New BMF coming

The FineMolds 1/72 Turret

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

J

Ahh.. So the thing behind the window does curve with the window...just has another armor plate above that...ahhh..Going to cut my falcon up now! :)
The TONY window replacement is a bit tricky..cause when you cut out the old window..you don't have enough left over to hang the window on...building it back up now! :)

- - - Updated - - -

The FineMolds 1/72 Turret

J
Freaking sweet! We have a winner! THANKS!

I cut off the part that he swivel mount goes into as it was a bit too high.....I've lowered the height of it & will re-attach,...this allowed me to continue the window frame....roughly....dont know if I'll refine it

IMG_1519.jpg

J

I cut off the part that he swivel mount goes into as it was a bit too high.....I've lowered the height of it & will re-attach,...this allowed me to continue the window frame....roughly....dont know if I'll refine it

J
I'd like to see that when you are done... So far I was trying to keep the mount attached...so I dug in underneath it so the window can slide in... once some stuff dries I will be able to see if thats gonna work :)

Looking at the pics posted..it looks lower on the fine molds than it does on the real thing... Are you matching just the fine molds, or do you think its too high for the studio model as well? It's not for me to say based off a few pics.. :)

Those are images of the 5 footer Vacformedhero

J
And that's my point , both are meant to be the 5 footer , but the guns are different , one had a control box inline with guns and sticking above a side on profile , the other in transverse to gun and is below the level of the profile making the gun look lower

And that's my point , both are meant to be the 5 footer , but the guns are different , one had a control box inline with guns and sticking above a side on profile , the other in transverse to gun and is below the level of the profile making the gun look lower

TronGod requested images of the Master Replica (which is a 'replica' of the 32") or the 32"
Thats why I mentioned, to avoid any confusion for him, that the images you posted were of the 5 footer

The images of the 5 footer that you posted also show the Turret as it originally was designed with the swivel mount,.....& after it had got broken & repaired,.....thats why it has a rod in the back of the quad gun & it sits at a funny angle

J

Last edited:
Loving the paintjob Hotshot. Has that had black primer first? looks very nice so far.

I've done a bit the last couple of days, pipe replacing mostly

pipes34web.jpg
Its all wire from a Cooking whisk :) and I made a chisel from a screwdriver to remove the plastic as was recommended in this thread earlier.

Does anyone Know what falcon is on the deagostini magazine cover, it has a couple of extra greeblies and I want to know, are these old pics of the 32" real thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a dark grey base, the progressively lightened it up, gradually decreasing pressure for finer shading. Occasionally, I airbrushed in additional dark panel shading, but really only to combat too heavy a highlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I found my own answer.
the chronicles book has the extra greeblies on its 32" but this one is very slightly different. Did the MR have the detail just in front of the guns?
I had never noticed it until yesterday on that mag.

That's looking really nice spacebob! Just the kind of look I want to achieve on the rear deck.

Someone had asked earlier why a small mechanical screwdriver would be preferred to a flat exacto and for me it's the ability to put a bend into it. I have one that's straight for going downward and another with a good bend in it for getting flat against the surface. It's much easier to get a clean look with the bend and avoids gouging the surface. It's also very easy to shape them with a file as the metal is relatively soft compared to the kind of steel exacto blades and other razor blades are made from. They're also cheap!

Chris

Loving the paintjob @Hotshot. Has that had black primer first? looks very nice so far.

Its all wire from a Cooking whisk :) and I made a chisel from a screwdriver to remove the plastic as was recommended in this thread earlier.

Does anyone Know what falcon is on the deagostini magazine cover, it has a couple of extra greeblies and I want to know, are these old pics of the 32" real thing?

Nice job on the piping Spacebob!!! Your wife will notice that his tool has lost some of his wires, and she won't know how... :lol

Loving the paintjob @Hotshot. Has that had black primer first? looks very nice so far.

View attachment 420667

Where did you get this cooking whisk from? :) (meaning there are a lot of whisks out there..if I can get the same one..that would be cool! )..Nice work

Thanks guys :)
I know its not screen accurate but it will look better when all the little bits are finally glued on and some pipe ends are faked in/on.

@F76 its ok, ithe whisk was from the pound shop so I'm safe. might buy a few more as it is a handy gauge wire about 1.3 mm
it had a colored silicone sheathing on the wire that comes off easy once the wire is cut and was handy for extra detailing.

this is a tough one to get , spool through this link which is meant to be the 5 footer on tour

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC!2981
but when I compare the gun to the image in sculpting the galaxy they look different

Hopefully I'm answering this question correctly. They are the same gun. However, the image in Sculpting A Galaxy is an early image which features the Y shaped yoke connecting the cannon from the sides and the gun as seen now when on tour is missing that yoke as well as the "box" that sits on top of it. However, all the details appear to match, apart from the obvious circular disc on the side shielding where the yoke once connected to it.

I've just checked all the scenes featuring the 5ft Falcon in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi and it seems the gun may have been damaged between the 2 films as the scene from TESB when the Falcon is landing on Bespin you can see the quad gun is sitting level. When I checked the scene in Return of the Jedi where the Falcon loses its radar dish the gun has a lower attitude at the rear making it point higher.

TronGod requested images of the Master Replica (which is a 'replica' of the 32") or the 32"
Thats why I mentioned, to avoid any confusion for him, that the images you posted were of the 5 footer

The images of the 5 footer that you posted also show the Turret as it originally was designed with the swivel mount,.....& after it had got broken & repaired,.....thats why it has a rod in the back of the quad gun & it sits at a funny angle

J
apologies I thought earlier on he was specifically asking for the 5 footer , I had this screen grab from older DVDs I had , and you clarified the difference thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back