New *big* Guy Looking For Help W/ Suit

LunchboxAz

Hi all, new guy here. Im so greatful for all the tips and huntorials ive found on this site. It's literally something ive been looking for for years so thank you all. My question though I havnt found an answer for, maybe it hasnt come up or my search fu isnt that great.

What tips, tricks, thoughts etc do you guys have for a plus sized person who would like to make a suit. Im 6'3 300 - 330 lbs (depending on the season lol) I dont really have a gut ( i could stand to lose some lbs for sure) but I do have a square frame. They dont make the Mr Incredible suits in my size so thats out. I did find a couple of the spiderman muscle suits that might work, im just not sure if the logo and web detail on the suit is raised or not and if that would be an issue when latexing. Im currently working with a Dr on losing some weight but even when I was younger and skinny I was still big framed. so I dont think that will change much other than my waist size. Any and all help is appreciated.

To make a short post a little longer my idea is to make an elder. I havnt fully decided on half mask w/ bio or full w/ closed mouth and bio (leaning this way). Have some furs maybe a fur half cape sorta thing and some ornate armor bulking up my upper torso and shoulders to disguise my waist some. Ive got alot of ideas regarding the mask and bio design too. Im not great at traditional scuplting so I might have to commision that but I do alot with digital and 3d design so I might be able mock up some stuff in Mudbox.

sorry im a newbe to this site,but if you are finding it hard too find a suit too fit your frame,have you tried a wet suit(thats what im going to use).Then build shape on that with latex.

Here is an idea. Go ahead and get the Mr I suit. Then, find a long sleeve t-shirt and and close fitting pajama type pants. Make sure their loose but not baggy. Now take a pair of scissors to your Mr I suit and cut the muscle sections off. Just cut the suit up in sections. Put your T and pants on your duct tape dummy. Line up the section of your Mr I muscles where you want them and fabric glue them in place. You now have pants and T with Mr I muscle sections stuck on. Latex the whole thing and the "patches" should blend in. Add cotton pads for extra muscles like in the Huntorial and no one should be any the wiser that it is not a full Mr I suit.

Just a thought.

Thats a great idea Director, never thought of that thanks! Im also throwing around the idea a girdle wouldnt be a bad idea.. that might help with some of the midsection.

Carss: I thought about that but for the price its just out of my range.

Im gettin pretty excited, I started sketching out a bio. Im thinking of going with a beast master type theme based off the AVPR bio. Ill try and get the sketches scanned and cleaned up in photoshop and then up for some critiques. Prob. have to commision it out too. Ive been painting miniatures and doing art for years so Im prepared to do all the painting, and Id like to make the suit my self (ie me and a buddy) if it works out but for the gloves, feet, head and bio ill prob have to get custom >.

I'll actually refer you to Big Evil's build..
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=23067
and echo what The Director has that modifying is a good thing to concider. Big Evil used a George of the Jungle costume, he's big. I don't know all of his dimensions but even if you have to do a little modding, a bigger costume of some sort could get you closer to your goal. You may even want to concider non-latexed suits.

That asside, welcome to The Lair. There are a few of us in Arizona lurkin' 'round here.

Mannowar (I think?) Makes a larger sized skin for big dudes. there is also a way to make skins larger to fit around your back if need be.

You might want to message him and see what he can tell you. I am pretty sure he has the largest of the "skins".
I could also be mistaken. Start there.

Goodluck!

masterAnubis: Thanks! Its cool to see another desert rat on here! Im going to look into modding a suit and see what comes of that. Id like to stick with a latex suit as it gives a much better impression of skin than just fabric.

Meangene: Thanks for the tip, Mannowar and I have been messaging each other :)

hey bud, im 6'4 350 ,, i made mine with a wet suit, they come up to 7x , mine is a 6x .... check my gallery, i got few pics and if u want feel free to message me ok...

Hey carpe, nice stuff. We look pretty similar in build. I wont discount the wetsuit just yet so I might just message you if I come up with some questions.

Funny story, found out a buddy of mine has a pred suit and is looking to upgrade it! I had no idea lol. looks like after the holidays were gonna get started together!

Hey, welcome to the lair! And I dont think you should worry about your waist size for a pred costume (By that I mean hiding it) cuz honestly, I think bigger preds look great too hehe. Anyways, I dont really know who you could go to, the others could help you with that. Im also looking forward to having my own pred costume, Im not sure if Im going to make the 'skin' or not, I highly doubt it will turn out well if I did it XD but yeah, I wish you luck on your hunt and cant wait to see what you come up with ^^

If you dont really have a skin pattern in mind for him I can probably help ya with making a concept for that. Although my preds tend to have a more "flashy" look, dunno if youd be going for that. But yeah, good luck and keep us updated! :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence ^_^ I havnt thought a whole lot about skin color, I am thinking id like it to be on the grey/blue grey side of the spectrum so maybe we can collaborate on something. As far as the costume goes Im taking A LOT of inspiration from Elder One's suit. I saw the Apocalypse vid, saw his suit and out loud proclaimed "THATS IT!"

Thanks for the vote of confidence ^_^ I havnt thought a whole lot about skin color, I am thinking id like it to be on the grey/blue grey side of the spectrum so maybe we can collaborate on something. As far as the costume goes Im taking A LOT of inspiration from Elder One's suit. I saw the Apocalypse vid, saw his suit and out loud proclaimed "THATS IT!"

Nice ^^ Im not too sure I've seen that one however, any links you can share? And I mean skin color and patterns X3 Id have fun working on an elder though, havnt done that yet. Lemme know if youd like me to help you out with that, Im definately up for it hehe.

You havnt seen Elder Ones suit? Heres the link to the SDCC '09 vid. when it opens up hes the one in front with the cape and furs
The furs and cape add soo much to the intimidation factor.. im awestruck by it. plus it looks like hes got a more muted tone to his skin.

Ohhh! I know that suit lol! Shoulda guessed, yeah that one is amazing. If Im right he said that suit is likr 70 or so lbs. Must be a pretty stong guy to walk around in that haha! Yeah, I love his look, specially the cape. To me he seems to have a more royal, maybe badass look. Dont get me wrong, the intimidation is there, but some reason I really wanna hug him haha!

Anyways, Id say thats a very good one to be inspired from, makes me that much more eager to see yours X3

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back