Hi everyone! I am brand spanking new to this whole hobby, a lifestyle for others. I was looking into making some Captain America stuff and came across this forum. Seems to be a lot of knowledge to be found here! Since I have found this forum, I have started on the Captain America helmet....supposed to be an easier one to start with...not so much for me lol. I guess it will come with time. I am having a lot of trouble with scaling premade templates. I have watched dozens of videos on scaling pepakura templates but that doesn't help me understand it. When one of the dimensions are changed such as the width, it changes the height and depth too. So can anyone help me with how to properly scale these? Thanks for the help!

Hello Everyone and thanks for the add. Keen prop & costume maker from Sunny Scotland. Interested it doing Star Wars, Dredd & Mad Max costumes. Any advice would be greatly received. Cheers Dave

Hi lads
im from England and found this sight via Adam savage on YouTube. Absolutely obsessed with the Bourne films and Indiana jones but willing to give other films a try as well. I'm working on some basic stuff ATM, mainly Bourne identity kit. That's me basically..........

Howdy all,

This site is amazing and I am excited and looking forward to participate in the discussion/builds. I found this site by researching ideas on a costume that I have in mind which will include Tony Stark flight stabilizer. I have not done anything of this manner, so looking forward to the experience. There are some very creative minds wondering around this forum and cannot wait to see other projects going on.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this site. Have a great day.

Jeff

Hi! I'm new here and I heard about this site from CommanderHolly on youtube. I'm really excited to learn how to craft different things and learn techniques that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. :) I've already started looking around and I've learned something new already. I think the idea behind this website is awesome. :) I hope to get into cosplay at some point.

Greetings!

The first prop I ever bought was a crysknife from the Lynch "Dune" movie. When it was confirmed that it was an ACTUAL prop from the movie, I became fascinated by the idea of owning something that was actually used on screen. But, there are so few of them, and so little in my wallet. That's when I met a friend who was a hobby prop replicator; he was just delving into making prosthetics (Star Trek DS9 was hugely popular at the time). I'd love to eventually have a permanent space to start my own hobby, but until then I'm content to buy the hard work of others!

Hey everyone i new to this i joined this site because i love shoes an i think i will come up with some new ideas for shoes thanks for letting me join look forward to learning new ideas

Hi! I've been a SF&F fan all my life, but have never before done any sort of hobby construction. Last year for Halloween, my son (3yrs at the time) wanted to be Wall-E for Halloween, and I thought "what the heck," and made him a pretty nice (for a first time "cosplay" builder, and if I do say so myself) costume from cardboard, glue, and paint.

The other day, he mentioned the costume and how much fun he had. He then announced that this year he wanted to be Ultra Magnus of the transformers--and wanted me to dress up this time, as Optimus Prime.

"I'd better get started early this year," I thought.

So I've been doing a lot of surfing on Google and on Youtube on cosplay, or making armor with cardboard, or EVA foam, or other materials. I'm excited, but a bit overwhelmed. I thought I'd better join a community to get help, advice, and encouragement. So here I am. Who knows, if this project turns out as fun as I think it could, maybe this will turn into a long-term hobby.

Hi, I Have been doing small props over the years , both replicas and film used props for my little studio and others.
Far from being the best and still learning every day. I am actually a producer and director and prop making is somewhat of a hobby and something i had to learn over the years to lower cost on productions on the small scale.

Some of my film work was with Ubisoft Montreal, TV shows in the US. I have also had several festival participation in the last 5 years.

At this point prop making for me is just this very fun hobby and a way for me to grow my personal prop collection.

My personal collection includes some props from Assassins creed, halo, batman series, nightmare on elm street, friday the 13th and more.
And our house has several screen used props including some of the gold coins from the first pirates of the caribbean film and one of the postal letter from the grinch live action movie and more to come.

