Hi, My name is Cass and I live in a suburb of Seattle (closer to Tacoma) WA. I have been making costumes with my son and have had requests to make other Star Wars costumes. I've been sewing all my life so costuming sounds fun. I will be making "soft parts" but not any hardware or props. I have some pictures on my Facebook page. I am really looking forward to learning new things and helping people out!

Hi, My name is Cass and I live in a suburb of Seattle (closer to Tacoma) WA. I have been making costumes with my son and have had requests to make other Star Wars costumes. I've been sewing all my life so costuming sounds fun. I will be making "soft parts" but not any hardware or props. I have some pictures on my Facebook page. I am really looking forward to learning new things and helping people out!

Hi im juan. Great to meet everyone. Ive been a fan of of everyone here for years and im glad to get my foot in the door with a spiderman suit im working on. Help is always appreciated.

Found this site a few days ago looking at the full scale falcon project. Awesome to see such dedication and attention to detail. Decided to sign up and subscribe to a couple of threads. Total beginner to all of this, but looking forward to learning more

Hey,

Joined here a couple of month ago, I cosplay and make my own costumes - currently in the middle of making a spidergwen , a riddler and a joker costume looking at making a female vegeta and scarecrow in the near future :)

also helping my older brother get into cosplay he wants to make the white riddler suit from batman forever.

I have cosplayed

Poison Ivy
Harley Quinn
Punk Version on Harley Quinn
and most recently this weekend black cat at MCM Manchester

The two favorite things ive made is my hammer and with the help of my boyfriend and his 3d printer a harley pop gun from scratch :)

Amber. - MissHarleyQuinn_ on instagram if you want to check it out

Hello! I prefer to go by Arhion online. :)

I'm a writer, working on my first work over 500 pages at the moment, but I love to go to fairs and festivals and such in costume. I was turned to this site through searching for a better alternative than googling... I think this website might be the one. It's wonderful.

My next project will end up being a reproduction of Skyrim's mage robes, and I can't wait to make them. In the future, I will probably end up building an entire suit of armor just to say I did.

*waves*

Allo. Ran into this place thanks to Bill Doran and Evil Ted. Been thinking of making the costume of Old King Thor for halloween next year and am going to make other things to get experience.

So far, all I have made is a door stop with really terrible cuts. Dang mental block.

Hey, my name's Cloud and I like to make armor, jewelry, and art out of chainmail and sheet metal. I recently started making pepakura models and it's great. I'm still confused about some things (like molding to get resin castings) and thought this would be the place to ask!

Hey,

I've been a fan of film, prop making and practical effects for quite sone time. I juse recently starting to build a star trek III communicator from scratch, using a lot of the helpful forums on this site!

~ Shannon

Hello RPF! My name is Cody. Me and my fiance have just started making our own costumes. I was looking into some Red Hood helmet designs and stumbled upon this place. It's amazing to see all the beautiful art done here. I'll definitely post some updates when I start working on more outfits.

Hello everyone I am Kip, you can call me KP for (even) short(er). Anyway I am fairly new to all the prop and costume creation hobbies, and just recently joined clonetroopers.net. I really am interested in making/buying props and costumes for the following games and movies: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Halo, World of Warcraft, Destiny, The Elder Scrolls franchise, and more! I just purchased a 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper helmet and am currently trying to create that costume. If anyone has any tips and tricks please do let me know!

- Thank you, Kip Wadsworth
kipshelmet.JPG

Hey,

I'm new here :)
I've been interested in building my own stuff since a few years but never got there.
So now i decided to take the big step forward.

I don't have a lot of hand on experience so i'm hoping to find a lot of usefull tips here ^_^

I'm not all that creative and i have no idea on how to start on props, but i do have some experience with Warhammer 40K models and how to implement nice lighting effects into them :)

Hello Hello,
So I'm beginning. My name is Chloé, I'm almost 20. I'm French.
I'm a total beginner in all the creating/building costume. But I've already see a lot of them and one day I have the idea to create my own costume.
I love create and build stuff with my mom. I also love music a lot.

Hope I'm not to annoying.

Lot of love and fun.

Chloé:)

hello to all my fellow builders and nerds!!!

