re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello everyone!!! My name is Chris, i am from the small state of West Virginia, in the US... I have been lurking and learning a lot from many different people and projects on here for a while now.. I must say that there are a lot of incredibly talented gents and ladies on here. I am a very avid iron man fan, as i see many on here are, and honestly started here to aquife a full suit, i inquired with TMP about one of their suits, but the more i pondered on it and the more i read from various threads here, and also being from the background i am, i decided that i would just give it a shot and build a suit for myself. I think i can take more pride in something i made rather than bought. Once i get a little further along i will start a thread and post some pics of my work so far. Thanks for having me!!! And keep up the good work everyone!! U all inspire a lot of people out here!!

I am Aaron from Toronto....

I have to say I am not much into making my own props as I am into buying them! Master replicas are a new addiction....Star wars, and hellboy are my loves...

One of my grails:

Kroenen Custom mask by aaronViolator, on Flickr

not much else to say other than I have seen some really great talent on here and it just goes to show what time and dedication can create!

Hi RPF!

I'm a huge Star Wars Fan, into Sci-Fi Film & TV, Comic-Books, and such.

I worked briefly for about 4 years in Props and Model-making for a short period of time for Film/tv commericals/print ads/theme parks but have since been away from that passion for way too long.

This is an awesome site and the creativity here has really rekindled my interest in it. Hopefully in time, I'll get back on the horse and start building once again.

Hi Folks. I'm an retired shop teacher whose interest lie mostly in model building. Both garage kit and scratch building. I like all the old 50's sci-fi and horror films and have worked several film conventions. Been doing modeling for about ten years now and just started to work on prop pieces. Did a Forbidden Planet Blaster which lights when the trigger is pressed. Just starting on the planning stage of a rifle blaster from the same film. Not a lot of info out there till I found this site. I was amazed at the the many talented people here and hope to be able to pick brains and share info. Thanks for letting me join.

Jim M.

Hello all,
I have been lurking for quite a while, admiring the incredible talent that goes into some of the props I have seen here. I am no artist, merely a collector, and I am very excited about the possibility of owning bits and pieces of the movies I love so much!

I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, it was while looking for prop replicas that I was directed here. I had no idea the amount of props that were out there, and I am very pleased that this site is excellent about directing where to find the highest quality items! My first purchase was the Acme Headpiece to the Staff of Ra, which was recommended by many users on this site. I love the piece (I have wanted to own one ever since I first saw Raiders of the Lost Ark) and couldn't be happier with it! I look forward to acquiring more pieces (and attempting to stick to a budget!).

Thank you so much for creating a place like this where you have gathered so many fantastically talented artists! So many of you have talent far beyond my wildest dreams and I look forward to being part of this community!

Hello all.

I've been a forum lurker for a very very long time. I started armouring in middle school (mid-90's) after a classroom presentation by some SCAdians. I was taught to sew at a very early age and have always had a knack for repair and embellishment. Though I have never completed a personal prop/costume project, I have assisted a multitude of friends with their projects and am something of a local go-to-guy for ideas, feedback, and assistance with resin casting, vacuforming, metal and leatherwork, and sewing projects. I'm autistic and don't do well at cons and gatherings, so I've not done much by way of public events. I've done a lot of period costuming for friends and family (usually Victorian/Edwardian) and have been involved with local theatre projects on several occasions.

I'm currently working on my first personal costume piece based off an idea I've been refining for the last 4-5 years. (The primary reason I've never completed anything for myself is because my ideas are constantly in a state of flux, whereas projects that I assist with are generally more concrete.)

I am something of a LEGO fiend.

I am a little apprehensive of my decision to become more involved by posting, as I feel as though I am walking among giants. The work I've seen documented throughout the last few years is nothing short of extraordinary and inspiring. I hope to contribute comments and insights of value, though my own experiences are almost entirely derived from trial and error with limited resources and a lot of MacGuyvering.

Hail and well met.

hi im new and was wondering if anyone had any icarly props from the icarly tv show.

THANKS

Hi there, folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster :) Joined up and it's a passion of watching for me... although I would love to flex my creating muscles in the future on costumes, props and models. The things I have seen here are extraordinary and I certainly hope to one day be able to exhibit a similar skill level to those I have seen here (not blowing smoke, just sayin' is all).

Cheers to all

Oz

Hey guys, a fellow Star Wars collector suggested I try this site! I love all things Star Wars....although my collection has been limited to whatever has been produced by Gentle Giant, Sidehow Toys, or Master Replicas. He had an X-Wing and Tantive IV models that I absolutely wanted to steal!! So thankfully, to keep me from a life of crime....he suggested this forum.

