New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

$500 is too rich for my blood, but perhaps my feelings will change as the character develops…

Sean

Is it horrible I just can't get into the Hasbro FX sabers? I just can't get into them. I feel they're overpriced and oversized.

Now those basic toy versions. I love those. Cheap fun.

Is it horrible I just can't get into the Hasbro FX sabers? I just can't get into them. I feel they're overpriced and oversized.

To each their own.

Not all of them are oversized.

To me it's a matter of preference from hilt to hilt. Some designs I'll shell out the $500-$1000 and do my own install. If I don't feel as much like I need a perfect replica, I'll pay $270 for the FX.

I'm proud of my frankenstein's monster of a collection. I have Romans, Phoenix, Galaxy's Edge, and Hasbro and I love them all.

I've been saying that for years and always faced backlash on this forum for it ...

The original concept art drawing developed into the Qui-Gon saber and this one. That saber was ribbed.
I don't think I've seen the concept art, could you find a link to it?

Hasbro Pulse is having a sale on in-stock items until 06/06, this includes the Rey and Palpatine sabers.

Screenshot_20220602-101211.jpg

Hasbro Pulse is having a sale on in-stock items until 06/06, this includes the Rey and Palpatine sabers.

View attachment 1582558
I got there email this morning and was happy to see the Rey lightsaber. I have been wanting to add that one to my color for some time but was waiting for a good deal. So I figured this was it and flipped the switch.

Overall I was always pretty happy with what it looked like but I think the emitter doors on both the open and closed caps look a little too plastic. But I think a simple dark acrylic wash might help.

Indepth look at the The Reva lightsaber. The prototype they had at Celebration is a plastic version.

I'm not very optimistic about it reaching the 5000 goal. One week later and it still hasn't reached 1000. Haslab campaigns tend to slow down after a while. Without any unlockable tier perks, I don't expect to see sudden surges in backers. Here's hoping people end up loving the character. Maybe after the final episode airs there will be more interest.

Someone in Australia managed to get the Leia saber early.

A couple of really unusual things. The battery holder is screwed into the hilt. One of the screws on the grips is functional. I don't know why Hasbro thought this was necessary.

The secondary effects button is also disguised as a screw on the grips. The grips are also plastic instead of metal.

The colors on the Hasbro emitter flaps are correct though. It actually looks really close to the real prop.
It got a little thick for the electronics in spots, but overall the saber is really nice.

The colors on the Hasbro emitter flaps are correct though. It actually looks really close to the real prop.
It got a little thick for the electronics in spots, but overall the saber is really nice.

I‘d love to see some photos if you got some or point me in the right direction.

Ultimately it wasn’t the color that bothered me but the plastic appearance. I guess it goes hand in hand with my personal preference to collect and build replicas that often skew to idealized over production prop accuracy. However I also think knowledge is important about the real prop in order to help me make my decisions. Maybe I can find a happy medium.

I‘d love to see some photos if you got some or point me in the right direction.

Ultimately it wasn’t the color that bothered me but the plastic appearance. I guess it goes hand in hand with my personal preference to collect and build replicas that often skew to idealized over production prop accuracy. However I also think knowledge is important about the real prop in order to help me make my decisions. Maybe I can find a happy medium.

Nothing I can show. I worked on the paint job for that saber for Hasbro.
I've worked on several Black Series pieces for them, sabers and helmets.

Depends on the model. The Luke ANH and Darth Vader ANH Force FX ones are basically exactly like the Master Replicas versions. Darth Maul's seems fine, Obi-Wan Ep1 is good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back