Salutations,

Googled search for ironman hulkbuster reference lead to this gem of community filled with fantastic talent and people, hoping to contribute to the community.

Hi! I've been a long time lurker and recently decided to sign up. The RPF has been an invaluable resource over the years for my prop making hobby. I love making all kinds of things from simple props like the rosary from Boondock Saints to extremely complex items like my scratch built Ghostbusters proton pack. I'll try and post some pics of my past projects and look forward to joining the discussion!

Howdy all. I'm a cosplayer and model builder currently living in Florida. I'm currently 80% through a lighted AMT Millennium Falcon and almost happy with my Jayne cosplay. Honored to meet all of you and look forward to getting to know you! DSC07487.JPGDSC07489.JPGDSC07490.JPGEtherealVisions11701147_662744237194853_7316112068773183254_n.jpg

Hello all!
I've ended up on the RPF many times in the past while researching techniques for my costumes and finally decided to join and get more involved here, it seems like an awesome community of people!
I've been making costumes since about 2009 and have gotten more ambitious in the last few years. I try to challenge myself in new ways with each costume.
I have some pretty big plans for my next costume and hopefully can find some helpful information here and share in what I've learned as well.
I'm in Georgia, USA and build costumes for myself and my husband. We attend about 4 or 5 conventions annually.
One of my favorite costumes that I've made so far is Malthael from Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. It had a lot of new things I hadn't encountered yet and though it was grueling and very mentally and emotionally taxing, I finished it and am so proud every time I see it!
(Shown also is my Crusader) Photos by Photosnxs / Jayce Williams
0000001.jpg01.jpg

I look forward to being involved in this community. Thank you!

Hello everyone ! I live in a house of movie fanatics. We are looking for zombie stuff !

Hi everybody! I've been on the Dented Helmet for awhile now, and prop building has become a serious interest with me. Hope to expand my knowledge here!

Hi guys, I am a long time lurker and decided it was finally time to sign up. It seems every time I have a question on my builds Google would land me here with the answer. So I thought I would now sign up to get some ideas on future builds. I pretty much do all my building for my dog, Penny Bark-Bark, you might be familiar with her Stormtrooper costume. I am actually in the middle or rebuilding this one and I am also going to be build an ep7 version.
ST-Contest4-Name.jpg

[WIP] Hello, just call me Illest.. I'm from Montreal, Quebec Canada I've stumbled upon this site a few times in my creative processes, but the main reason for me signing up is cus I made my first cosplay and I need a place to share it (also Adam Savage suggested this forum lol) so here it is my first Cosplay... Gears of War Cog Soldiergearsillest.jpg5.JPG4.jpg

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi All,

Long time lurker, decided it was time to join so i can find like minded people.

Many epic builds hope to add one of my own soon.

From the land down under
Cheers Robert

Hi all! I came here looking for how to put together my Netflix Black Dardevil costume and have really appreciated all the research you all have collected! Hoping to maybe snag a mask too from a member here.

Hey everybody! I'm a total amateur with close to no experience making props whatsoever, but I've recently become inspired thanks in part to the awesome community here! I can't wait to develop my skills with making awesome movie props and helping others with whatever I can!

One day, I will be like Adam Savage if it kills me.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but I'm really excited about this community. I love building props, especially scratch-built ones. I've been building models since I was a kid, and I can't wait to start my next project. My interests in prop building are Star Wars and Fallout. I love the Fallout universe and lore, and I'm working on a vault 101 suit, as well as some wastelander gear!

1435580381861.jpg

1435977846559.jpg

received_846006702102366.jpeg

Hello all my name is Eddie and I live in Florida. Moved here from Kentucky 18 years ago. My hobbie is Duracoating/Cerakoting firearms... Love movies and love to look all the projects on this site. Like a behind the scenes tour here!! Found this place looking for info on my Rick Grimes season 3 outfit. I am having a TWD season 6 premier party at my house with a video game bus. It has 5 60" Smart TVs to watch it on. Got me a real 6" stainless Python a few months ago and it inspired me to do a nice replica outfit. Anyhow keep up the good work as I am very intertained with everything here.

Thanks for listening

Hillbilly

Last edited:
Hello! One of the guys at EGX (UK) yesterday did a panel on making costumes and props and recommended this site as a great place to get started. I'm in the middle of a Mando build to join the Mandalorian Mercs but I really would like to try a few other costumes too but using EVA and love the idea of Pepakura which I'd not really heard of until yesterday! This site looks great for inspiration and tips for newbies like me. I hope to have something to contribute when I get up to speed but for now, I'll be lurking and reading :)

Howdy! Name's Lance. Been a long time RPF fan on FB. Been "trying" to build stuff for a while. Last major thing was converting a Nerf Wildfire to the blue version of the gravity gun from HL2 in... 2010? I think... or '09. Anyway, even though I'm within driving distance of some of the best prop builders in Atlanta, I'm a random nobody. So I figured I'd sign up here and figure out how to scratch together a very ambitious Dark Jedi cosplay by Dragon Con next year. The biggest hurdle is going to be the asymmetrical helmet/mask (haven't decided yet). I look forward to seeing and learning from these fantastic builds!

Hello, everyone!

I found this place when I decided to craft a spun aluminum shield to decorate our home's rec room as an Avengers themed kid's space/ adult hangout. I may need to craft a few more items to hang on the wall also after reading through all the cool and fun projetcs this group is working on!

Hey Guys,

I'm very new to all of this and recently in the past few months wanted to start making my own costumes. I have been doing some research on costume making, helmet making and so on. I will be starting a project on a Kylo Ren helmet for my Halloween costume hopefully very soon. I'm a little overwhelmed with everything that goes into this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm willing to learn anything there is to make my own costumes in anyway. I've recently download the pepakura program, but I still have a lot to learn about it. I downloaded the free version and I assume it doesn't come with all the bells and whistle to make this an easy project. Again any tips would be awesome. Thanks guys

Hi ! My name is Howard and am actively involved on TDH and BSN so I try and keep my screen name the same for each. I have a Star Wars Biker Scout that is 99% done and am working on a Prototype Boba Fett as well. I also have a Resident Evil Umbrella Soldier costume I enjoy wearing. Next in line will be a Dark Knight Joker. Screen name is from my car 2001 Firehawk - not a love of birds. Project wise I have just learned how to make silicone molds and have cast a Vektor Cp 1 as my first project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back