My New Series Doctor Who Tardis Build (image heavy)

Amazing build! I'm hoping to start a Tardis build soon myself, and this has certainly given me a goal to shoot for. I'm especially impressed with the electronics - extremely well done. Any advice for novice woodworkers? I know Tardis plans are somewhat forbidden, but any resources you recommend? Again, amazing build!

That is absolutely amazing! you are so talented! I have decided to build a TARDIS myself and i was wondering if you have any resources/advice or tips that would be handy to know for someone who has no skills in wood work such as myself :p

That is absolutely amazing! you are so talented! I have decided to build a TARDIS myself and i was wondering if you have any resources/advice or tips that would be handy to know for someone who has no skills in wood work such as myself :p

Sorry for my delayed reply. I was on vacation. Thanks for the compliment.

If you're long on desire and short on skills, you can still do it, it will just be a huge learning experience. It's a big task anyway. If at all possible, I'd enlist the aid of a friend that has at least some experience working with wood. Can even be a carptenter instead of a cabinet maker. Learning from ground zero is really going to be a task.

Hello, sorry to intrude, but I am new here! I am considering to build a TARDIS as my senior project (hoping to gain experience in woodworking). Would you happen to have any blueprints that I may be able to acquire to assist in my build? Or if possible, is there a simpler build that you could direct me to? It would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

Hi im also new here and would like to know how i can get a copy of the plans you used to build you tardis. Im looking to build one with my daughter who like me is a huge fan. Please and info will help

Very cool that you making a TARDIS. Mine is just the doors and the "Police Phone Call Box" at top. I do have two lights that light up. Finally, the closet has an interior door that would be part of the TARDIS. My version comes from the 1980 series of Doctor Who.

Sir,
I'm looking at your New Series Doctor Who TARDIS build (image heavy) on the RPF site.
I'm not sure whats' going on but there are not a lot of images. I'm figuring that where it states things like DSC_0620.jpg there is supposed to be a picture. I'm contacting you because I'm building my own TARDIS and I got plans from a friend of mine that built one off of your design. However, there are not a lot of details (or pictures for that matter). I was wondering if there was any way for me to get the pictures that you took so that I could have a better understand of what I'm trying to do.
If not, that's alright, I figured I would try.

Thank you for your time.

Scott

slim6869 - welcome to the board. The lack of pictures are because this thread dates back to 2010 which is a few server moves and updates back. Those old image files are probably long lost. Before someone starts shouting "necro-poster" at you for replying to a very old thread I'd like to say: welcome to the RPF. We're quite the mixed hive of scum and villainy here. :) Hopefully you'll find a good number of sources of useful info and inspiration...but do also check the age of the threads. Many go back a long, long, looooooong time. Enjoy!

Sir,
I'm looking at your New Series Doctor Who TARDIS build (image heavy) on the RPF site.
I'm not sure whats' going on but there are not a lot of images. I'm figuring that where it states things like DSC_0620.jpg there is supposed to be a picture. I'm contacting you because I'm building my own TARDIS and I got plans from a friend of mine that built one off of your design. However, there are not a lot of details (or pictures for that matter). I was wondering if there was any way for me to get the pictures that you took so that I could have a better understand of what I'm trying to do.
If not, that's alright, I figured I would try.

Thank you for your time.

Scott

They are likely just misplaced with a recent migration of one of my servers. I’ll sort this out in the morning.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back