Hey everyone. I've been interested in areas of cosplay and being able to build them so I decided to register to this forum.
My name is Nic and I am currently a US Army Officer Candidate, and I hope to be able to contribute to this community and I'm glad to be aboard.

Cheers, Nic

I used to lurk here a lot, mostly looking for any project relating to Back to the Future or video game props. I'm a consumer ***** and I am very much worried about my wallet when it comes to project runs... and my sanity.

Hello!

I found this place through a blog post. I don't make props but I love Halloween and Pinterest and set up a Harry Potter potions class at a school wide Halloween party last year. I want to expand and add an Alien room this year. Not sure what I can build myself but I am willing to try. :) -Jen

Hello!
I've been lurking around here for a while and I've finally decided to join since I'm always making stuff and thought this would be a good place to learn new techniques and skills!

New member:

Hi im egomaster. I am a huge star wars fan. I was directed to this forum by my bro. I build prop lightsaber hilts for fun and will be posting some one I take some better pics of them.

Hi, everyone!

I'm Zjef from Bruges, Belgium. I'm a medical laboratory technologist by trade.

But I love to build stuff.

Here's a (far from complete) list of some hobbies of mine:
- HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts, mainly focusing on 16th century longsword and dussack; I recently started with 19th century military saber)
- lutherie (mainly building acoustic and electric guitars)
- building wooden model ships
- building bows (archery)
- making maille (aka chainmail)
- wood carving
- making bracelets (friendship bracelets, paracord bracelets...)

At the moment I'm completely obsessed with building a guitar as accurate as possible to the main one used in the 1994 movie 'The Crow'.
The guitar Keith Richards plays in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End' is also on my list.

Hi all, Baku here. Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been a lurker for some time and finally wanted to join this wonderful community. I'm looking forward to interacting with everybody and building wonderful things.

Hey guys new to the site hope yall enjoy me in the community well first thing i am a big amazing spiderman fan and all sort of marvel topics and i dont know much about this site but i love props and some of the stiff ive seen is amazing so if anyone has tasm webshooters like the ones that were watches let me know or if someone sells the suits for a good price and guys one last thing just inbox me if you do and all the details but other than that id love to meet some new people on here and try to make some good friends or companions so thanks for reading and everyone have a good life

Heya!! My name is Lisa and I've been a cosplay lurker since 2009!!! Due to lack off belief in myself and low selfasteem, I've never made a costume!! But I'm hoping that after joining you guys, I might get enough motivation to get over myself and do what I want regardless of how bad I think I'm gonna be :)

I'm a pretty shy, but friendly person, so if anyone wanna be friends, I'd very much appriciate it :D

Hey Guys......Some local DragonCon clients suggested I jump on and join and so here I am. I am a seamstress, simple prop maker and OLD NERD. Glad to be on and checking out everyone's interests and great costumes. Good to meet everyone!

Hey all,

I am just getting in to cosplay and have some ideas for my first costume and don't want it too overly difficult. THe reason I am finally getting in to cosplay at is firstly my daughter who attends Supernova here in Sydney and secondly my best mate is having a cosplay wedding in November this year. Am looking for ideas and help from the well of knowledge that you all can provide. I know there is information here but need ideas as I am going as Mal Reynolds and for obvious reasons (Australian laws) I can't get my hands on a replica model 47/47A so must make my own.

I am looking at resin casting it from a foam model in silicon, unless there is a better less newbie way to do this... also any ideas from the Sydney based folks as to where the best places to either buy the articles I need (cheeply) as in pants, suspenders and boots and that jacket... or else I am going to be doing the seamstress work too...

Another old lady nerd here, Momdog, you're not alone :)

Hello all, Sarah here from the UK.

I make (sometimes quite complex) costumes and (up to now pretty simple) props for myself and my sons. As a family we’re collectively known as the Implausibility of Gnus in cosplay circles, although not by many people as to be fair we don’t shout very loud :)

I never realised before what an AMAZING resource this site is, I love to see people share their process and work in progress, and there seems to be a lot of that in here. I also like to share my WIPs and I’ve already started a thread in the Marvel subforum to show-and-tell how my most recent build – Rocket Racoon – came together. I hope you find it useful.

I look forward to becoming a fully fledged member of this fantastically creative community.