Hi I'm a new to the forum and I like making props and am trying to refine my skills in costuming. I hope to learn a lot here thank you for having me.

Hey there,
I'm Ryan. I'm a big fan of the site -- it inspired me to start creating my own shirts and I'm well on my way...so thank you for that!

Long time troll finally got around to joining. Currently working on prototype of some hero prop extruded (sweating) dynamite.

427642_10150634218430912_515245911_9227123_645131254_n.jpg

Label ended up crooked and it isn't to scale, but it's only a proof of concept piece right now.
Kraft paper has been oiled and waxed to give it that sweaty look.
It's going in a salt bath tonight to try and crystalize it. We'll see how it looks.
Once it's done there is going to be 10 full sized scale pieces in a case.

Last edited:

Hey guys, my name's Kevin.

I'm new here, and just recently took up working on props as a hobby. I won't torture anyone with pictures of my attempts so far (yet), but I look forward to bugging many of you for advice and tips. My jaw is already sore from all the dropping since I've looked at some of the posts.

Including the guy who's posted above me, whose dynamite looks great.

Hi everybody...

so...i decided to bbuild a War Machine (HD) Costume, using Pepakura.
Its my first project. I did a Boba Fett 15 years ago. Looks like the costume did shrink within the last years ^^

War Machine HD!
The forearm piece took me 3 days (cut out, fold, (hot)glue).
The detail is insane and drives me crazy. Some parts are so fragile...damn.
My neck starts to hurt, watching downwards for hours XD

Hi everyone. I'm Cory.

Decided to join the site as I've seen pics and people talking about this place on other sites I frequent. I don't have the skills or knowledge to create these props and costumes on my own, but I enjoy checking out all the great work on these threads. You guys are really bringing these props to life, it's amazing to watch the process from start to finish. Maybe one day I'll get ambitious and try building something (I'd really love a life size R2-D2) but until then I'll enjoy the fine work put out be the rest of you.

can't really call myself new but i though i would introduce myself here I am Jon aka batgrayson and I am student film maker and really love seeing all the amazing things you guys make here

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a movie prop collector on a small scale for a long time but just recently decided to become more active in the community after renewing my interest in Indiana Jones props and finding this forum. I used to work in the visual effects business on the video/editing side. I worked for Warner Digital and Foundation Imaging back in the day and had lots of friends in the prop business back then.

I am currently exploring the idea of maybe fabricating some of my own props as well and this place seems to be a fountain head of knowledge.

Anyway glad to be aboard,

- bish

Hi all,
Long time lurker but I made some threads recently. Big fans of videogames, especially stuff like Skyrim, Fallout, etc. I did make some props from Skyrim and, as of today, have started work on a full size Dragon Bone Armour from the game. My material of choice is modelling plaster on cardboard frames, it gives very good straighten actually, especially after soaking it in superglue...
Wish me luck guys!
Cheers,
Vlad

Hi everyone!

Before introduce myself, I want to congratulate every prop and costume makers I have seen here. There's so talented people in here!! I hope to have at least a quantum of you skills!!!

As far as I can remember, I always have been fascinated by all props and costumes made for movies and tv shows. I think to see some people like make my childhood dreams come true!!!

Thanks to all of us!!!

Hey guys.
My name is Mike from Phoenix. I have actually been making stuff for about 2 and half years now. I just found out about this forum recently when one of my friends sent me over here.

I started with Vash the stamped from Trigun and while making that I also made the gun for Millie Tompson for my daughter which we debuted at SDCC 2 years ago.

This was us.
SDCC2010038.jpg

Then I repainted the Gatling gun from Millie into a steampunk gun and have been doing Steampunk ever since. This was my first debute with it in Steampunk form.
198620_1846058718496_1451505319_2048527_347641_n.jpg

That gun is now gone and I've focused on my backpack and the rest of the outfit.
Yes that is a working Battery Powered Lava Lamp.
316471_10150946164565195_607660194_22293027_1252117222_n.jpg

Now I have moved on to JLA and other stuff like my Transformers Kup costume in the works. http://www.therpf.com/f24/transformers-sargent-kup-project-140347/

This was my latest completion of The Qestion for the JLA group I'm in.
c8358111.jpg

I love making stuff and showing it off. This forum is also a great inspiration for me and helps me a lot with research. Thanks to the admins for making this place awesome.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back