neat Padd type photo viewer

prototype7

I really wish I had bought more of these when they were out. I picked this up last christmas at walmart. I'm using it to hold photos but I fear one day it will be dismantled and burried in a padd replica...

img1243405613318.jpg

img1243405612908.jpg

img1243405613743.jpg

Maybe I'll just give it a repaint in the mean time...:cool

The size and shape is remarkable.

Is there any info on it? Model number, manufacturer, etc.? We could probably find more online somewhere. I'd love to find one.

Envue Burnes... found them on Adorama for 80.00... only paid 20 when these were clearanced out of the stores! Doh! I'll try a moving gif tonight but i doubt it. If you find a good price please share!

They went down to $5 at Walmart in Michigan last month. I have not seen any more on the shelves though.

Five bucks?! :eek
How cool is that! Real working PADDs from now on. And not only Star Trek - wherever you need a slim display.
Very cool find!:thumbsup

Are these accurate to anything or just a neat idea?
If you saw one in person, you'd instantly recognize it as looking like a Star Trek TNG era PADD. Whether the size is exactly right or not, I don't know. But once you load it up with LCARS jpegs, it is convincing enough. The only thing that reveals it to be a picture viewer is that it has a page turning graphic when you go from one jpeg to the next. But if you just leave the same image up, no one will ever see that. It could just use some paint and labels.

They went down to $5 at Walmart in Michigan last month. I have not seen any more on the shelves though.

Were they in the electronics/photo section? I generally avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, but I might pop my my local one to see if there are any of these kicking around.

Were they in the electronics/photo section? I generally avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, but I might pop my my local one to see if there are any of these kicking around.

Where I found mine in Van Buren Twp., they were in an aisle that was purely clearance from all over the store. This is what my Walmart reciept calls the item "DIGITAL BRAG 001320835043" Maybe the front desk can use that number to tell you if it is in stock over the phone.

Last place I saw that had them was Target... but that was a few months ago. They were moved to the clearance pile and then scrapped. I REALLY wish I had bought more of them!

I just picked up one of these but what's my next step? Is there someplace inparticular where I can find a good source of several images.

I just picked up one of these but what's my next step? Is there someplace inparticular where I can find a good source of several images.

Funky... where did you get yours... and how much?

as for files... the guy on lcars.net sells cds I think full of files and animations... He's a member on the board here too. Can't remember who right off.

I did a search and found this info...

Burnes of Boston enVue, Digital Photo Album with 3.5" LCD Display, Holds up to 60 Photos & 2000 more photos on a memory card, USB Interface, Color: Black Mfr. Part: DPF3502 SKU: BURDPF3502

I will be looking in the local Walmart to see if we had them in Canada.
Thanks for the heads-up prototype7!
Later, Petseal

I'm on vacation in Florida and they have a ton of them here at the local Walmart. Problem is they are 40.00. Let me know if anyone needs one. We found a TON of perfect LCARS images on Google. The unit itself will hold 60 images and we found a lot more than that so filling it wasn't a problem. Once you set the unit for level 5 brightness, I gotta say, WOW! The freakin' thing looks like a working PADD! :eek

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back