Nerf Gun Props? YES!

So I finally got my act together to post pictures here.

This Maverick was done several years ago but photographed today:

Maverick_Black_01.jpg

Maverick_Black_02.jpg

Just showing off the "wear and tear" on the fully extended cylinder:
Maverick_Black_03.jpg

Couldn't figure how to shoot it by myself, but when the slide is pulled back, the paint continues, showing "wear and tear" as well.

Having painted up toy/water guns over the years, I wanted this to not be just a simple monochrome look. Worked with two different black sprays, metal spray and silver paint pen for the look, as well as gun metal brushed onto the individual rivet holes and screw heads.

This weapons has also had the restrictors removed and the spring stretched. Works nicely, with only the occasional slide cocking issue.

I've got a WIP Longshot that I've had for years as well as plans for a bunch of different Nerfs that I've acquired over the year.

Now to afford mod pieces before I open'em up to paint... :rolleyes

Just wanted to give back for the inspiration on all of these pages.

Hey guys, got the computer back up and running so photo avalanche soon :) Here's a few maverick progress photos. Steampunk is the focus this week

7ae4e78f.jpg

1ff37675.jpg

09657ecc.jpg

And a halo inspired scout :)
df2bd4d1.jpg

Last edited:
And a halo inspired scout :)
df2bd4d1.jpg

That's very nice work. The colour scheme is quite subtle, as is the weathering.

What are you using for your final sealant?

I've been using "Chroma Invisible Solvent Finishing Varnish". Comes in a bottle, and I brush it on the gun.

Problem is, it's not really "invisible" at all. It slightly darkens the piece, and leaves a slight but noticeable sheen.

hi, every body.
I'm from Thailand. Now I'm looking for a Nerf gun for my custom.

Hi! My wife is from Thailand, her and our son just arrived here in Korea. Our local department stores have a lot of Nerf and other brand guns, so if you need something, I would be happy to buy and ship to you in Thailand, no extra cost. Whatever I pay plus actual shipping. I even found a "Longstrike"(is that the right name? It's a pretty big rifle-looking thing.) at Home Plus, which in Thailand is the same store as Tesco/Lotus. Check in the toy section there.

Here it was 47,000 won which is about 1300 Thai baht.

This goes for anyone. If you can't find a gun in your local store, it MIGHT be available here. Different regions have different stock, so you never know. Just message me. I have the next 2 weeks off, so sooner is better. Anything to help Replica prop Forum members.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts, but this site scam thing really threw me off. I just today realized that I was still following a link to the bad site and couldn't find the thread. Anyways, I will try to answer the questions I can, as soon as I can!

Oh and I'm battling a kidney stone and a cold at the same time...why have you forsaken me lord??? :)

And a few photos from the phone:

Possible mash up with the new Rayven
53d88105.jpg

be3bce71.jpg

Derpin around. This was not edited, amazingly :)
d13016cb.jpg

That steampunk rifle almost done
f82797a8.jpg

Scope almost done
e1848358.jpg

Beast is just about done, cut the trigger guard last night
86b2bb40.jpg

Fit test. I'll epoxy the stuff together to look like one piece
6b1ce348.jpg

Made this as a gift for a friend's 5 year old. Notice there's no design on the exterior shell. Yes, that took forever. :)
f4e8c6f7.jpg

a4db018d.jpg

Fifth Element Multi-pass primered
64d8e499.jpg

3017b7fd.jpg

Laser tag SMG
3407455a.jpg

And working on a few shirt designs. The lettering was just a stand-in
c9fe178c.jpg

Thanks guys, great stuff being shared, thank you for keeping this thread thriving. You are the best. THE BEST!! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts, but this site scam thing really threw me off. I just today realized that I was still following a link to the bad site and couldn't find the thread. Anyways, I will try to answer the questions I can, as soon as I can!

