My Predator sketch

arrias

Hello. I'm new to this site, so you guy don't know me yet, but I have checked around a bit and dicided that I want to make a Predator costume.
But before I start working I must have an idea of how the finished productt should look like, so I started to sketch without any references and after a minute I had a rough piece.
bild.jpg

I have never skeched a Predator before, so I thought I should look for something to compare the sketch to.
Then I started checking out threads at the Hunter's Gallery and found this amaizing piece made by Robillicus.(Thread name: I drew the Predator)
And finally I had a good reference. I added details to my rough sketch and this is how it turned out:
bild_2_.jpg

The pictures are taken with a very poor light and a Iphone insead of a real camera, so there are many details that doesn't show. I am planning to make a customized mask out of this piece, so I'd like to hear some critisism and feedback from all of you guys:)

Thanks Robillicus for uploading your wonderful piece of art.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not quite satisfied with the skin inside the highlighted area. Any suggestions?
bild_2_red.JPG

Nice to see some more artists around here (en svensk också! :) ).
Its your design so it can look however you want it to look, dont think that the area looks wrong at all.
Keep the pics coming! o_O

Those are some very cool drawings there. :)
Keep up the great work.
(Jag är svensk också, en Skåning närmare bestämt)

Thanks, I will :) (Härligt med så många svenskar) Working on two predator youngsters, tracking their prey, atm.

Here is a prewiew of the two hunters and my second predator sketch(starting to like the Predator as a motive, more and more):
bild_4_.jpg

More coming tomorrow. Good Night.

This is a new sketch I did today. It's the same as my first sketch, except some futures that I wasn't quite happy aboute and redid. Now it looks more like the mask that I want to make... oh, and my lill sis helped me out drawing that with some purple :)
bild_6_.jpg

I have not drawn any quills or spots on him, scince I haven't decided yet, how I'm going to paint him up.
I think I'll call him Frankenstein...

Thanks. My first predator drawing was greatly inpired by the one you won a contest with, btw. No, I don't have a deviantart, or anything like that, but I have facebook and bdb(if you know what that is). I haven't uploaded that many pictures.

Ok. Yesterday I looked around for as much reference material as I could find, then I made a more serious drawing of "Frankenstein". It took me whole night, but now I think I'm ready to start sculpting. I have already ordered clay and sculpt tools.
Predator_skiss.JPG

Very symmetrical and clean lines. The thorns/horns on the dreadholes is a nice addition. :p
Will you put up a WIP when you start sculpting?

Yes, ofcoure I will. I think the clay will arrive on monday. I will put a link here to a WIP thread when I make one.
I'm currently working on a new sketch, designed by my brother, for his sculpting project. Guess what? It's also a Predator :p

Alright. Yesterday I was phoned by the company that i ordered my clay from, and was told that my order had been delayed(As if I hadn't figured that out yet).
Right after I finished my last drawing I began a new one from a different angle. Then I dicided to change him a bit... took me 10 hours just to finish the rough sketch(Just did). I thought it looked just like any pred exept for the forehead, so I took my time to really make him more unice and added some feautures from other artists, that I really liked.

I'll upload it in a couple of hours, when I've finished it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back