New Cyberman screencaps

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by AnsonJames, May 13, 2006.

1. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Sr Member

I think these will interest some of you - these new designs are really top notch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Blad

Blad Sr Member

I loved the way some of the close-ups on the BBC 3 Dr. Who Confidential showed bubbles and pinpricks. Nice to see the professionals making small errors.

I do like the way that the classic Dr. Who enemies are being re-worked. These Cybermen are born again hard.

3. burningman

burningman Well-Known Member

without the head pipes they almost look like some version of Iron Man..I really like these.

4. xeno

xeno Well-Known Member

these are from the official bbc website

www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

I think these are awsome Cyberman, they really did a great job designing these,
    and still retain the old look in a way :)

can't wait to see part two
    wish I could see the BBC3 docu's, I'll wait until it's available for download..sigh

Xeno

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ah just what I needed...

6. SPDOmegaRanger

SPDOmegaRanger Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(burningman @ May 13 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1243794[/snapback]</div>
    same here i reckon they would make great iron man armor, either way love the design and they strike more terror than the old ones ever did

7. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The Cyber-Controller:

[​IMG]

8. karstva

karstva Well-Known Member

Those are some awesome screencaps, thanks for posting all of those, wonderful, I haven't watched it yet but will be here very shortly.

Karsten

9. dano

dano Well-Known Member

It's a really good episode. :D

I was quite surprised at how nimble the guys were able to move about in the suits, I think they looked so much better in motion than in the initial photos released.

10. karstva

Just finished watching, rockin episode. I can't wait to see part 2. The week is going to drag :)

Karst

11. greatwazoo42

greatwazoo42 Sr Member

I can't wait to see the Cybercontroller, I think he's the "prototype" we see out of focus in the opening sequences of the ep. I wonder if their "creator" (the grumpy dude int he wheel chair) will become one of them or one of their victims?

12. gonk27

gonk27 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ May 14 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]1244087[/snapback]</div>
    oooh I missed that issue, very nice photo.

C-3PO's evil cousin, the black sheep of the family. :p

Jeremy

13. Cyberman

Cyberman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So who making one then? :D

Cyb.

14. greatwazoo42

greatwazoo42 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ May 17 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1245711[/snapback]</div>
    I figured you were.

15. MacFarc

MacFarc New Member

Fantastic.
    Just what the Doctor Ordered :)

Can get on order a stack load of clay for the latest project :)

16. Roughneckone

Roughneckone Sr Member

Here are some design sketches for the new Cyberman:-

[​IMG]

Hope they are of some interest..

Roughneckone

17. Clone-extra1

Clone-extra1 Well-Known Member

I'm working on making a K9 out of foam core board for display, and when I'm done I'm thinking of doing the same for a Cyberman. It's new for me, since I've never made any costumes specifically for display.

18. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Clone-extra1 @ May 17 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]1245977[/snapback]</div>
    I'm working on a K9 too here http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=110048

I've got some information on my site listed in the thread on some parts, and links to the Doctor Who builder site which has a lot of great information too.

19. Clone-extra1

Clone-extra1 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Kerr Avon @ May 17 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]1246006[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, great resourse. It's what made me want to make one. Thanks for putting it up.

20. Obi Sean Kenobi

Obi Sean Kenobi Well-Known Member

Looks like rub n buff on there.
    Is this show going to be available on DVD here in the US?
    OSK

21. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Last season is going to be available on DVD in the US July. I'm sure next seasons will be a year from now.

22. Cyberman

<div class='quotetop'>(Obi Sean Kenobi @ May 18 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1246315[/snapback]</div>
    Apparently you can down load the DR WHO CONFIDENTIAL feature on this story... Don't know where though.

For anyone interested in recreating this costume or jointly recreating this costume, the originals where sculpted in clay over a full body cast. Silicone molds where then made with a fibre glass supporting shell.

Cyb.

23. Roughneckone

Roughneckone Sr Member

You might also be interested to know that according to what I've read (I'm in the UK) the first season of Dr Who is now being transmitted each Friday night in the U.S. on the Sci Fi Channel.

24. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Obi Sean Kenobi @ May 18 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1246315[/snapback]</div>
    It's Fiberglass with Aluminium powder as far as I know...

25. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

That design kicks *..

26. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeh they are cold cast, in the edition of the Radio Times with the Cyber Controller on the cover theres a 2 page breakdown on the Cyber Suit, for the helmet it mentions they used resin with Aluminium brushed into the moulds and then fiberglassed behind that, once there out of the moulds it goes through various grades of sandpaper, wet n dry and finally metal polish, its a great finish

27. karstva

If you want the DVD's now you can go to Whona.com I got them when they were released in canada. Its the same ones the US will be getting in July.

K

28. Roughneckone

Roughneckone Sr Member

Anyone who's interested in the New Cyberman costume should pick up a copy of Volume Two of Sci.fi and Fantasy Modeller (on sale from today), to quote from their on-site blurb:-
    <div class='quotetop'></div>
    Sounds like a must have for all New Cyberman enthusiasts.

Regards
    Roughneckone

29. Cyberman

I believe though that THIS PLANET EARTH have the rights to sell castings from the original moulds.

For those considering sculpting from scratch... good luck but it might all be in vain a bit later when this company releases the pulls from the screen moulds.

The company can be found on www.thisplanetearth.co.uk if you want to enquire about it personally.

Cheers

Cyb.

30. Cyberman

I've spoke to soon. I've received pics of this wonderful fan made Cyberhelmet... Heres a teaser ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cyb.

31. Roughneckone

Roughneckone Sr Member

Hi all, :D

Thought you guys might be interested in a shot from July's DHM showing shots of the Cybermen toting "weapons", from the series 2 final Ep's (12 + 13 , Army of Ghosts and Doomsday). I think they look great, wonder who's going to be the first to offer these?
    [​IMG]
    Regards
    Roughneckone

32. Reactor drone

Reactor drone Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Obi Sean Kenobi @ May 18 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1246315[/snapback]</div>

From what I've read the suits are fibreglass with the outer layers impregnated with aluminium powder so that they can be buffed up to give the metallic look.Millenium FX were the guys that made them.

I'm going to be making a suit for a convention in late october so I'm just collecting more reference pics at the moment and scaling it out.

33. terryr

terryr Sr Member

34. Roughneckone

Roughneckone Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(terryr @ Jul 2 2006, 04:04 AM) [snapback]1272350[/snapback]</div>
    Actually the Cybermen article is in their second issue.