New BMF coming

Hey guys, new here and I have two things to say to you.

Firstly, you've all got me into trouble. I got moaned at for bringing home yet another thing that takes up space.

Secondly, thank you! I didn't know this Falcon existed until I found this thread. I was originally going for the Revell kit and a LOT of scratch building, but seeing the size and level of detail on the Hasbro release I changed my mind. That and that it only cost £29.99 at Argos. Picked it up today and realised a 25 year old dream of owning her - had to do the whole "it's not for me" act. I fell in love in nursery class with the original Kenner MF. It was in a worse state than the real thing but heck was she beautiful.

Run into a small problem. I want to get a couple of the DeAgostini mags so I can have those quad guns, but I can't seem to find them. Anyone else in the UK seeing low availability or is it just my town? They were all over the place like a plague last year, but now I need them they've vanished.

Thanks.
You should consider the SHAPEWAY gun parts..Since they are correctly sized for THIS project..and are better! :) Also keep in mind the DeAgostini guns are not the right scale either...

Last edited:
I went out on a hunt to all my local newsagents, second on my route was WH Smiths again. They were in stock this time, seems I went in before they unboxed them this morning. So anyone else looking for this mag may start having luck if they're restocking nationally.
TronGod - Budget is a real issue at the moment, so this one will be scratch built using what I already have (I'm an armour modeller so I have lots of spares for the side walls etc). I plan on doing two more in the future (another MF and a YT1300 variant) for those I'll go to Shapeway as those parts look superb, although if they do come out in resin I'll take that slightly cheaper route.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went out on a hunt to all my local newsagents, second on my route was WH Smiths again. They were in stock this time, seems I went in before they unboxed them this morning. So anyone else looking for this mag may start having luck if they're restocking nationally.
@TronGod - Budget is a real issue at the moment, so this one will be scratch built using what I already have (I'm an armour modeller so I have lots of spares for the side walls etc). I plan on doing two more in the future (another MF and a YT1300 variant) for those I'll go to Shapeway as those parts look superb, although if they do come out in resin I'll take that slightly cheaper route.

Keep in mind..this is the year STAR WARS 7 comes out..and the falcon is in the movie...we will certainly be seeing more falcons...and knowing hasbro they will re-use this falcon again. You never know, some of the missing details might actually be in the next version. Of course, some could be removed too! :)

Having ordered most of the shapeway parts...My budget is already blown :) I'm hard at work on my next Android app...hopefully I will make "FALCON" money! :)

Keep in mind..this is the year STAR WARS 7 comes out..and the falcon is in the movie...we will certainly be seeing more falcons...and knowing hasbro they will re-use this falcon again. You never know, some of the missing details might actually be in the next version. Of course, some could be removed too! :)

I decided as soon as I picked it up that I'd be making a couple of spare dish mounts. One with the original dish, a broken one (you said not a scratch, Lando) and a new rectangular dish. Just hoping we get a few decent views of the new set up, I can't wait a whole year.

I decided as soon as I picked it up that I'd be making a couple of spare dish mounts. One with the original dish, a broken one (you said not a scratch, Lando) and a new rectangular dish. Just hoping we get a few decent views of the new set up, I can't wait a whole year.

Been working on this...

MILLENNIUM FALCON HASBRO RADAR QUAD EP VII.jpg

Heres some images of the Rebel Blockade Runner Dish......Resin kit or CG???? Dunno

4bef783da6565d11b776f316e2515ed4_zps0257aca6.jpg

The filming models dish:

kg_tantive-iv_blockade_runner-043_zps3fe0dbf8.jpg

....almost the same:
i14769b9mmaq_zpsd4672466.jpg

The new CG Ep7 Falcon:
dish_zps5edc0611.jpg

...and the back of the resin dish

i14770b37jn0_zps2f6e6d18.jpg

Don't know if this helps FZ6

J

Ya know it's really gonna need a lowering ramp so it can be displayed in the landed position. It would look odd if we bought Tony's landing gear and not have the ramp down.

Hmmmmm,....who could design a nice Falcon ramp??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Perhaps put it on Shapeways afterwards for eventual resin casting???????????????????????????????????????:cheers:popcorn

Ya know it's really gonna need a lowering ramp so it can be displayed in the landed position. It would look odd if we bought Tony's landing gear and not have the ramp down.

Hmmmmm,....who could design a nice Falcon ramp??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Perhaps put it on Shapeways afterwards for eventual resin casting???????????????????????????????????????:cheers:popcorn

Yes, it was too on my "to do" list.

As soon as possible I will design the boarding ramp. But I will do it with your help. It's so tricky.

And if Mike wants, it can be casted in resin too, of course, for the RPF guys.:thumbsup

Last edited:

Very nice John!

Yes, I've realized on that. The Rebel Blockade Runner has the same kind of quad radar, but is not the same shape.

I think that the back of the Falcon's quad radar has more details. And is more curved. We need some more info...

Thanks for the info.

I posted his on another thread , thought you might be interested in this description of standard dish called out in Haynes manual for millenium falcon which was published 2011

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
I posted his on another thread , thought you might be interested in this description of standard dish called out in Haynes manual for millenium falcon which was published 2011

Yep seen it, but its a different layout to what Tony needs,.....(posted it also #8832)
......I like the look of the squareal

SteveStarkiller has it sussed:
http://deeplyobsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-new-dish.html
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ljtxirpho4o/VHpCZrJA84I/AAAAAAAAOj8/pOHGxYd57qo/s1600/ep7falcon02.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q3o3r9joqlk/VKbkeiPnDKI/AAAAAAAAOsc/a06_y9bzYOg/s1600/Capture2.PNG

J

I would imagine we will be seeing some "TOY" falcons with the new dish popping up in the next few months...

I started chopping up my Falcon tonight and I gotta say, I dunno how you folks do it. I've snapped 4 xacto blades in the process of removing the "landing stubs" and some of the underside recessed pieces.

No lost fingers, though, thank goodness!

I started chopping up my Falcon tonight and I gotta say, I dunno how you folks do it. I've snapped 4 xacto blades in the process of removing the "landing stubs" and some of the underside recessed pieces.

Make soft cuts 1st..then go harder over the original cuts...repeat 100 times.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a cockpit cabin from Shapeways available. Please PM me if interested.
Head's up..tony recently updated that too

I'm finding that hitting the thing with even a regular hairdryer for a minute before cutting made it go really, really easily. The plastic doesn't need to get super hot, and it stays soft long enough to give you a decent amount of working time with cuts.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back