Hi all

I’m just a tinkerer. I do a bit of wood working. I’ve sewed a very small bit. Wife is into cosplay so we’ve done light costume work.

Really I love coming here and seeing everyone’s passion and creativity. I love seeing things made and it inspires me to do more

Hello everyone,

I found this site a few years ago and it's really interesting reading through various build threads and seeing the different ways people make stuff. Recently I decided to try to tackle my first build and hopefully put some of what I've seen on here to use, and maybe ask a couple of questions too if that's alright.

Hello everyone! I am belgian and new here!

I started crafting during the quarantine and i am making multiples projects. For now, i make jurassic park props, indiana jones props and stuck to the jumanji board game (and help to find a cover mold would be really appreciated!)

Nice to meet you all! ;)

Hi everyone

I have just finished my first prop and ran out of excuses for not joining here. This was my first foray into making props and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. Mostly 3d printed but used some new skills - mill & lathe to make some parts metal.
Hoping to continue to learn and have more fun here.

Thanks

20200916_132518.jpg20200916_132444.jpg

Hey, I am new here. I'm mostly looking into modeling building and painting, but probably will get into props later on. I really want to build and craft something myself. It seems so gratifying. Anyways here is my first model and paint job. Cheers!
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200916194949766_COVER.jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200916195021507_COVER.jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200916195126034_COVER.jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200916195211850_COVER.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm new here! I'm an amateur machinist / woodworker / mechanic, I've been doing prop replicas and costumes with my kids for a while now but only recently came across this community. It looks like a great group; I look forward to the discussions and I'm happy to be here.

-CB

Not necessarily new..... I joined in October 2000....lol But I haven’t been active a lot in the last 10 years, so...... “Hey!”lol

Hi there

My name is DJ and I'm a maker of several trades, but mostly I focus on digital fabrication (i.e. CAD->CAM for CNC lasers, routers, and 3D printers). I dipped my toes into prop making a few years ago building some random gadgets and weapons from Overwatch.

Lately, I've turned most of my attention into learning more about animatronics. I'm more proud of my CL4P-TP and Rosie the Robot builds.

Next up is GLaDOS from Portal 2 though!

Hello All,

I'm new! I've been visiting the site for years but have never taken part. This year I have been rekindling my love for building and making, including replica props and models. Here's a model of the 'Wallace and Gromit, A Grand Day Out' Rocket I made at the very start of lockdown.

Look forward to getting stuck in.

Cheers, J

IMG_4063.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 74
Hello! I'm Carl from CCSabers. Based in Baltimore, MD. My friend told me about this Forum some time ago. I came here and found the project run section and......wallet crying haha. Now I am also doing my first hilt project, it's a TCW S7 Ahsoka Tano Inspired Lightsaber. Hope people will like it!
55.jpg

Best wishes
Carl Chen

Hey! Been a long time lurker over the years but finally made an account.

Been a maker for a long time but nothing really noteworthy in the prop and costume department. Hopefully I can change that soon though!
The talent and things y’all make and share on here are a huge inspiration!

Can’t wait to finally jump in

Hello!

Been visiting for a long time but finally decided to join in. Thank you to all the people posting builds and information here, it's been incredibly inspiring and helpful!

I recently finished a mostly scratch built Luke ANH. It's pretty goofy but I'm happy with how it came out and really enjoyed the process! Purchased the clamp, t-track and d-ring but made the rest.

luke anh.jpg

Hello!

I finally decided to join the fun! Making props is something I have done since I was a wee lad, with varying degrees of success and accuracy...

I came to the conclusion that I wanted to use the RPF as the fantastic resource that it is, in so doing I am also hoping that I can give something back to such an awesome community!

I doubt if you would call it lucky but the initials of full name is FRAK, if you like Battelstar Galatica it is a phrase you will be familiar with!

Other things to know about me is that I am Swedish. So I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors and resulting weirdness due to misunderstandings.

Best wishes

Or as we say in Sweden

Tack och hej leverpastej!

/Frak

Hi there, don't have anything to post unless you want to see average miniature painting work. Joined because I may be doing prop work in the future, once I find the right thing.

Hello! We're from B.C., and started decorating our front yard for Halloween with a Harry Potter theme. We are working through the books. Last year we were open for three nights, and had about 400 people each night. We raised a few hundred dollars and about 2100 items for our local food bank. We like creating the larger props. This is the life sized pensieve we created. One of our group paints, and replicated the mermaid window.
Penseive.JPG

Attachments

• Mermaid.JPG
    Mermaid.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
  • Dragon Eggs.JPG
    Dragon Eggs.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Hi, Tom from N.C. USA. Just found this form and I’m interested in vintage/Prop/Reproduction Warrant Cards.
I’m hoping to learn from those on the sight that have way more experience in the area.
Been watching Ripper Street and seeking a reproduction of the H-Division Warrant Card, If you know where I can find one please let me know.
Thank you.

Hi all. Andy from AZ, USA. Just recommended I join forum, by a long time trusted member. I have dabbled in props and carvings for years (Tiki-my first Styrofoam carving -circa 2002) This year, my kid needed a prop Mandolorian rifle. So II jumped back in to dabbling and this what I Crafted from scrap around my garage. I hope to learn better techniques here and be inspired.

Attachments

• Tiki 30th Birthday.jpg
    Tiki 30th Birthday.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Mandolorian Pseudo Rifle.jpeg
    Mandolorian Pseudo Rifle.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 94
Hi everyone,

I have been interested in movie props since I was a kid and found this forum last year and ultimately became addicted, its an amazing community and hope to start showcasing my creations with you all soon.

Hello all,

I am a industrial designer, mostly on furniture, and lately thanks to Adam Savage I retook my interest in weapon props starting, of course, with Blade Runner. I do a bit of woodworking, model making, painting, CAD and some day soon 3D printing. Glad to be in this fascinating forum!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back