Hello everyone!

I'm newly registered but I've been familiar with this site for a few months. I have been involved in cinema and theatre at my university so I've had exposure to prop and costume making. I've also been interested in learning how to make my own costumes and props since I was a child but have never had the means to do so. My boyfriend discovered this site a few months ago when he was looking for a new hobby and pepakura ended up being just that. He and I are now tag teaming in making our costumes. He's focusing on the prop making aspect, and I am focusing on the costume making aspect so we can make costumes faster and hopefully better.

At the moment it's like kids in a candy store so we're looking into everything from Star Wars to Bioshock to Mass Effect to Street Fighter to Final Fantasy. We are looking really forward to being involved in this community. I hope to soon have photographic proof of our work to show off.

Until then, I'm just happy to be here!

A friendly hello to you all,

so I´m a 46 years old newbi from germany but also a big Star Wars fan since the first day. I´m here as I started to create some costumes for my 3 kids (20, 18 and 16 years) and always when I started a reaserch I found links to this forum here and I thought why not going to a place that looks like lot´s of people with a lot og knowledge. Also very sorry for my realy bad english but I try my best.

Greetings

Hi folks, my name is Glen and I'm based in Christchurch, New Zealand. I've been dipping in and out of threads on the RPF for years but seldom felt like I had anything to offer. I'm a big fan of Star Trek(s), Doctor Who and a few other things. I've created quite a few replica props from Doctor Who (Daleks, TARDIS, scale TARDISes, Console, K9) using a range of materials and generally try to be as screen accurate as possible.

I'm very interested in moving into screenwriting from my current career of librarianship so have getting a bit more serious lately and made a series of short films in the lead up to a Doctor Who festival. My goal is for someone in the festival promotions team to notice my films and give me a chance to meet the lead actor Peter Capaldi but I have so few social media connections my videos are never going to be seen.. Thought maybe I'd share them here since at least you guys will appreciate the props in Episodes 3 (Dalek), 4 (TARDIS) and 5 (console). As far as I know I have the only accurate studio scale 9/10 TARDIS Console replica in the world and while there are lots of things to do to complete it and there have been a few little compromises I'm happy that it is very very close to the real thing. My playlist on YouTube is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrQQXgerh8JwFoz9BGVgRs4C3p5nba0uj
if you can like,comment or share it please do. If anyone is interest in a prop build diary I'd be happy to share that too. Cheers.
cc.JPGaa.JPGee.JPGff.JPG

Last edited:
Greetings!

I am fan of pop culture and other things from my yesteryear. I am a Balloon artist, a sneaker collector and in a Hip Hop collective. Between work,wife and Gears of War...I'll occasionally paint a custom shoe here or there. Recently married this year and loving every second of it. Kudos to all the amazing work done by the artists here.

Hi all,
What an amazing forum this is! So glad to have found it and able to see the amazing work so man of you do in replicating so many iconic items.

I've not long completed my first build, the remote mine from Goldeneye. Could never have done it without the I formation I found here. Next on my list is the Arkangel mine from the film followed by a few other iconic bond items, a couple from national treasure and then so many more :)

I come from a background of normal model kit building and painting with a whole mix of working with other materials thrown in.

Looking forward to seeing more of the amazing projects people come up with :)

Tom, UK

Hi,

I´m 23 and just stardet building Movie Props and other stuff when ever I have some time. I work in the military an I´m from Germany(so sorry for that crappy English ;)).

I want to start buildng more stuff and trying to get better with every project. The Next project will be an Fallout Outfit.

Happy to be here. Looking at becoming a collector of all things movie and video game related. Started recently with a Neca Flasher Gremlin. Looking to get at least one thing from each of my favourite movies/video games. A BTTF Hoverboard is next methinks.

Having read the forum for a while, I already feel at home!

Hello! I'm Lori and live in SoCal. I'm new / casual fan of prop making costumes etc. I sew and sculpt and have a little experience casting but in hard material and not casting prosthetics or masks (which I'm super interested in learning to do). I'm really interested in making cosplay costumes & props for conventions and events.

Hello all,
Well Ive been a lurker of this forum for a few months now and really excited to start a ton of projects. I tried to make a quick Iron man costume via Pep/foam but wasn't to happy with my end result. So after hours of cutting the pep templates I also recently decided to finally purchase a Silhouette Cameo to begin a full Pep and mold of a costume, except I've been running into one problem. Was trying to download Dancing fools pep files but not having much luck as it seems all the files on the 4shared site downloads malware and other things? If anyone can assist with the files it would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to this year long adventure. :)

Last edited:
Greetings! I've been cosplaying since 2003, but my latest character has armor and chainmail and some leather work, so I figured it was about time I create an account and do more than lurk :)

My name's James, a Destiny and fallout fanatic and an idiot that agrees to last minute builds.. freestyle is my thing though pep sometimes has to happen on the side!

hi all! i'm new in this forum! i'm an replica props and costume make, i hope that my work like you. i entered in this community for find new ideas, friend to share my passion and new work. :)

Hi RPF,

Been lurking around for a few weeks. I got hooked on the Adam Savage "Tested" videos and Bill Duran's Punished Props videos on youtube. Really made me want to learn about the props scene. I used to build things like sub boxes and custom door panels back in high school with MDF and Fiberglass, so its not too foreign for me. Been learning a lot about silicon and different techniques now. I just turned 30, at the point I wanted something to do something to get back to being creative, I love turning a bunch of random stuff into something useful or at least neat looking lol. I have started on some EVA foam guns and been practicing my painting techniques on some old NERF guns. Just trying to expand the skill set and get better at mastering the details before I get into anything too crazy.

That being said, I am a huge sci fi / comics fan so I really enjoy all the other works on this site. Hopefully I can learn a lot on here, and maybe post up some creations that will inspire some one else or at least add the the eye candy on the site soon.

Thanks for reading my intro rant...

- Travis

(North DFW area, Texas)

Hello! I'm 21 and live in the USA. I've been lurking these forums for a while to find references for cosplays and related props. I finally decided to register so I can participate in the community more.

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, but I decided I would finally join. I've always been interested in prop-making and have so far lived vicariously through the posts people make here. I have almost no experience in prop-making or costume-making but I hope to change that very soon!

Hey all! Been designing costumes for years and now I am branching off into armor and eva foam work. Love what I do!!

Hello Everyone!!! Lifelong Star Wars fan here!!!! I am excited to join this community. I am ready to learn. I have no experience in any sort of crafting/modding/building/sculpting. Here to learn and to just take in all the amazing things this community has done. I may ask alot of questions or i might just stalk threads!!! Thanks for letting me be a part.

Greetings fellow makers of dreams. I suppose I should introduce myself yo you all. I am Ryan, AKA DMTDeadpool. Been around the RPF and some of the sister sites, Mostly as an observer, though I was rather active in the Hunter's Lair... Before it became The Predatorium and a lot of the original "hunters" left.

I have been making Pepakura armour and weapons for a while, then ventured onto EVA foam. A medium I have been working a lot in recently. I have worked with wood for a few weapons and have used plastics too and dabbled in sculpting. But my main focus is in foam.

I have a few projects started, but with no real time frame for those to be finished I have those on hold... Namely my Predator costume and my Abaddon The Despoiler works in progress. I attended MCM Comicon this year as The Shredder.
IMG_0718.JPG
Seen here facing off with DeathStroke

I am now working on my next costume. Death in Reaper Form from Darksiders 2. For next year's Con. I might also make something a little less bulky for wandering around and buying goodies. I found out that costumes are not the best for wandering around getting pictures taken while juggling with purchases lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back