Hello, My name is Philippe.
I live in france.
I would like to own and wear several costumes of the Star Wars.
I will need help in their development for advice and places or buy the various parts.
Thanks for your help.
Phil

Hey guys, long time fan of the site, first time member.

I'm a pretty low level prop builder. Right now, I mostly just do minor mods with build kits, recently just with Gundam kits during my relax time on the weekends. But, looking to do more complex projects and kit bashing in the future. I'm also learning Maya, so maybe...possibly...hopefully, I'll move on to adding 3D printing to the mix.

A few pics of my recent projects:

Jesta:
Untitled-2.jpg

Jesta forced perspective (I messed up the scale on this one, but it still looks cool):
with bazooka 3.jpg

Knolling all the parts for a Sinanju Stein build in prep for paint.
IMG_20170923_213744_332.jpg

Sinanju Stein, after 8 hours of sanding off a tragically bad priming job:
IMG_20180207_134631_866.jpg

Sinanju Stein, painted, pre-weathering:
pre-weathering fullbody-sharpen cheats 01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_143655_412.jpg
    IMG_20171216_143655_412.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • with bazooka 1.jpg
    with bazooka 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to cosplay but am very interested in getting started and getting to know the ins and outs and some helpful tricks to get going. I'm Canadian and love Cons but hate being unprepared, next year will be different.

Please Help me lol

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello everyone! I have been a long time lurker since around 2012, but never gotten around to posting here, was pretty active on the 405th. I started prop building back in 2012 all the way to around 2015 where i slowly stepped away from it, mostly due to time constraints and after that I have enrolled into Electrical and Electronics Engineering and currently doing my year 3. I would say coming back and trying to continue prop making is both exciting and daunting at the same time as it takes up a lot of time and i have a lot of other commitments to life as well. Hopefully i am able to post stuff here often. Here are some of the past stuff that i have worked on
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to cosplay but am very interested in getting started and getting to know the ins and outs and some helpful tricks to get going. I'm Canadian and love Cons but hate being unprepared, next year will be different.

Please Help me lol
Where in Canada do you call home?

I joined this forum because I was seeking some advice on working with EVA foam. And while I have made a few mascot costumes in the past, my main thing is puppetry. Actually... now that I think about it, I do a lot of role playing. But, it is on stage as an actor in community theater.

I work as a mechanical engineer, so most of my creative outlet is outside of my job. Skill wise, I've made many kinds of puppets, but am more into marionettes right now. I also have done pattern development for puppets. I have a fair amount of electronics knowledge as well.

I live in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area of the U.S.

-Joe

Hi everybody,

I am Marc from Spain, as a big Star Wars fan from childhood, now I make my own sabers and also like to collect and install from other sources.

My last saber has been a Ganodi saber from the Clone Wars younglings. I hope to learn and contribute to this forum as much I can.

Thanks.
7e7f696b51a0e32df46472cfbf44eedc.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Hello,
I just joined I am currently interested in Ghost in the sell. I am constructing a pinball machine and want to utilize some movie like items in it. Currently I am researching recreating a medi pack from the live action movie, and 3d printing a thermo optic gun.
I am also interested in a lot of sci fi , I did recreate a multipass form a 3d print files.
Thanks

Hello hello!! My name is MaryBeth but I tend to go by "Barb" as I bear a striking resemblance to the iconic character on Stranger Things. I'm still very new at cosplay and I've only got about four solid cosplays under my belt. One of which is my Barb-ie cosplay. I've gone through about 3 or 4 different renditions of the box and have finally made one that is collapsable. I also cosplay as a WWII Dalek from Doctor Who! This is my previous box hat I have retired in favor of my new collapsable one, I'm very excited to debut it at Heroes Con in June!
23472793_10214061560028681_6767127120111681244_n.jpg

Hi I'm Zach!

I am a business student in Austin, Texas, and I'm completely new to modeling and prop design. This community is awesome, and I think I may have found a new hobby!

Hello! I'm Mark from Brisbane, Australia.

I've been admiring the amazing work here done by others for a couple of months, after hearing about this forum on a podcast.

I've never made props previously, but adore cinema and have a soft spot for making things. I have in the past made robots, photography equipment, and guitar effects pedals, and really look forward to using my electronics, coding and 3D Printing experiences to make some cool props.

Current projects: Infinity War Pager, Guardians of the Galaxy Orb, Hellraiser's Lemarchand's box.

Hey everyone, I'm a new cosplayer from Montreal (Canada).I've found this forum out of the blue while looking for facebook cosplay groups. This forum looks nice, especially for cosplay (props & costume) informations.

I'm curently looking to cosplay as Quicksilver (the Evan Peters version in X-men Days of future past & X-men Appocalypse. But I'm having a hard time on finding a leather (or a look-a-like) jacket with a silver color. I've posted a message yesterday on this thread, but no luck at all (meaning no answer ar all). Can anyone please help me ?

Thansk to answer

Hello, RPF!

After countless times being asked the question: "how are you not on RPF" I am finally here! Looking to expand my experience and share what I have already learned and created so far. I cut up a flagpole and destroyed my fathers stereo for parts to make a proton gun in 1996... I have been fueling a less destructive form of needing to create film props ever since.
Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Aliens, Star Trek are the props I gravitate towards.

IMG_20170617_102133.jpgIMG_20160226_074949567.jpgIMG_20151101_230247950.jpgIMG_20180429_125726.jpgIMG_20180115_213542.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. My name is James, and I'm an alcoholic. Oh, wait...wrong place.

I seem to stumble onto this site just about every time I look for anything related to building. I've been attempting costuming for about 4 years. I've got 2 suits that I'm mostly proud of (Kingdom Come Alan Scott and Tier 2 Judgment Paladin from World of Warcraft), but my 3rd (current Doctor Mid-Nite), I've gotten too fat to wear, and i'm too lazy to do anything about. Sad, right?

I'm hopeful, that by joining, I could find the answers I seek, and perhaps, reciprocate.

Oh, and, if anyone could direct me to a slip cast tutorial for gloves/hands, I'd be grateful. Seems these instructions are, either, proprietary or only know by elitist jerks who are unwilling to share.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

After years of lurking I thought I'd finally make it official and sign up. (I actually had the same username on the RPF years and years ago, but I wasn't super active. I think it probably got lost in the hack or whatever that happened some years ago.)

I'm a big fan of costumes, props and scale models, my favourite series are Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, Aliens and Mad Max.

Looking forward to joining in!

JockThePilot

PS: I am the same JockThePilot from the indygear forums and Aliens Legacy in case anyone is wondering. (I'm sure they're not.)

Long-time lurker, new poster. My background is in historical costuming for living history but after I fell in love with a coat in a video game, I completely fell down the cosplay rabbit hole. Over the last three years, I've mostly focused on costumes and props from the Dragon Age franchise, but this week I finished sewing the 2370s style Starfleet uniform debuted in Star Trek: First Contact. I also recently got my hands on a 3D printer, so I'm hoping to be able to pick the brains of some more experienced members while I'm learning to make models for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back