Netflix' Marvel Daredevil Build (all costumes)

STARL0RD

So after binge watching this show over the past day I have decided to make both the red and black outfits as well as possibly a Matt Murdock, however I don't have too much dough at the moment so this is going to be on a lower budget unfortunately. I have gathered some materials as well as some clothes to see what I already have and I have found a shirt and pants for the black outfit as well as some gloves too, I do still need the hex vambraces so if any one could direct me to some of those it would be much appreciated! For the red costume I am still trying to gather images to figure out what exactly it looks like. So for now I am just gathering reference.
Charlie Cox Daredevil Red.jpg Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.12.14 AM.pngdaredevil-netflix-series-previews-620x350.jpg5439aa6fceaf8.jpg
If anyone else has any other reference pictures please post them (especially of the red suit)

Last edited:
First off a shout out to sp1derman for letting me use all this reference for the black suit, so just wanted to say thanks! That being said I know have a lot more reference for the black suit
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.41.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.41.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.42.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.42.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.42.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.43.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.43.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.44.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.44.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.44.50 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.12.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 11.12.14 AM.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 483
Thanks! I have seen other people buying those so I will definitely check that out. Any idea on how to do the mask?

I read an article from the costume designer and they said his shirt is actually a compression shirt. Unless you are talking about his mask

Yup, the mask. Though I've seem people looking into Lycra hijabs too. But his shirt is a compression shirt. People even found black ones with the red lining. An almost exact replica.

yeah I have seen the compression shirts and I will hopefully be picking one of those up as long as I can afford it, as for the mask I will definitely check out the Lycra hijabs, thanks again MadeByMadden and Htofstead

Just remember, for the mask you will have to make a kind of shell underneath. Without one, the fabric would fall into the valleys of his face, but they don't, meaning there is some kind of shell underneath. Kinda like a half version of what you would wear under a Spider-man mask.

Got this image that shows great detail in his shirt. I still belive the shirt changes on each of his outings due to damage but this also shows an octagon pattern on the shirt. image.jpg

those look great Tornadoboy! I also thought the shirt changed and I could see that the red lining seemed to disappear at times plus it makes sense. As for a face shell, I think that would probably be a good idea, anybody have a template for a half mask face shell?

I am willing to say with 100% accuracy this is the shirt. Lines match and even though the hex pattern can't be seen I still say it's the same based on the lines

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 815
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 785
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 870
Do you have a link to that shirt Htofstead? I would be very interested in purchasing one. I have also completed the mask which looks pretty d*** good if I do say so myself
SSPX01471.jpg
I apologize for it being sideways

Thanks Man! I have a shirt that will work for now as well as some cargo pants that look pretty good so the black suit is just about finished I will post some pictures when I can, until then I am going to start on the red outfit

Last edited:
Whoa, great looking mask! Mind giving us details how you made it and what you used?

Thanks,
Aeric

The masks are easy to make, the only hard part is making it look legitimate. I'm still thinking a faceshell of sorts is needed to keep the shape.

I am going to be using some stiched up black Uniqlo heattech shirts

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back