NECA 1:4 Scale PREDATOR Figure

PredatrHuntr said:
I try not to collect the figures anymore, but the detail is incredible.  I have the smaller version of the Borg and am content with it.  However that maskless P2...I may not be able to resist!  MUST RESIST!!!!!  Resistance is futile lol!
LOL, I hear you man. I'm trying to cut back my collecting activity; I've found that I'm collecting figures with "out direction".  I'm going to scale back, and focus only on the P1, P2 and P2 Elder figures. Right now I've got pred figures everywhere -it looks more like I'm hoarding Pred figures than collecting them. 
~Estelle

Estelle said:
LOL, I hear you man. I'm trying to cut back my collecting activity; I've found that I'm collecting figures with "out direction".  I'm going to scale back, and focus only on the P1, P2 and P2 Elder figures. Right now I've got pred figures everywhere -it looks more like I'm hoarding Pred figures than collecting them. 
~Estelle
As long as you organised them very well it should not look like you are hoarding it will be collecting at that point. It is all about appearance when it comes to collecting .
Here is a better picture of the Elder's Sheath for his prized blade.
BAGHC-rCAAAOoXZ.jpg

An Elder?.. Iv'e sold quite a few of my figures recently in order to make some room.. But for an Elder, I'm sure I could squeeze him in somewhere  :)

Guan-thwei said:
As long as you organised them very well it should not look like you are hoarding it will be collecting at that point. It is all about appearance when it comes to collecting .
Here is a better picture of the Elder's Sheath for his prized blade.
BAGHC-rCAAAOoXZ.jpg
LOL, true.I definitely need to organize, I have a room ( my computer room) in which I house my "collection" .  I have all my 1/4ths lined up on a window seal, my hot toys - some are on my desk, others are laying jumbled in a chair, and my  smaller neca preds are allover the place! The detail in the Elder sheath is promising! Oh, please let this be a taste of things to come. I hope this figure will be equally detailed throughout.
~Estelle

Got my unmasked P2 today and it is simply astonishing. I was skeptical  the published photos of the head sculpt. Something didnt seem right. But looking at it in person... it's dead on. Something minor seemed off  in the announcement photos, but I couldn't put my finger on it (Maybe the positioning of the mandibles in relation to each other). Whatever it was appears to have changed or corrected for the better. :)

actias said:
Got my unmasked P2 today and it is simply astonishing. I was skeptical  the published photos of the head sculpt. Something didnt seem right. But looking at it in person... it's dead on. Something minor seemed off  in the announcement photos, but I couldn't put my finger on it (Maybe the positioning of the mandibles in relation to each other). Whatever it was appears to have changed or corrected for the better. :)
I wonder if that means mine will be shipping to my address now? I will have to check to see my order

Guan-thwei said:
New body was done for 8" not 1/4 scale. Elder articulation will follow 1/4 scale JH articulation
good job neca, definitely not getting it now that i know. why bother redoing the sheath and other parts instead of just giving him the right articulation?

Predlethe said:
Any pic's of the elder been released yet? Even though it's still early days.
No, they might not release any more photos until closer to the release of the figure which may be towards the middle or end of the year.

Anyone else notice that they make all the 1/4 scale preds out of the same body either predator 1 or 2. Doubt we will get any others until they have sold all the one with the same armor. It'll be awhile before we see a snake, shawman, or lost predator

akafighter408 said:
Anyone else notice that they make all the 1/4 scale preds out of the same body either predator 1 or 2. Doubt we will get any others until they have sold all the one with the same armor. It'll be awhile before we see a snake, shawman, or lost predator
Honestly can't say that I blame them because one they are not necessarly deferring away from the accuracy of the characters, but to save on both time and money when we the fans are demanding these figures. It would be easy to let one sculpt run it's course then once that is done be able to sculpt and cast the other characters. The 1/4th Elder is a prime example of this.

This question was brought up about a possible re-release of the 1/4th scale P1.

Q: If the demand was there, would you consider a 1/4 scale Classic Masked Predator re-issue w/LEDs & voice chip?
A: maybe BUT it would have to cost more for the electronics. We'll see after other already planned 1/4 scales this year

My package has arrived on Friday was able to pick it up today here are some pics.
2013-01-28112347_zps939b38bf.jpg

2013-01-28112425_zpsb9070a0d.jpg

2013-01-28112308_zpsded92e05.jpg

2013-01-28112212_zps9b9975a0.jpg

GORT
2013-01-28112954_zps3c3d4fce.jpg

2013-01-28113035_zpse3dad509.jpg

As you can tell the Gort Predator has the Extended Spear this time and not the P2 un-masked one.

2013-01-28113126_zpsa6785e57.jpg

The Disc is painted a weird color to help match the Gort's armor

2013-01-28113102_zps9c9c718a.jpg

P2 Un-Masked
2013-01-28112500_zpsc9dff981.jpg

2013-01-28112553_zpsf63e1f36.jpg

2013-01-28112633_zps8ee6cec4.jpg

2013-01-28112705_zpse3770378.jpg

2013-01-28112749_zps8575d05f.jpg

2013-01-28112904_zpsf5a002f3.jpg

2013-01-28112832_zps03e66e19.jpg

Got my set in a few weeks ago....gotta love Amok time toys...very fast!
I lowered the ornamental cod pieces on them, as they sit up a bit to high.
Love these and cant wait for the elder and more lost hunters.....Boar and brother Boar would be pretty easy for Neca to do in 1/4.

p2face1.jpg

4preds.jpg

p2face1.jpg

gort1.jpg

Joe, cool pics, but I'm wondering when we're going to be treated to some repaints of these guys?  You KNOW you want to repaint them.

BENSIN said:
Joe, cool pics, but I'm wondering when we're going to be treated to some repaints of these guys?  You KNOW you want to repaint them.
Yeah I would have to agree with Bensin your camera took way better pics granted of course I was using my cell phone to take mine. I'm really stoked to have mine even it did take awhile, but I'm wanting more Lost Hunters and the Elder.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back