My New Series Doctor Who Tardis Build (image heavy)

This is the best build i think i have seen. My soon to be hubby :love and i have been looking for a blue print and a punch list so we can build a life size TARDIS for our wedding. (At my request might I add) so i am sad :cry to see that your post seem to end back in Aug. Please we need the info to make this dream come true for our wedding. We only have until May 4th to have it done... our wedding date is May 5th 2012.. and I so want Bridal Pics with my own Tardis.

Not only do i think this is the best build i have seen but it looks like you pulled it off the set of the BBC... it is so spot on and it takes my breath away. You are a true craftsman, and i would love to see what else you did to finish and how you did it.
Wow. A wedding TARDIS that is awesome.

This would have to be one of the finest examples of the 11th Doctors Tardis that I have seen. Your research on the 11th Doctors Tardis was dun exceptionally well, as it shows, with a well-informed build that any gifted person could build from. A modular Tardis very nice any plans on doing a Dalek build to go with the Tardis

There was speculation at TARDIS Builders that the TARDIS in Scotland was not yours, because the base was taller and some other minor details looked different. Do you think that was yours having traveled overseas or maybe one of the BBC promotional props?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

There was speculation at TARDIS Builders that the TARDIS in Scotland was not yours, because the base was taller and some other minor details looked different. Do you think that was yours having traveled overseas or maybe one of the BBC promotional props?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

It's all news to me so I asked qMX.

the qMX one I built was used in LA. A BBC one in Scotland.

This build is incredible! Everything looks so clean, sharp and tidy it's really impressive. Love the effect you've achieved with the wood grain, probably the best 2010 TARDIS build I've seen. Very inspiring, so big question time- would you recommend this build to a person with no real wood work experience?

Last edited:
Hats off the best build I've seen, the time and effort is so worth it.

Well Done.

You've inspired me. Wondered if the wife would let me have one in the garden. :D

This build is incredible! Everything looks so clean, sharp and tidy it's really impressive. Love the effect you've achieved with the wood grain, probably the best 2010 TARDIS build I've seen. Very inspiring, so big question time- would you recommend this build to a person with no real wood work experience?

I think it's more important that you have a can-do attitude, than woodworking experience. You will need access to some tools though.

Also keep in mind, this one was built for fast setup and striking, packing and moving, over and over. Building one for home would be much easier.

Well it's certainly on my to do list along with a dozen other props/costumes etc.!

Now I better get on and finish this ruddy Dalek...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back