Netflix Recommendations Thread

"Survivor". Milla Jovovich is a U.S. embassy worker being chased by Pierce Brosnan.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Watched this gem the other night!

TheNevermoreTales-NJ4KMastersOfTheUniversePartOne656.jpg

These Final Hours

An Australian-made end-of-the-world movie. Unlike most apocalyptic movies that focus on an intrepid group of heroes trying to stop it or mankind's attempt to preserve itself against the end, this movie drops you in after it's too late. The world is being destroyed, and the focus is on one hedonistic young man who, on his way to an end-of-the-world party, decides to help a little girl reunite with her father before it all ends. At the end of it all, he discovers what kind of person he truly is.

I didn't go into it with too many expectations, but I was blown away by what I saw. They make it clear in the movie that there is no escape from what happens, but this story isn't about avoiding the apocalypse. It's about showing what you are made of in the face of the apocalypse.

I will say that this is on my list of best films to watch. I highly recommend this movie, but I will forewarn you that there is a lot of drug use, language, nudity, and sexual situations throughout.

Caught this last night based on reading this and I found it alright. It shows that it's a small budget film but they really managed to make it look bigger than what it was. The clincher for me was that scene of him driving out the marsh near the end. I was really just going through the film before but when that scene came, surprisingly, it got to me and tugged right at my heart strings.

For me, this is definitely up there with Europa Report, on that short list of movies you find on Netflix that are small but are really well done.

"What We do in the Shadows."

If you liked "Spinal Tap" then you'll enjoy this. Monty Python meets just about every vampire and horror cliché and makes a brilliant mockumentary of it. I haven't laughed so much at a film for ages. "Let me do my dark bidding on the Internet!" Ideal for grown up Halloween parties.

Last edited:
We're werewolves, not swearwolves!

"Guys where's your tracksuit pants?" or "Do you like.......... Bugsgettie???" or "I tend to torture when I am in a bad place " and of course " You haven't done the dishes in 5 yearS!"

Just some classic lines in there and funny moments. The vampire flat responsibilities meeting was hilarious, but the "I like to make a real evening out of it............ " piece literally had me struggling to breath for laughing. This has got to be a cult classic in the making. How I missed it on release I'll never know. Bat fight!!!!!!

Oh and "ARCHER" season six has started. Just finished "Narcos" which was gripping stuff as well.

I don't know if it was recommended but "The Hunter" with William Defoe was amazing. Very powerful movie with a twist ending. Very well done film. Slower-ish paced but very very good.

I started watching a show called Zoo. It's based on the James Patterson novel of the same name, though it makes some major modifications to the characters and story.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. Some of the acting is a bit stiff, but that's to be expected these days. What I'm enjoying is how they are showing the evolution of the animals in a realistic way. Some of it's a bit hokey, of course (can't be good all the time), but the rest of it is quite well done.

Sorry if already mentioned, but "Back In Time", the new-ish BTTF documentary featuring interviews with most of the cast (and several features on the screen-used Deloreans) is now Netflix. Wasn't bad. IMHO, like too many documentaries of this type, it's padded with a lot of focus on fandom rather than devoting more time to a real "making of" of the film itself, but it's still pretty good.

M

The Suicide Theory was a very interesting movie.

I don't even know what to compare it to to give you guys an idea, it's just a very unique, good movie. Not going to be to everyone's taste but stick it out! It's worth it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back