Need PR help, real or TM M1A1

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Happy new year to you all :cheers

Since I´m planning to upgrade my current PR setup with a set of Matt´s resin shrouds, I´m also thinking about whether to keep the TM Thompson it´s built on OR putting a real deactivated M1A1 on it!? :wacko

My setup consists of:
- TM Thompson
- Hyperdyne counter setup (attached to the TM gearbox)
- Real SPAS cage and pump
- Real deac. 870
- Matt´s vents and shoulder stock
- SDS conversion parts
- vacformed, soon resin shroud

So, what would you guys do?
Should I add the real M1A1 or keep it a shooter by leaving the TM in it (which is quite cool IMHO)?!

Can the HD counter be attached to a real M1A1 somehow?
Right now it counts down, when the trigger is pulled/ a BB is launched and I really want to keep this feature on the new, improved PR setup :unsure

Thanks in advance for your input!

Markus :)

Last edited:
It's up to you really, I dont know what deact thompsons go for in Germany, but around here you're looking at about $1000 worth of upgrades.

It's up to you really, I dont know what deact thompsons go for in Germany, but around here you're looking at about $1000 worth of upgrades.
I totally agree with Matt,there is alot of money invested to upgrade,by the time it is said and done ,the parts are only going up in price ,piece by piece....

Well...

I can get a FULL deactivated Thompson for about 400 Euro (somewhat close to $530).
Plus I already have the M1A1 to upgrade and I´m on a new shroud already.
My thread has two purposes:

- Being a "poll" about WHETHER to a) keep it a shooter by leaving the TM OR b) making it a display item only?!
- Asking for help regarding the HD counter.
I have detailed instructions how to add the counter/ board to the gearbox to make it actually work, but I don´t have the slightest idea if I can make it work with a deac. M1A1 as well. Anyone with experiences?

Thanks, Markus

Well...

I can get a FULL deactivated Thompson for about 400 Euro (somewhat close to $530).
Plus I already have the M1A1 to upgrade and I´m on a new shroud already.
My thread has two purposes:

- Being a "poll" about WHETHER to a) keep it a shooter by leaving the TM OR b) making it a display item only?!
- Asking for help regarding the HD counter.
I have detailed instructions how to add the counter/ board to the gearbox to make it actually work, but I don´t have the slightest idea if I can make it work with a deac. M1A1 as well. Anyone with experiences?

Thanks, Markus
The counter will work with a deactivated thompson ,and heres a website to walk you thru the process ,very helpful site, Aliens Pulse Rifle

You want my honest opinion... keep the airsoft....

Build another on the deact...:D

I stick a very small momentary switch inside the deact under the trigger, I have to use a smaller diameter spring in order to accomodate the space the switch takes up but still keep the trigger movable.

M

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back