Oh and I'm battling a kidney stone and a cold at the same time...why have you forsaken me lord??? :)

And a few photos from the phone:

Possible mash up with the new Rayven
53d88105.jpg

be3bce71.jpg

Derpin around. This was not edited, amazingly :)
d13016cb.jpg

That steampunk rifle almost done
f82797a8.jpg

Scope almost done
e1848358.jpg

Beast is just about done, cut the trigger guard last night
86b2bb40.jpg

Fit test. I'll epoxy the stuff together to look like one piece
6b1ce348.jpg

Made this as a gift for a friend's 5 year old. Notice there's no design on the exterior shell. Yes, that took forever. :)
f4e8c6f7.jpg

a4db018d.jpg

Fifth Element Multi-pass primered
64d8e499.jpg

3017b7fd.jpg

Laser tag SMG
3407455a.jpg

And working on a few shirt designs. The lettering was just a stand-in
c9fe178c.jpg

Thanks guys, great stuff being shared, thank you for keeping this thread thriving. You are the best. THE BEST!! :)

Oh man! I would SO sport one of those shirts for you! Hell, I know a pretty prominent director here in Korea. I'm thinking of showing him your work. I don't think they utilize things like this yet, but I think they would!

Would you release the artwork if someone wanted to print their ow? I have iron on transfer paper is why I'm asking. And if you put your web addy on it, I'd be glad to wear it around and give you free advertising..

Would you release the artwork if someone wanted to print their ow? I have iron on transfer paper is why I'm asking. And if you put your web addy on it, I'd be glad to wear it around and give you free advertising..

I'd be honored, guys. I planned to do some shirts to make available for people at basically cost plus shipping, so if I can just post a large image to d/l, you'd be welcome to make them any way you please. Let me work on that and I'll also post a few a few made by friends that are way better than I could ever do :) Speaking of that, any of you creative people who want to make up a cool design, feel free to and also make use of any photo posted here. That would be very cool and I promise not to steal the work :D

Oh man! I would SO sport one of those shirts for you! Hell, I know a pretty prominent director here in Korea. I'm thinking of showing him your work. I don't think they utilize things like this yet, but I think they would!

Absolutely. Just don't make any money on it :D wait, if you do, donate it to RPF for their legal fee fund they're trying to build up. I hope you guys will all help or order a tshirt. I just ordered one myself :)

Thank you!

[OK, not nerf, but didn't want to create a new thread. Obligatory apology here for crap photo quality]

A Martian Ladies Blaster, found in wreckage off the Zanzibar coast during the early years of the Fatimid Caliphate. Believed to have been held (and used) by the royal family in Cairo.

Before...

RayGunBefore.jpg

After...

RayGunAftercopy.jpg

This is my first attempt at, well, anything. Mostly a repaint, with some bondo and green putty, and a lot of filing and sanding. Not overly happy with the finish, but there's always next time...

I'd be honored, guys. I planned to do some shirts to make available for people at basically cost plus shipping, so if I can just post a large image to d/l, you'd be welcome to make them any way you please. Let me work on that and I'll also post a few a few made by friends that are way better than I could ever do :) Speaking of that, any of you creative people who want to make up a cool design, feel free to and also make use of any photo posted here. That would be very cool and I promise not to steal the work :D

I was thinking a large 8X10 for the back a 3X3 for the sleeve and a 4X4 for the left breast. With your web addy and e-mail, I know my boys would love to wear them at school. For the breast and sleeve just the web addy, for the back web addy and e-mail. If you ever get the artwork together, I have 2 packs of iron on transfer for light colors and my boys have a lot of plain white t-shirts.

YAY!!! I got a huge lot of guns from a local guy off Craigslist. I can't wait to pick them up.

Question though, whats the best kind of primer, and paints to use ?

Also are you guys filling the screw holes with Bondo or something else ?

I was thinking a large 8X10 for the back a 3X3 for the sleeve and a 4X4 for the left breast. With your web addy and e-mail, I know my boys would love to wear them at school. For the breast and sleeve just the web addy, for the back web addy and e-mail. If you ever get the artwork together, I have 2 packs of iron on transfer for light colors and my boys have a lot of plain white t-shirts.

That sounds like a good look! I have a cartoonist friend working on a more steampunk looking coat of arms and logo for me, but if you like the more futuristic style guns, I will get after that ASAP. Feel free to give it a go yourself if you want, but I should have something together here soon. Thank you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back