Name that song/instrumental?

I’ve always wanted to find this slow, bittersweet/melancholy piano instrumental that I heard when I was a kid. This was in the ‘80s, but I’m pretty sure it’s older than that. I want to say it’s a pretty well known piece, since I think it was included in one of those compilation albums you could order C.O.D. back then. I also want to say it's been used, comedically, on TV shows to really drive home the point that a character is sad. Haven’t really heard it much for a while now, but I do remember hearing it regularly enough in those days.
I don't know the name, but I think I know the piece you mean. Very slow and somber piece, it got a lot of play.
Off the top of my head sounds like something Chicago did
Theme from Love Story?
I thought for sure it was the one in my second link, I've heard it so often when a character was feeling sad. Whatever it is it must be an old classical piece, something not bound by copyrights to have been used in so many different things.

FOUND IT! If the video doesn't start at the right spot, it plays at 1min: 46 sec in. So, that's the song, now, can anyone tell me what it is?

FOUND IT! If the video doesn't start at the right spot, it plays at 1min: 46 sec in. So, that's the song, now, can anyone tell me what it is?
That song was in the vid I posted earlier, but it's gone now and I can't remember the title. I want to say it was "Goodbye (woman's name)" but not sure.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back