info and pics I sent, let's hope they make the pieces as accurate as possible:

denix-reply.jpg

On the UK site:

"Due to the offensive weapons act we are only legally permitted to sell replicas dated up to and including the year 1869 to members of the general public. Anything dated after this can only be sold to those able to evidence that their purchase is on behalf of a film or theatre company. If eligible, please make an enquiry using the button provided."

Darn it.

Added direct link to the MG-34 page on Replica Weaponry to post #1 in this thread.
Currently unavailable to order but you can at least gather more info.

The stocks are a assortment of wood and Bakelite.

They also appear to not have any T track accept perhaps the one on the right.

I am going to modify the rear sight. Its one thing that's bothering me. It should sit flat against the barrel and it doesn't. There's also a couple notches under the sight they didn't include in their version.
20220117_064837.jpg

Great work as always Ryan.

Can you explain how you did the wire around the grips?

I assume it's not just bailing wire twisted at the bottom (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back