Live fire pulse rifle sbs/sbr need help

Evilhat3e

I'm working on one of my first replica builds and well its a big one to me. I've always had the dream of having a live fire sbs/sbr m41a pulse rifle from aliens and I've almost collected all the nessasary parts( hcg shroud, spas 12 cage, extra). My question is how did they secure the launcher(remington 870 Inside spas 12 cage) to the fore end of the m1a1 thompson? I plan to shoot super light loads so I'm not worried about it snapping off. I just want it to be screen accurate. I couldn't find any detailed info on this and I know I'm not the first one to attempt a firing pulse rifle. Any help in the right direction would be awesome. Couldn't find a thread on specifically the launcher.

I'm trying to do a airsoft version and this is the one question I have been trying to find a answer for as well. I have seen a few finished rifles, along with multiple build logs, and this is the one thing that NONE of them ever mentions or shows. I have asked on a few different forums and whatnot over the years and have yet to ever get a answer.

Last edited:
I found this awhile ago. I believe it's one of the screen used rifles.

Looks like they've mounted it to the bar that the Thompson's forearm attaches to. I can't tell if there's another mounting point somewhere under the shroud but, I'd certainly feel better having one if it were mine.
bapty1.jpg

A few guys I found that built real shooting ones just welded the upper half of the 870 to the forend suport of the thompson. It looks ugly but it works. I hope I can find a different way

Building a real one now. I am going to weld the front barrel triangle to the spas 12 cage and pin the triangle to the barrel in the front. The Thompson has a thin strip of metal that runs under the barrel that is where the hand guard mounts. Will likely run a pin from the spas 12 cage to that strip. You can see in the above Pic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back