New Hunter Reporting for Duty........Sir. Update pg 11.

Just for fun :)

tree2.jpg

tree2.jpg

O.K guys here is a little update for you all.

I managed to get myself some variouse bird skulls from Ebay and they look real good for size. I need to strengthen them up now.

suitpred001-2.jpg

Here is a update pic of Murray, Still in the works.

suitpred007-2.jpg

And here is a pic of all the variouse bones and skulls together.

suitpred008-8.jpg

suitpred001-2.jpg

suitpred007-2.jpg

suitpred008-8.jpg

woah! *keels over from the awesomness* i love the way we can see both your eyes with your mask too! some gold contacts or something would work lurrrrrvley.

Thanks guys.

Yauja Warrior: The middle skull on the necklace is a Toad skull from a sci-fi plastic kit. i.e build your own toad skeleton etc.

Whow! That looks good..
To strengthen the skulls which I use I'm using a specific table varnish which is used in most restaurants and cafeteria to protect tables.
It looks like a 2 way mixture which has to mixed properly (take at least 5-10 minutes to stir!!) and it will become rockhard.. HOEHA!! Used it on a very fragile skull and fragile skull
and now its very strong..

Use the bird skulls lad..it will give your predator a specific edge...

Wow this is great! I'm making a fanfilm in the uk with super cheap costumes but i'm starting to work on a decent suit to follow up and this is a big help. Can i ask what paints did you used for head/skin and what primer etc, also where did you get your netting? Excuse my childlike exitement I'm a total noob on this and you're inspiring me!
Cheers

Hello TDJC.

First off: Thanks.

Seckondly: I usualy use a mixture of different paints but when it comes to a movable part like skin I just mix normal Acrylic paint into a dish or bowl with some normal liquid latex, a quick stir then paint on etc. I usualy paint the cream flesh parts first then while still wet I apply the black areas making shure the two do not run into each other. Once dry I drybrush a little bit of Brown into the black to cream areas to blend it all together, Then I add a few black spots here and there etc, just anouth to make it interesting. Once all dry I give it a thin coat of clear varnish to mimic a wet look. After this its just nit picking here and there etc.

As for the netting it was given to me by my brother in laws farther. He said he found it while on a walk.....He said its a fox hunting net.....Its very flexible but still strong and the best thing its black so I did not need to dye it etc.

Hope this helps. :lol:

Hello TDJC.

First off: Thanks.

Seckondly: I usualy use a mixture of different paints but when it comes to a movable part like skin I just mix normal Acrylic paint into a dish or bowl with some normal liquid latex, a quick stir then paint on etc. I usualy paint the cream flesh parts first then while still wet I apply the black areas making shure the two do not run into each other. Once dry I drybrush a little bit of Brown into the black to cream areas to blend it all together, Then I add a few black spots here and there etc, just anouth to make it interesting. Once all dry I give it a thin coat of clear varnish to mimic a wet look. After this its just nit picking here and there etc.

As for the netting it was given to me by my brother in laws farther. He said he found it while on a walk.....He said its a fox hunting net.....Its very flexible but still strong and the best thing its black so I did not need to dye it etc.

Hope this helps. :lol:

Hey. Thanks for that. I'm starting my first paint job this week so thats just what i needed! Does the varnish restrict movement of the mandibles at all or does it keep its flexibility? Also can i double check how many coats of latex you used for the body skin? Sorry to keep asking questions mate!
Cheers :lol:

awesome suit, really is. couple of questions,
1: cannon, plz god tell me it still fires! and also you gonna extend the control wire to the wrist?
2: what you using for varnish on the mask/suit?

i really should charge my camera up ad start taking some photo's

Hi Guys. Well For coats all you need realy it to mimic a wet feel/look so I belive I only applied two maybey three coats in total. As for mandable restriction, no mate...... The varnish does not restrict my mandables. Its still flexible but still gives the wet feel/look.

The cannon: It no longer fires and yes I will be extending the wire to my left arm or thigh.

As for what Varnish am I using: its just a normal everyday wood varnish from a DIY store. Just remember to not apply it to thickley.

Hope this helps :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back