Hi, everyone,
im returning to my childhood love of model making after a 30+ year hiatus. I found this forum after attending Star Wars Celebration 2015. Tickets to SW and Disneyland were my 50th birthday present. I'm in blistering hot Fresno California, and I'm looking forward to learning more and getting inspired by all of the wonderful work coming from this group.
thanks,
Mario Rosso

noob.jpg

Hey everybody, Danger here and im happy to finally join your ranks. I've been poking around with SFX and props for years, but it hasn't been till recently I've wanted to get serious about it. My goal is to pursue a career in theme park animatronics. So, i left my crappy career, I'm headed back to school for a degree in Engineering Technology and looking forward to getting my hands as dirty as possible building cool stuff. As a natural horror fan, i have a tendency to gravitate towards all the stuff i grew up on. I'm that guy who wanted a lament configuration since i saw one in Fangoria at age 9. I am the 32 year old with a 7 foot werewolf in his side room. (which being here, probably doesn't seem all that odd)

As of late I've been working on building a tentacle mechanism similar to that in the original Alien, to be attached to a head, torso and chestburster, all constructed from mask latex. ill post pics soon.

Once again, im happy to be here, im looking forward to meeting you all and learning from your community.

-Danger

Last edited:
Hello all, can't wait to start the fun! I'm new to this but got REALLY inspired by Adam Savage's stuff (Tested videos). I'm starting my first ever model, the Ecto-1, and am very excited. I have another couple things I want to build in the future, but I'm gonna keep them hush hush until I build them! From what I hear this is a solid community, so I'm excited to be a part of it!
Cheers,
Alex

yo!

my name is Seeker9817, i have been a lurker around these parts and other various sites for a few years now, always coming back to view more amazing builds i guess.

i got into props and crafty stuff from an early age and usually make anything i can with scrap and recycled materials, only recently teaching myself 3d modeling and pepakura with the helpful tutorials and resources provided by this and other fantastic costuming communities and for this wealth of information i am infinitely grateful.

i have always been interested in seeing the nuts and bolts of the prop-making and costuming professions and just learning more overall about the sheer amounts of versatility and skill people put into their creations, it has always left me with an inkling to learn more about the techniques and processes used in said areas of expertise.

i intend to post tales of my adventures and would just love to make some friends around these parts, if you ever want to have a friendly chat i would be delighted to indulge. I'm friendly, i promise!

Regards, Seeker

Hi folks,

I'm Hope, and I'm starting to venture more into prop design and cosplay since I went to my first con last year. This site has been an amazing resource. I've found prop and costume design to be a valuable creative outlet I never considered previously. It's been a blast learning different skills and techniques -- immensely gratifying. I've dabbled in 3D prints, programming, molding and casting, finishing techniques, sewing, pattern design, etc., and I've loved every success and misadventure along the way.

I signed up so I could begin to give back to the knowledge pool here. I don't have many answers yet, but we're all beginners at some point. It's nice to see that we all struggle along the way to incredible builds!

Cheers,

Hope

Hello there! You guys can just call me Kits, or whatever you want, really. I've been interested in prop/costume making and design for a long time, though I never really got into it due to funding and really just not thinking it was something I could do. I've had a lot of issues in the past, but I'm just trying to start anew in the world, and as such, I want to actually do something I care about, rather than what I've done in the past. I'm currently going to school for Engineering Technology, mostly focusing on electrical engineering and computer engineering. I do woodwork as a hobby, and would really love to get into metal, but I want to get solid enough with wood before venturing in that direction. I'm actually more of a fan of animation than live-action (Titan AE is probably one of my favourite movies, actually), and I have a decent interest in anime. I have a bit of a tendency to do a lot of complicated workarounds with my work, as I'm always broke, so I'm hoping to learn a lot about prop and costume making on a budget so I won't have to go so crazy. Anyway, if you guys want to know anything more then just hit me up through a PM or something! Bye for now

Hi everyone, I"m Andy.
I have only recently discovered this site after a coworker told me to pop in and visit. My main interests revolve around sculpting and painting, it keeps me somewhat sane while I cook for a living. I look forward to checking out all the talent here, and making some new contacts.
Greetings from wintery Brisbane Australia!:cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back