Netflix Recommendations Thread

Just watched Wolf Cop​. So bad it was good. Laughed.

I mentioned on Twitter that I what Wolf Cop and pondered what I was doing with my life afterwards. Wolf Cop saw it and tweeted back hahaha

20140519145723-IGG_pinup_600.jpg

Watched "Singham" the other night. Its an Indian action movie/musical with a questionable ending that's quite fun to watch with a few drinks while commentating with friends. I highly recommend it.

Halt and Catch Fire.

From Wikipedia: The series is set in the Silicon Prairie of Texas in 1983 and depicts a fictionalized insider's view of the personal computer revolution.[3][4] The show's title refers to computer machine code instruction HCF, whose execution would cause the computer's central processing unit to stop working (but not really catch fire).

I'm really digging it so far.

I would recommend the MILIUS documentary or the DREW STRUSSEN doc. the jedi junkies is more of a G4 tv show.....it was o.k. but I wouldn't watch it ever again. ive watched the D.S. doc 3 times and MILIUS 2 times so far...

If it hasn't been mentioned, the doc "Harmontown"

Dan Harmon taking his podcast on the road after being fired from Community. Give you great insight into that genius alcoholic.

Horns. Very, very strange, and perhaps a bit too much Christian theology for everyone's tastes, but I enjoyed it. A good Dan Radcliffe in the lead and solid character actors throughout in small roles including a surprisingly effective Heather Graham (usually have no use for her).

Skip Inherent Vice. The actors were earning their pay, but it was trying so hard to be The Big Lebowski and failing. And waayyy too long.

it did get alil slow, the story made up for it a tad, I ended up liking it. and its not for EVERYONE.. grain of salt..;)

It's definitely a slow burn movie, but it pays off in the end. As you said, it's not for everyone. It's kind of a mind screw/thinking man's movie. Very cerebral despite the cast and their penchant for less than stellar films.

I've been watching Snowpiercer on and off. It has really grown on me. Love Tilda Swinton's performance!

I just finished watching "Alien Outpost". A couple of effects could have been better but it was still pretty good. If you watch it make sure you fast forward through the end credits for a bonus scene.

Zombeavers!

Yes, seriously....
I have that on my list. I watched the trailer and started having doubts (probably because it looks like the dog gets it) and then my brother told me he watched at least part of it and it's not that good. But I kept it on my list.

It's exactly what it should be. Mindless escapism, by craptastic design. It's got some great lines in it.

I have that on my list. I watched the trailer and started having doubts (probably because it looks like the dog gets it) and then my brother told me he watched at least part of it and it's not that good. But I kept it on my list.

These Final Hours

An Australian-made end-of-the-world movie. Unlike most apocalyptic movies that focus on an intrepid group of heroes trying to stop it or mankind's attempt to preserve itself against the end, this movie drops you in after it's too late. The world is being destroyed, and the focus is on one hedonistic young man who, on his way to an end-of-the-world party, decides to help a little girl reunite with her father before it all ends. At the end of it all, he discovers what kind of person he truly is.

I didn't go into it with too many expectations, but I was blown away by what I saw. They make it clear in the movie that there is no escape from what happens, but this story isn't about avoiding the apocalypse. It's about showing what you are made of in the face of the apocalypse.

I will say that this is on my list of best films to watch. I highly recommend this movie, but I will forewarn you that there is a lot of drug use, language, nudity, and sexual situations throughout.

Run All Night, Liam Neeson, Ed Harris, Bruce McGill,Vincent D'Onofrio, and an uncredited Nick Nolte (looks awful). Excellent, gritty crime drama with Neeson & Harris at the top of their game. Very well done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back