New Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak by Wow! Stuff

a438980

I saw a little teaser info for this a few months ago and was nervous as to whether their product would be even close to looking screen-accurate or if it would be some basic green screen cloth with some random Harry Potter design on the opposite side.

From what I’ve seen about it online, and from THIS ARTICLE it looks like they really did try to make this look and work like the real prop. It’s already for sale in Barnes and Noble stores in the US and OTHER STORES in the UK.

Has anyone seen or bought one of these yet, and if so then can anyone tell if the “deluxe” version seems to have any differences from the actual prop on display in Leavesden?

preordered the deluxe Must have for the trunk

Consider me green with envy! I'll admit that the different versions I have read about has left me a bit confused as to how many versions and sets are available, as well as what is in each set. If I understand right there are 3 versions/sets either for sale or WILL be for sale in the near future:

1 - Standard Edition Cloak: The Invisibility Cloak with a stand for your smartphone to sit in.

2 - Deluxe Edition Cloak: Similar to the Standard edition, but supposedly with a higher-quality material for the cloak and some sort of serpent pattern along the front border.

3 - Deathly Hallows Collection: Includes Cloak (standard or deluxe quality?), a Wow! Stuff light painting Elder Wand, and a Gaunt family ring (that may either be the ring by itself, the ring in an open snitch display, or just the stone from the ring as a brooch/badge)

I'm really surprised to see the ring as part of the last set since I would have assumed Noble Collection would throw a hissy fit that now theirs won't be the only official version. Not sure why there are different "options" for the resurrection stone ring, but I would LOVE it if the snitch display was able to open and close. That alone would almost be worth the price for me. I've sent out a couple of e-mails to try to figure out the ring confusion, but no answers as of yet.

Consider me green with envy! I'll admit that the different versions I have read about has left me a bit confused as to how many versions and sets are available, as well as what is in each set. If I understand right there are 3 versions/sets either for sale or WILL be for sale in the near future:

View attachment 1036995 View attachment 1036996
1 - Standard Edition Cloak: The Invisibility Cloak with a stand for your smartphone to sit in.

View attachment 1036997
2 - Deluxe Edition Cloak: Similar to the Standard edition, but supposedly with a higher-quality material for the cloak and some sort of serpent pattern along the front border.

View attachment 1036998 View attachment 1036999
3 - Deathly Hallows Collection: Includes Cloak (standard or deluxe quality?), a Wow! Stuff light painting Elder Wand, and a Gaunt family ring (that may either be the ring by itself, the ring in an open snitch display, or just the stone from the ring as a brooch/badge)

I'm really surprised to see the ring as part of the last set since I would have assumed Noble Collection would throw a hissy fit that now theirs won't be the only official version. Not sure why there are different "options" for the resurrection stone ring, but I would LOVE it if the snitch display was able to open and close. That alone would almost be worth the price for me. I've sent out a couple of e-mails to try to figure out the ring confusion, but no answers as of yet.
Any Reply on the snitch question?

Any Reply on the snitch question?

Unfortunately not yet. I asked them 3 questions about the ring & stone that I'm REALLY hoping to get answered:

1 - Are there 3 different options, and if so then there a way to tell which version is in the package being purchased?

2 - Is the ring and/or stone made of plastic?

3 - Is the stone at least semitransparent?

As soon as I get the answer then I'll post the answers here.

Unfortunately not yet. I asked them 3 questions about the ring & stone that I'm REALLY hoping to get answered:

1 - Are there 3 different options, and if so then there a way to tell which version is in the package being purchased?

2 - Is the ring and/or stone made of plastic?

3 - Is the stone at least semitransparent?

As soon as I get the answer then I'll post the answers here.
Please let us know... Thank you so much

I emailed Smyths Toys back in June about the Deathly Hallows Collection snitch, and they replied with this:

"We can confirm that there is one Resurrection Stone included and this can be set 3 different ways. The snitch is only available as open for display."

So it does come with all three options, and the stone can be removed and placed into the 3 different settings.

Hope this helps!

I ordered two of the standard versions and two deluxe. They should be here in about a month and a half.

I emailed Smyths Toys back in June about the Deathly Hallows Collection snitch, and they replied with this:

"We can confirm that there is one Resurrection Stone included and this can be set 3 different ways. The snitch is only available as open for display."

So it does come with all three options, and the stone can be removed and placed into the 3 different settings.

Hope this helps!

I’m still waiting on responses for when I e-mailed Wow! Stuff and Smyth’s Toys, but this does answer the “options” questions. On Monday Smyths response was that their buying team would be contacting the supplier for answers. All that’s left to find out about the materials for the ring and stone, although now I’m also wondering how the stone can actually stay in each display option securely.

I’m still waiting on responses for when I e-mailed Wow! Stuff and Smyth’s Toys, but this does answer the “options” questions. On Monday Smyths response was that their buying team would be contacting the supplier for answers. All that’s left to find out about the materials for the ring and stone, although now I’m also wondering how the stone can actually stay in each display option securely.

Judging by the pictures I'm guessing the stone clips into place for each setting, so it will fit securely. It's a luxury item so I don't think they'd make the resurrection stone flimsy.

Finally got a response, along with a couple of pictures they sent:

Q: The pictures show that there are 3 different options for the ring: The ring itself, the ring in an open snitch display, and the stone as a brooch. Does this mean that the product may contain just one of these 3 "options", and if so then is there any way to tell which "option" is in the box I buy?

A: It's just the ring itself included in this first edition collection. The cloak is also the deluxe movie accurate version.

Q: Also, is the ring and stone in it made of plastic?

A: It isn’t plastic, the ring is made of Zinc Alloy with detailed gold metallic finish, it’s suitable for display and is movie accurate.

Q: And finally, is the stone a solid color or is it at least kind of translucent?

A: The stone is slightly translucent at certain angles, please find photos attached.

We hope this clarifies things for you!

If you have any further queries, please be sure to contact us.

Best wishes,

Leticia
Customer Services Dept
Smyths Toys Superstores

0DBBAFC2-3433-40F7-A6F6-401F1BFD88A2.jpeg0257F01E-5319-4749-AC73-C67D8327442C.jpeg

I am really curious if anyone know how this cloak compares to the one Museum Replicas released. I don't care about the app and would want to try and unstitch the green inside if possible. It looks more shiny than the one M.R. released which is good.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back