Need Help With Spider-Man Cutting Error

John NotStamos

IMG_4902[1].JPG
So a month ago, I was cutting holes for my Spider-Man mask as an amateur and I cut both eyes too far. I tried hand sewing (Without a machine) and it only fixed the right eye. I was thinking of buying a low quality mask and putting in behind the suit or patching the face shell (black part) with a similair fabric, yet I'm unsure. Any advice or ideas from you guys?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4902[1].JPG
    IMG_4902[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5,542
It looks like battle damage. If you make some pattern on the face shell to look like some kind of armor layer you can say it's intentional. Alternately you could cut the mask off and hem the color to look like it's for a removable mask and by just a mask. Just some thoughts...

If it were me I would just cut off the mask and go as Peter Parker unmasked.
I don't think you'll be able to seamlessly fix that.
Finding a perfect match for the red will be very, very tough if looking for a replacement mask.

Let us see the other side, I have some thoughts but I'd like to see the right eye to decide if my idea will work.
Alternate would be a hard shell mask and use the fabric from that mask to cover the shell. Maybe that's an option.

Based on the web pattern it looks like you have the mask too high up on your head - on most suits the centre of the webs is right between the eyes so maybe if you pull it down a bit more you can get the lenses to cover the hole better. Although I truly think the only way you can salvage that and use the same mask is to switch to a larger set of frames that will cover it up.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back