I am Inali. One of my favorite toys is my Oscilloscope!
I love people even more so those that are in to nerdy things.
I love to cosplay, and I want to improve my skills and work on new things for my costumes.
I love Marvel and DC, along with most video games.
I cant wait to get to know all of you and see your project, give me thought and get help from all of you!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this community, but have been excited about costumes and prop building for as long as I can remember! It should be fun to share that excitement with all of you. I have a few photos of some projects I've done in the past. Most everything has been for Halloween and nothing more, but that is soon to change.

(Darth Maul) http://www.therpf.com/album.php?albumid=5461
(Boba Fett) http://www.therpf.com/album.php?albumid=5463
(Superman) http://www.therpf.com/album.php?albumid=5464

Cheers!

Brenobi

Hi!

I'm completely new to prop and costume making, but I'm trying to make my first ever cosplay for my first ever comic con, and this site looked like a great place to enter the community and get feedback on my work.

Greetings! "Gadgeteer" really fits me; whatever breaks in my family, they always say "can you fix it?" I don't have a lot of props, or autographs; do have one of Van Armstrong, found him exceptionally nice. I was peppering him with questions like "How did you get started" (he answered a casting call, he said he KNOWS how fortunate that was!). "What else have you been in?" (other than Admiral in "Enterprise") -- he's been in a lot of things, see the credits for "Clear and Present Danger". Not conceited, kind personality.

I have a Diamond Select Star Trek communicator (the cheaper version), of course I removed the solder-bridge to activate Spock's message. Want to redo the grill (perhaps gold leaf it!). One "backburner" project is to make the Bridge Moire; I have it printed on 8.5x11 transparencies, have the motor, just need time to put it together. (Finishing the book I'm writing comes first, then have several other projects to build.)

I really enjoyed the British series "Tripods", have been trying to get someone to 3D print a Tripod for me --- found only one file online, but most printers can't handle DAE. (I've no experience with creating 3D models.) I'm still steamed that BBC canceled it before "Series III" --- if I had a bunch of disposable cash, I think I would hire a CG house to put together a third series!

I love time-travel movies, developed a minor crush on Sienna Guillory in the recent "The Time Machine". Found the premise of their "paradox" non-credible; if I had a fiance as cute and ornery as she was (her eyes actually sparkled with orneriness when Alex was trying to be serious!) -- that would be more than enough motivation to complete the machine. Samantha was okay, but Sienna was the star. ;)

Soooo -- that's enough about me, unless anyone needs help in repairing something, or explaining what gravity and inertia are, or exactly how to travel through time. I don't have all of the answers, but it's fun to think I have some. (Ronald Mallet is half-right!)

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello

Clearly I can tell I messed up already, I apologize I should of introduce myself first

My name is Joshua and thank you for letting me join this wonderful forum.

I am a beginner cosplayer and hope to get some great/helpful advice and amazing prop ideas

Thanks

Hi all,

Long time lurker/admirer of all the fantastic things made by everyone here, and figured it's about time I plucked up the courage to join in the fun!

I've got more projects on the go than I care to admit.. The main ones I'm currently working on at the moment are a 2012 Dredd movie suit, and struggling along with a build of Hiccup's flight armour from How To Train Your Dragon 2. Already not a fan of stitching leather by hand, and I've only really just started.

Big fan of Doctor Who (classic and new - #10 is my Doctor. All hail Tennant), as well as Firefly, the recent Marvel films, Oblivion, Back to the Future, and so on and so forth.

Looking forward to working with you all! Thanks :)

Hey all!

I've just recently gotten into papercraft and prop making thanks to some not-so-gentle goading from a friend whose been doing it for years. I've toyed with the idea of making various armor and props for years now but never really took the time to look into it or get things done. That all changed one night after said friend and I were talking at work and he basically called me out for talking a big talk about all of my wants and plans for a Mass Effect armor set and not walking the walk. That's when I decided it was finally time to do something about it and roughly 15-20 hours later I have a finished full-breather helmet. That thing was a pretty great crash course in Pepakura and the art of glueing-things-that-are-impossible-to-get-to haha. Now my hands are cut and covered in super glue but the bug has bitten and I just want to do more!

I'm all sorts of interested in everything sci-fi and hope to become an active member here over time!

Thanks for the time, guys!

20150729_001257_resized.jpg20150729_001013_resized.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back