The first pics.

USSCP_0001.jpg

USSCP_0059.jpg

USSCP_0035.jpg

USSCP_0018.jpg

USSCP_0055.jpg

USSCP_0088.jpg

Tom

That is an AA Phaser that was rebuilt by Dave Lewis.

Here's mine

prop_aa_phaser_reworked.jpg

That boy sure can work a AA Phaser can't he?

Do I win anything?

Okay, I should've excluded the TrekPropZone people from guessing so this wouldn't turn into a 4 post thread. :(

Yes, it's a Dave Lewis special and it's mine. :)

This one features:
• Extending retracting front P2 emitter
• Metal parts and a real period accurate 10-turn dial
• metal P1 trigger
• Accurate power meter and acylic cover
• Real Extra Crispy
• Vibrating Force Feedback when fired
• Ratcheting front ring
• An much, much more plastic surgery than a Hollywood Starlet

USSCP_0082.jpg

USSCP_0071.jpg

USSCP_0017.jpg

USSCP_0050.jpg

USSCP_0026.jpg

USSCP_0021.jpg

USSCP_0004.jpg

USSCP_0020.jpg

USSCP_0005.jpg

IUSSCP_0012.jpg

Well yours looks even better then mine you lucky dog. Want to trade for a first run one LOL

Super big thanks to FHC, UFP-1701 and TrekPropZone for bringing Dave to us there and hosting his threads. :)

Dave reworked this one so much it's almost not an AA Phaser. The few tells left are the plastic release pull, the contacts under the P1 and matching contacts on the P2, plus the trigger mechanism on the P2 bed. Other than that, the whole phaser was rebuilt. And that list was very long, and Dave worked very hard on this.

I challenged Dave to add a P1 acrylic power meter and aluminum P1 button and extending nozzle. That really took it out of the toy mode.

Honestly, I like the shape of this better than the MRÂ…lower front hood, better P1 shape, extending nozzle, and better lighter weight. I like the MR too and it's cool, but this ones is equally cool. The vibrating feedback when it fires just geeks me out.

Tom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dude @ Mar 10 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1436852[/snapback]</div>
I know, I know.

It is a Star Trek Phaser.

What do I win?
[/b]

:lol Good one

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nwjedidave @ Mar 10 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]1436966[/snapback]</div>
I WANT ONE....

where do I sign up?
[/b]

Why here of course USSCassiopeia Phasers

Just be prepared to be put on a waiting list though since Dave''s got projects lined up like planes at a Chicago airport. He's popular for build work and has a regular job too. It's worth the wait though as you can see.

Tom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 10 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1436869[/snapback]</div>
That is an AA Phaser that was rebuilt by Dave Lewis.

Here's mine

prop_aa_phaser_reworked.jpg

That boy sure can work a AA Phaser can't he?

Do I win anything?
[/b]

FHC, that pic kept me going while I waited for mine. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Tom

One of many things that impress me on this buildup is that the shape looks pretty accurate. Dave's paint finish is very impressive, as is his attention to detail. His extending/retracting front emitter works smoothly and just geeks me out. Not too many builds out there have that. is's just plain cool.

Tom

Thanks fellas. :$ Tom's way too nice to me.

He's right about the backup - I have an order of five coming in right now and I don't know when I'll be taking more. Those things keep me busy.

The best I can do for you guys is sell you the upgrade parts that I use - I even have a whole 'kit' available. Plus when I start on this run it's going to be a real-time build with continuous posting of pics, etc. and if you'd like to follow along that'd be great.

What do ya think?

Dave

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back