New Hunter Reporting for Duty........Sir. Update pg 11.

Joker Laugh

Jr Member
Hi Guy's :)

Well after being a fan of the Predator films for many years I finnaly decided to focus on making a unique Pred Suit. I have been looking all over the place for variouse materials to buy to get started etc and so far so good.

I am desighning a new Hunter with referances to the other pred films. I am making a few sketches in the mean time so I will be adding them soon to show you all what I am aiming for.

I will keep adding updates to this topic as they come to document my progress. This is my 1st time making a scratchbuilt suit so any help or advice will be greatley appriciated.

Thanks,

Frank. :D

O.K here is the 1st pic, I have bought a rubber latex head mask with some dreadlocks. I am still preparing this i.e cutting holes for eyes etc.

suitpred013.jpg

Is Acrylic paint the best way to paint these ? and whats the best glue to use to fix jowels and teeth, superglue of glue from a glue gun ?.

suitpred013.jpg

Thanks Brandon.

O.K next bit is making a neck brace.

Because the latex head does not have a neck brace like all the other preds out there I will be making one to glue to the pred head.

Here is some washing line wire I bought from Woolworths.

suitpred004.jpg

I then desided to wrap and glue to a old bowl roughtley the same length as what I needed.

suitpred008.jpg

I kept wraping and gluing as I went and once I reached the top of the bowl I coverd the whole thing with PVA glue to add a bit of strength.

Once dry I made a cut in the back where the neckbrase started and finnished and carefully peeled off the neckbrace.

suitpred012.jpg

Once off I coverd the other side in PVA glue and added some wooden supports (i.e a lollystick and some wooden matches with their heads removed).

suitpred004.jpg

suitpred008.jpg

suitpred012.jpg

Thanks guy's.

Well the top of the head needed padding out and I needed to have something to fit to my head so I bought a cycle helmet from the store that I work at. Luckily it fitted fine so knowing I will need a strong magnet for the bio later on I glued in a extra strong magnet into the main centre hole of the helmet.

suitpred002.jpg

Once dry I squeezed in the Helmet into the pred mask and placed it where it needs to be so

1/ it fits my head.
2/ I can keep eye contact with the eyes in the mask.
3/ padds out the pred head on top.
4/ Has a strap to tighten mask to my head via my chin.

For shape I dont think I could have picked a better helmet.

Here is a pic of it in place.

suitpred006.jpg

suitpred002.jpg

suitpred006.jpg

Now was a good opertunity to start work on the dreads.

The deads I got with the mask are good but not brilliant, most look like bad pulls or are starting to rot so I am having to fill in the holes with no nails glue then re-paint and seal to try and protect as best as I can. This will take me some time because there is well over 40 dreads to take care of.

Only a few selected (bigger) dreads have the beads on them so I will be making some new ones. I bought a childs minature golf plastic set for the long hollow tubes so I can cut them to shape then work them with details and then glue them into possition.

I suppose I am going for the Pred 2 type beads where they all look defferent.

Here is the tubes.

suitpred007.jpg

This is them cut to shape.

suitpred009.jpg

suitpred007.jpg

suitpred009.jpg

Great idea for the dreads and neck ring, I might use your idea when the time comes. lol. What color are you planning for the paint scheme?

Hi Guy's.

Well for colour scheme I have always been a sucker for the original Pred but I do like the Pred 2 also but I think P1 is the way to go. I will be making the P2 style hair tho with new scratchbuilt armour etc. I have a few sketches I'll upload soon (concept desighns etc).

Next Up is the lower mandables. I came up with a concept that if I get some stirdy wire (coathanger etc) and bent it into shape so it held in the tooth bend around the jowel and come through the mask and have a small ball attached to the end that I can place into my mouth when I go to take off the visor and close my mouth the wire will contract making the lower jowels open hence a Pred roar.

Here is a pic of the lower jowels. Please remember if you are going to do this to attach a soft plastic ball to the end of the wire before you put the mask back on or in your mouth because you could seriousley hurt yourself.

I bent the wire around the jowels, Added a peice of sturdy wood inside to keep it in place then filled it with no nails glue and left to dry.

suitpred008-1.jpg

Once dry I fed the wire through the mask, added the plastic balls and glued in place.

Here is a pic of the head on a new base I am working on to display it when not in use.

suitpred004-1.jpg

suitpred008-1.jpg

suitpred004-1.jpg

I like the idea for the moving mandibles. Keep us posted on how it works.

A word of advice: the mouth area is sculpt like...well, you know.
Cut out the very center section. It will aid in breathing quite a bit.

Example is with my mask.
You kinda see what I mean in my mask thread

Thanks for the info mate. I did make a small hole so I could shove a straw in there if I need a drink etc but I might make it a bit bigger to breath :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back