HELLO!!! I am a huge crafting fan and love to do any type of crafting my mind is set on. As it is August I am working on Halloween props already which this years theme is Harry Potter. I have three boys ages 13, 10, and 6 and the 10 & 6 year olds will be participating with me for the first time. One will be Harry and the youngest will be Draco. I was looking for book covers and ran across this site.....I am seriously starting to wonder what rock I've been living under all this time!! :facepalm Anywho, off to delve into the site and see what other awesomeness I can find. :) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I'm Persephone (/Sephy); I'm trans, a huge book/scifi nerd, blacksmith, and do silicone/resin casting. I love the ingenuity and diversity of crafting backgrounds y'all bring to the build threads <3

Hi there! I am Jeremy, video editor and 3d modeler from Berlin, Germany. For the most part I only make explainer animations like these https://topexplainers.com/explainer-animation/ and some requests on creating models for my friends that are into cosplay. I am a great fan of Warcraft universe and tend to make most of my works based on it :) Sometimes I also visit comic and gaming conventions but it happens not so often. Would be glad to be a part of the community!

Hi. New to the forum and saying 'hello'. Amazing to see such incredible skills being shared on here; I look forward to learning and trying my hand too.

Hello everyone,
Movie/Game nerd here. Mostly working with small-scale models, but I came here due to my love for Sci Fi props. Specifically, Blade Runner blasters and others.
Currently working in Japan, saving up my duckets potentially for a Masters Degree and some nice toys (Like a glowforge laser cutter) when I return to Canada.
My current project is making a prop head of "Camera Otoko" (He's a Japanese anti-piracy character) for halloween.

Glad to join the community!

Heyo.
My name is Will. I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I have never made any props. and have never cosplayed :( Which is why I'm here.
to get inspired. to gain and share knowledge. and to have a good time.

As of today (31/08/2018) I have started the ambitious project of making Sinon's Bow and Sniper, from the anime series 'Sword Art Online'. this was the first anime I watched properly. the character that stood out for me is obviously Sinon. So I decided, "why not use my current skills to create a digital 3D model of the Bow and Sniper." so I've spent time to make a little progress. and AHHH. but its fun.

someday I'd like to cosplay. if I were to cosplay then I'd want to do Sinon. HHMMM. :/

My current experience in the world is... Music production. Electronics and Programming. Carpentry/Joinery. 3D Modelling and 3D Printing. Professional Welding. Live Production (Lighting,Audio,Video,Management, etc).

Feel free to ask questions either as a private message or a comment.
also PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE AAAHHHHHH.

Cheers from Down Under: Will :)

Sinon Bow 3.jpegSinon Bow 6.jpegSinon Sniper 3.jpegSinon Bow 2.pngSinon Sniper 1.jpegSinon Sniper 5.png
(how would a male achieve cosplaying a female?)

Final taken the plunge and became a member. Been making props for along time for myself and friends and often ended up on random RPF pages on my google stumbles. Happy to have joined now trying to produce better quality and more detailed props as I've now got none friends asking for pieces, cheers for the resources and look forward to the plethora of knowledge

Greetings and salutations everyone!!! I go by "Goldfish" ; it has been my road name for the past 24 years... I have dabbled in the Hollywood world for a number of years in the FX field doing makeup, props, and pyrotechnics. I look forward to making new friends here and building some righteous new toys ;)

Hi everyone!!! I'm new here, but have been watching for some time... I'm from São Paulo, Brazil, and I have just started making props and replicas for myself and for a Youtube Channel that I'm starting. Before that I was just making scratch-build but with my own designs... Got a lot to learn with all of you! I'm glad to join the community, cheers!!

Hello folks, and a big thanks to the board for allowing me in. As Groucho Marx allegedly said, "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member", but here I am. I'm not really a big 'cosplay read-all-the-books nitpick-every-continuity-error know-the-actors-shoe-size' type, just a 65 year-old kid with a 90 year-old body. Right now I'm really enjoying The Orville, loved it from episode 1. As many others have noted, it's doing Trek better than Trek, with some very thought-provoking issues and social commentary.

Star Trek Discovery is growing on me, great characters and an interesting premise, but I'm not a fan of dystopian themes, they're too easy and dominate science fiction. I hope that the stuff we've seen so far is merely a sidebar to the ST universe, not a new direction for the whole thing.

Hello
My name is Ark my nickname is Darth Worm. I've been on the forum since 2015. I am from Poland and I am 43 years old. I am a fan of Star Wars for the greater part of my life. Here on the forum I found a lot of curiosities and inspiration for creating costumes and props.
Gretings for all fan [emoji3]

Hello,

My name is Jamie, and I've been slowly working on a Marty McFly costume. Ever since AICon in April, which is literally the only convention that Hobart has, all year. It's been slowly evolving and upgrading in accuracy, especially since I started doing some real in-depth research lately, which lead me here.

Hello,

I have always been a fan of sci-fi movies and props. I love building from scratch and getting the satisfaction of making a prop that is very close to the original. I design in solidworks and have my own 3d printer.

Favorite shows are Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars.

I've really gotten into 3d printing and finishing prop guns lately. Guns completed to date: Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, Blade runner Luv's gun (custom designed myself), BSG Colonial Balster (recently redesigned myself for adding electronics), Buck Rogers blaster, Wilma's blaster (in the works) and the small buck rogers blaster (in the works).

Also working on The Buck Roger's Starfighter Helmet now.

hey, my name is jacco, dutch guy and I landed here through a search for jax teller's soa knive, i do own a timetraveller crusader costume for festivals I go to, I play diablo 3 ros, and like to make knives

Hello!

I'm Robert. I've been lurking these forums on and off for a while. I live in New England, and I like all sorts of crafts and creative endeavors, which is what drew me here in the first place.

For relevant content, I am in the 501st as an officer and a naval trooper, and should have a TIE Pilot soon. Plus I do a lot of historical reenacting.

Hi, I just signed up to the rpf. Lifelong Star Wars fan. I'm from the South coast of England. I've collected star wars for 40 years (I'm 44) Sold most of my collection when kids came along and have just bought a Vaders Vault Hero on ebay as the start of my new saber hobby. Good choice? Thanks alot

Hello, my name is Robert. I have been collecting various things on and off for as long as I can remember. I was recently introduced to this site by a friend and immediately knew I needed to get in on things. I look forward to going through the stuff on here.

Hey all, E.G. or Meko626 here.
Ive been following this site for years and have used it for help on may a project, so thanks guys. But finally decided to join in on the fun. Ive been sewing and making **** for almost 20 yrs now and now that I have a kid Ive started to make him things too and love it. Ive loved seeing kids dress up at cons and love making smaller versions of stuff is so cute. Only down side is they grow out of it in a year. Any who ha, back to me, most of my talent lies in prop making and most of my sewing has been historical or fantasy and I guess thats kinda all. So bye for now and thanks for the add.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back