Hello everybody. My name is David "ErMaC" I am new to The RPF but I am a 405th member. I've been making costumes and props for about 2 years now and I have found that it is gong to be my life long hobby. I am mainly interested in cardstock with pepakura. Here is my first suit. I will be watching visiting the RPF very often

IMG_4614.JPG IMG_4606.JPG IMG_4572.JPGFacebook-20150809-071844.jpg Facebook-20150809-071910.jpg IMG_4659.JPG

Hi, I was rececently at the Toronto prop party and had a great time, I met a lot of great people and saw some amazing props! I've been a member(viewer) of the RPF for about a year now, just looking and not contributing. I thought it was about time that changed.

I've been making costumes and props for the last three years, I started with a half scale TARDIS and my most recent work in project is the 1989 Ninja Turtles.

This is a picture of my daughter and I

groots.jpg

Hello everyone. I am Bob, just got signed up and I'm still a little disoriented. Most of my projects so far have been a little rough, I just tried to figure stuff out myself. Hoping this forum will help me do better. so far I have made a Transformers Soundwave costume, Buzz Lightyear, Dr. Doom, a Warcraft Orc and Evil BurgerKing. I'll be posting pictures soon as I figure out how.

I found this forum a few years ago, but didn't really do much with it other than look at what people were building. Then I built my own Mass Effect N7 costume for Halloween using the Narayas templates (after hunting on the Internet Archive to find them). I think I've got the costuming bug, and well, that's why I'm creating an account.

Hi everyone, my name is Robert Theodore. Iv just got into model making again, not done any building since i was 12 years old. Im 28 now and have alot more patience and attention to detail than when i was a younger. just finished a bandai 1/72 scale x wing, which i painted with an airbrush. my current project is a AMT/ERTL Falcon Cut-away which im looking to take to a decent somewhat screen accurate (or as close as i can get with my current skill level). Im after a sidewalls kit and any other extras that are avaliable for this kit. look forward to chatting with all you cool people :) and im loving what im seeing on this wicked forum

What is up everyone,
I'm a struggling costumer who is looking to find a community that may help him on his quest to build the characters that he holds close to him so all the world can see their glory (haha!). Really I just want to make kids smile and have a great time. It's the greatest feeling in the world to me. Plus I know adults love well made costumes too. It's a win-win, I'm a young grasshopper with air pockets of time at his disposal that can be used on the arts and crafts towards the ultimate goal of costume making. It's been my dream to join many people who feel the same way, and maybe even rock out together, IN COSTUME! Livin' the dream baby! One of these days...haha.

Yo yo yo! I've been on here for a while and haven't got the guts up to actually make an account till now. I mostly do costumes, but me and some buddies of mine are planning on making fan films eventually!

Hi all. I'm a physics student with an interest in props (obviously), especially ones with animatronics. I am a relative beginner, and am in the middle of working on my first real project: an Audrey 2 Plant, from the Little Shop of Horrors. I'm about to make a post about it in the relevant forum, partly because I am looking for a little bit of advice/reassurance in some areas, and partly because I like to show off. Hope to see you there! In the future, I would really like to build a full-size K9 from Doctor Who - but that's a long way off, I think.

Greetings all!!
I'm new to the cosplay world but making progress towards my first build. I've always been a fan of Halloween and love to go all out when dressing up. I recently missed my opportunity to go to Comic Con here in SD because my costume wasn't anywhere near finished. No worries though, that just means I'll have two to wear for Halloween this year! Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all and learning as much as I can from everyone. My first two builds that I'm working on are Red Hood and Arkham Knight from the new game. I'll be posting pics of my progress soon. Looking forward to any opinions/advice from the community.

Hi there this is Adam from the UK

Just joined the group after a while of lurking and looking at projects to start. I have recently got back into model making after going to Uni, working (Audio Visual Technician), and getting married (all those distractions). I’ve also recently began collecting film props so this is the place where the two interests naturally combine.

I am currently building the DeAgostini studio replica Falcon and am about to pull the trigger (pun intended) on building a kit version of the Blade Runner blaster so will be hitting the forums for resources and advice on that.

In the future I want to tackle the ZF-1 from the 5th Element and start the lifelong dream of building a full size r/c R2-D2

Well that’s my little intro done, see you on the forums!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back