re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello there.

I've been a member for a while, just now getting around to posting. I joined mostly to be inspired by all the amazing talent there is out there. I have built a few movie props, a Boba Fett Costume, Tusken Raider, and some odds and ends. I am wanting to get into modeling and casting my own work, and I have started sculpting a small Audrey II as my first attempt, so we'll see how it goes. I've also started a Pepikura Iron Man helmet. Progress on both is slow as we just had our second child last month. So I'll post stuff when I get a chance to actually work on things.

Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here!

Hello everyone.
I thought i had been a member for a while, now it turns out i was a member to a fake site.:facepalm A little confusing to say the least.
Now that i'm on the correct site I am very exited to learn as much as i can and see what i can do.

Hello

I was refered to this site via a group in Facebook.

I am new to building props but have done afew over the last few months, and have a few more in the works now

So far I have built: GB Proton Pack & Belt Gizmo, Fallout 3 AER9 Laser Rifle, Jet, Stimpak & Nuka Grenade.

Currently working on: Steampunk Proton Pack, Gizmo, Trap, Fallout 3 Pipboy 3000, 9mm pistol, Steampunk flint lock pistol

Costumes I have put together, Ghostbusters, Stargate SG1, Fallout 3 101 Vault dweller, Steampunk Ghostbusters, BTTF Marty Mcfly 2015

Hello From NY I made a post in the wrong section sorry about that. I hope to learn a lot from here

Hello,

I've been a lurker for a while off and on. I don't have much of a prop collection but am looking to start. I've spent hours just browsing through all the fantastic stuff here. Kudos to all the artistic and creative people who make up this community. Looking forward to being a part of it.

I'm a fan of pretty much all movie genres but currently some of my favorite props (and ones I hope to own someday) are from the TV show Supernatural and various comic book movies such as Thor and Captain America.

Cheers, RPF!

Hello everyone. I'm a collector from Tennessee. I'm a huge fan of prop replicas. I have a small collection of mostly movie weapons. I love to cosplay (although I'm not crazy about that term). My most elaborate costume is Indiana Jones.

I'm also big into collecting 1/6 action figures.

I look forward to posting often and expanding my collection. I hope I haven't rambled too much.:lol

-Josh

hello peoples

good to find this site, seems to be very thing ive done or lookin to do!

ive been making things all my life- in the last 8 years though my collection has boomed!! The things i do, arent limited by anything in anyway so i have a massive range from AIRWOLF to ZOMBIELAND.

Im here cos i get a real kick outta helping others with tips and ideas, so i look forward to chatting to ya all soon.

ahoi,
hope this works.
was stucked at the fake rpf.
well
i am new and hope that this is no fake.
greetings from germany
crimsonsun

Hi im Mamas, found this forum from ASA forum and joined up, As the name says I'm a bit of an RC nut.

Props Lawgiver Mk2, Pulse Rifle. Bit of an Anderson Geek as well.
Studio scale stuff... Skydiver, Shadomobile, Viper Mk1, Firefox and a load more.

Nice to be here.

Hi all.My names Kevin and like a dumba$$ I just signed up at the RPF before finding out it had been hacked.Im hoping im in the right place now? lmao!

I'm a fish, I live under the sea. What else can I say?
Also, you should tear up your wall where you have that thing to make it appear as if she's coming through your wall!

Hey everyone,

I'm Petsku, a prop and replica collector from Finland - been browsing the RPF over the years and many times thinking "maybe I should join up soon", now finally I thought it's time to become a member!

I love movies and games - I'm a game designer, I've worked in the game industry for the past 20 years (most recently on games like "Dead Nation" and "Super Stardust HD" for Playstation 3, etc.) and I've always been endlessly fascinated and inspired by the fantastic worlds and visuals of movies and games.

I started collecting movie props and replicas about 12 years ago (before that my collection mostly consisted of game related stuff), my biggest passion is for science fiction and that shows - most of the things in my collection are from movies like Aliens, Star Wars, and Terminator.

To give you an idea, for example, for the past 10 years I've slept under a wall-mounted Aliens Queen head trophy that I had made by a talented prop artist from US (Phil, who I lost contact with years ago, but hope to get back in touch with soon, maybe even through this place.

I hope to post many more pictures of my collection here soon, and share lots of fantastic prop and replica related moments with all my fellow members here! :)

Best Regards,

Petsku

Last edited:

I'm a fish, I live under the sea. What else can I say?
Also, you should tear up your wall where you have that thing to make it appear as if she's coming through your wall!

Hey Green Fish!

I'm a coconut from the planet Zorg, visiting Earth (disguised as a human), trying to find out what the fuzz is all about (been here for 37 Earth years so far).

Enjoying it - so far my favorite things here are games and movies.

Also, I like fish (to hang out with, not to eat).

Best Regards,
Petsku
(Zorger #474,314159265358)

hi im new just joined the site a few days ago, I found this site as i was surfing the internet looking for help and advice on foam armor making. I decided to turn a custom design i had in my head into a reality. there is definitely room for improvement, but i expect to pick up new tricks and skills from conversations with the elder gods of prop making.

Hello all!

During my searching for props information and techniques, I always wind up coming back here. Haven't joined in the past because I was a little intimidated by the knowledge base here, and how much more the community knows about a prop or costume. Now I hope to use that same knowlege as a resource to create a better, more accurate prop.

Mostly inspired by the fantasy genre. You know, the swords, armor, and magic stuff. Hope to show you guys and gals what I'm working on before too long.

Last but not least, thanks very much for building such a great community. I'm excited to finally be a part of it.

During my searching for props information and techniques, I always wind up coming back here. Haven't joined in the past because I was a little intimidated by the knowledge base here

that sounds like me.I kept coming back to this place but never signed up.I guess I dont have much to offer the site other than a few star wars items theyve probably all seen a million times.But it seems like a friendly place thus far and a great place for a guy like me to get answers on any given topic

Hey Everybody!

Name's Tim, gonna be making some stuff for Star Wars Celebration this year and have full plans of posting the progress. All you guys are crazy talented and look forward to joining the ranks :D

Hey...

Hey There, ahhh, just wanted to drop a line and say wassup. Name is Jon and I am from Boston Ma. I am originally an airbrush artists/pinstriper but since having kids and being thrust back into the my child hood with superheros everywhere (I lucked out and have two great boys!) Ive decided to give Pepakura (Pep) a try.

So I will be looking for some files and general advice and tips and tricks from the more experienced builders.

I came across this artform on Youtube from Stealth so many props to him, I thought his instructional videos were awesome.

So Hello, and I look forward to really digging through this forum.

Take Care

J

Howdy! My name's 'Drew and I build props, models, and costumes! I also render in 3D for Rapid Prototyping and cast in pewter. I make spaceships for gaming and also do a bit of jewelry (molding and casting) part-time. I have a portfolio somewhere, but I'll have to upload it later for folks to see. I need to get my post count up somehow, but this problem with the website and my workload right now is keeping me down and busy...

hi all,

My name is Gilang, i'm from indonesia...i'm interested in helmet replicas, especially flight helmets :)
nice to know you all

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back