Hello all. I'm R and I was pulled into the costuming world by some friends after we all went to SDCC four years ago (which has become an annual trip for us ever since). I'm a fan of Star Wars and Star Trek, of Marvel and DC, of classic and rebooted Galactica, lots of the Doctors Who... I guess you could say my tastes are diverse. I've stumbled across threads in this site a number of times while researching for my own costume projects as they've become more ambitious over time and am constantly impressed by the skill and knowledge of the members here. I hope to learn more and improve my own costume and prop skills through this community.

Hello,
I am a new member from Ajax, Ontario. I am a member of the 501st Canadian Garrison, and have been trooping with them for about 1 1/2 years. My first major prop I made for our set was Jabba's Hookah, which debuted at Fan Expo last week, pix attached. I also help with setup and teardown of our set, so kind of in the construction engineering realm.. I am now working on a new costume, so was putting out inquires about Bith masks (from Woodman) and Bith instruments. I hope to also help build some other set pieces in the future, and will probably ask for advice on the forums.

Thanks for reading!

Jim

IMG_2953.JPG

Hello, my name is Jack! Im currently 23 and I am a fine art sculpture major. I love making things whether it's from a movie, from my own design, or a little of both! I've known about the rpf for a long time but I think I could use others knowledge to help me in my own endeavors so here I am to ask questions and learn.

Hi all, been a member for a while, but haven’t had much to say. My teenage son and I have built a few costumes, but just tried our first real cosplay.

the knowledge here has helped us out so much. Thanks for everything.

Just another noob bitten by the lightsaber bug on a quest to build 2 of my holy grail lightsabers hoping to gain more info for my research to obtain my end goal

Hi, My name is Bjorn from Sydney Australia. I am interested in many aspects related to modelling, films, prop building and design.

I have researched several amazing topics here in the past, and have been inspired by the talented folk and resources found here. I hope to contribute like others and have fun.

Many thanks for hosting,

Hello All, my name is Charles. Newby cosplayer and looking to dive right into learning about prop and costume making.

My first project I'm getting started with is a wearable armor set. I'm a big Gundam fan and I'm looking to build Wing Zero from the gundam wing tv series.

I look forward to learning with you all

Hello, Greg here. I've been doing sketch commission and stickers of the fandom I follow (mostly DC).
I really want to improve my craft and try doing sculptures/figurines and costume.
Glad I found this community!

Good Evening everyone,
Star Wars is my thing. Not to into the Comic Con stuff but I’ve got a good collection of collectibles and what nots. And about a month ago I thought to myself “I wonder if anyone has made a replica DL44 blaster.”. So I googled and was amazed on how much I’ve found and I’m trying to dive in head first. Kinda hard living without a tool bench but I’m goin slow. So far I’ve gotten a ton of helpful information from those on this site. Thanks to everyone and good luck!!

Sean Huxter here.

Long-time creator/maker/tinkerer.

I generally don't make established props, but I do buy them and collect them on occasion, depending on the item.

Mostly I make toys, and sell them on ETSY, Shapeways and through the catalog collecting company "Cotswold Collectibles", where I sell 3D printed (FDM) toys and gadgets designed for 1:6 scale "GI Joe" figures, often themed around Adventure Team items that never existed but should have.

I work with Cotswold to come up with, design and execute (from modeling, printing, cleanup, assembly) fully functional (I will boast: clever) toys for GI Joe that, despite the limitations of 3D printing in layered ABS, are still rugged and functional, and look great.

I hope to become more involved here, as I create more prop items myself that I think are worthy quality.

For work I have been a Technical Artist at a computer game company for 22 years and counting. I believe that to be a world record of some kind, working that long at the same company making computer games. I shipped four MMOs, one Arena game (which sadly got cancelled not long after ship) and now a phone app game based on a major TV franchise, which is actually doing rather well.

My particular interests (at the moment, because they change) are:

1:6 scale Adventure Team-themed action figures and accessories
Space: 1999 Eagle (Dinky) toys, (I make pods for the 1974 Dinky Eagle toy)
Thunderbirds (the 1960s puppet show, as well as the new CGI remake)
Sci Fi Movies (Blade Runner, Aliens, etc.)

I am also a writer, a cartoonist, an artist, and general renaissance man. I have two self-published novels available on Amazon (either trade paperback novel form or Kindle.) One is a young adult fantasy novel, the other a rather hard-core noir detective novel (a series of short cases that form a story arc) surrounding a homeless man in Boston who gets involved in solving crime his own way.

Glad to be here.

Sean.

Hi,

My names Fernando, have heard of this from Adam Savage on his podcasts and videos on tested.com. I have just dipped my toes in making props and am completing my 2 fully finished prop now. I knew ever since I learned of the first 3d printer that eventually I would get into making props and collectibles with a 3d printer, and that was over 10 years ago. Shortly after I started learning 3d modeling, and I hope the experience I have learned can be of use here.
I can never think of what to model so that I can practice so I hope this will be a win-win. You provide the idea, i gain experience by providing the 3d model.

Hey, I'm Thomas and I'm a big fan of prop replicas, modelling and such. I love sci-fi (especially Star Trek) and hope to get better at making models from scratch (I'm used to just building model kits).

I'm also a small fry in the local film industry here in New Zealand, though it's quite a struggle so I'm leaning more into my hobbies lately. I'm looking to set up my own company soon too, so that will be a new adventure itself.

I've been reading through threads on the RPF for a while now but finally decided to sign up. Hopefully my inexperience and inevitable questions aren't too troublesome for everyone.

This is great! I'm in need of an R2D2 for a party January 2019 in San Francisco as well as Darth Vader, some Storm Troopers and Marvel Comics characters. Is there anyone who can help me out on this?

Jeff Nus

Hello Everyone!

My name is Nate and I am starting to get a little more into cosplay and costume builds. I've always made my halloween costumes but wanna grow a bit and get into bigger projects. That is what I plan to do!

I look foward to seeing the projects of others and learning new techniques, seeing some awesome builds, and posting my own for others to do the same.

Hello! I'm Aimee. I used to build props for myself and friends when we were cosplayers in high school - now I'm getting back into it as an adult! Hope to learn a lot from all of you, and to be inspired!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back