Netflix' Marvel Daredevil Build (all costumes)

It's basically just cotton canvas. Nothing fancy, but easily available and even full price less than $10 a yard. Can be used for costuming, so I am not doing anything new. From a distance it looks like the kevlar fabric that was suggested, so I am going on my budget which is cheap lol. With all the other purchases, I am running out of funds quick.
(Pic is from a build thread I started to make myself get moving on the build so sorry it has gloves and my boots in it)
P4160115.JPG

Thanks Looch! I bought some patterns when I was at the fabric store yesterday. I plan to draw on them where the red and black should be so I can hopefully make this easier on me. Hopefully these will help with the process too!

Glad to be of help! Remember to add seam allowances when you cut out the pieces, and also that most of these seams are French seams, ie: flat-felled.

French seams....ok, making note. Also means I better watch some you tube videos. I am not familiar with seam types outside of sew and go. Looked at some images but appears to be a few versions? Will have to look at suit images and go from there. Thanks again for the help. Will help me a lot. I may not have the exact material, but I can at least try to make it look as close as possible from this point on.

I think my biggest problem will be the buckles. The leg straps and the vest both have the same type just different sizes. They appear to be silver metal. I am assuming they are a ladderlock buckle, but for the life of me I can't find them. The hook on the sides of the vest with the under arm strap is another. I thought maybe cinch strap, but that led to dead ends too. Guess I have a little time before I need to figure it out. That and the hex looking rivets may be the last step in the build. At least that would buy me more research time.

Wow this really exploded in my absence! haha, loving the progress. Planning on finishing my black suit pretty soon here!

French seams....ok, making note. Also means I better watch some you tube videos. I am not familiar with seam types outside of sew and go. Looked at some images but appears to be a few versions? Will have to look at suit images and go from there. Thanks again for the help. Will help me a lot. I may not have the exact material, but I can at least try to make it look as close as possible from this point on.

I think my biggest problem will be the buckles. The leg straps and the vest both have the same type just different sizes. They appear to be silver metal. I am assuming they are a ladderlock buckle, but for the life of me I can't find them. The hook on the sides of the vest with the under arm strap is another. I thought maybe cinch strap, but that led to dead ends too. Guess I have a little time before I need to figure it out. That and the hex looking rivets may be the last step in the build. At least that would buy me more research time.[/QUOTE
Actually, it will be easier to do this-fold your seam allowance over about a quarter of an inch twice, then topstitch it to the fabric it is to attach to. You will find an example on the side seams of a regular pair of jeans.

I also noticed the different sizes in the buckles, I think I will get backpack straps and clips then build them up with some foam

Neither of those are actually quite right. They both have logos on the chest and different panels. The last one posted even has a v-neck; it's their soccer line.

The screen-accurate McDavid shirt is the 8840R with its stitches colored red. It was only produced in grey/black and is now discontinued.

There's a great thread going on that's positively IDed all of these parts. Maybe we could combine them or just start committing our resources there?

Awesome job so far. Was also looking into putting together a black cosutme build. Definitely going to take some suggestions from this thread. Was also contemplating doing a Matt Murdock lawyer costume (still unsure on if dressing as a blind character is tasteful or not...I mean, as long as your not being disparaging?) Having a hell (ba-dump tish) of a time trying to find suitable shades for it though.

Hello,
I found some leggings on sale at H&M. They were almost perfect for the mask. If you tighten it enough you won't have a weird bump on the top of your head. Do you guys have any idea what kind of pants Daredevil wears? I thought black skinny jeans might work but I'm having second thoughts. It's amazingly hard to find cargo pants without all the pockets here in the Middle East.

Thanks for reading
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429301359.345287.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429301410.410301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
I found some leggings on sale at H&M. They were almost perfect for the mask. If you tighten it enough you won't have a weird bump on the top of your head. Do you guys have any idea what kind of pants Daredevil wears? I thought black skinny jeans might work but I'm having second thoughts. It's amazingly hard to find cargo pants without all the pockets here in the Middle East.

Thanks for reading
View attachment 465728View attachment 465729

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice job on the mask man!

How does anyone recommend removing the logo off the shirt/arm gear?

I was going to attempt with an iron and steam it out. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get rid of it in an easier fashion.

I am thinking about doing the vigilante suit as well. I really don't want to spend over $30 for this project since I have a very tight budget. How would this do for the mask? And I was thinking just a simple black long sleeve under armor shirt would work. I really don't think anyone is going to notice weather or not you have the McDavid shirt or not. Also has anyone figured out how you're gonna see through the mask? I thought maybe you could cut out eye holes and maybe add fishnet or some other material.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ramadan-Bea...Domain_0&var=610370422598&hash=item4873e5f605

Last edited:
I don't know if you can see though those or not. You might be able to find something something at a fabric store pretty cheap, especially if you have coupons. I just picked up the black cotton mesh tonight for 5.99 a yard with no coupon at JoAnn Fabric. (I had a coupon, so it was actually cheaper). But you can find non-cotton fabrics cheaper that are see through and don't have to be wrapped as much.

As for your budget, it would also depend on what you already have.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back